Josh Allen named Most Improved Player of the Year by PFWA

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

Where do you guys think he will fall on the top 100 when that comes out (obviously still 1 hopefully 2 games to add to the rep).

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

top 15

If you are going to be in the MVP conversation and be a top 5 QB, that makes sense. Maybe he gets a mild slight and pushes to the 15-25 mark? Anything worse than 25 and I think that would be a wild just based on position importance and ranking alone. 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

If you are going to be in the MVP conversation and be a top 5 QB, that makes sense. Maybe he gets a mild slight and pushes to the 15-25 mark? Anything worse than 25 and I think that would be a wild just based on position importance and ranking alone. 

I think he is top 3 QB sitting at #3 but even if he is #4 he should not slip lower then 17

I think the other interesting question.. where does Diggs sit? could we have 2 top 15 players?

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Because Darnold improved less, does this mean Bayliss still thinks Darnold > Allen? 🤔

His thing is he would take Mayfield over Allen now, which is quite funny.  

Shannon is a big Josh Allen defender IIRC.  This whole segment is just hilarious.

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I literally SKIP anything Skip Bayless 

Other than being a bad analyst, he let's his love for the Cowboys and Sooners dominate his thinking 😂 

Guys like that will always have a spot on TV because people like to watch them say outlandish things, it's just how Sports talk works I suppose.  

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, TUBSTER said:

Shannon is a big Josh Allen defender IIRC.  This whole segment is just hilarious.

How can anyone take Skip Bayless seriously?

10 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

My guess is behind Rodgers, Mahomes, Kelce, Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Donald, Henry, Hopkins and Davante Adams.

If anybody has Lamar in front of Allen, they need their head checked.  Not saying you are wrong in terms of where he falls on the list but Jackson should be the 5th Qb at best.  It’s Rodgers/Maholmes (you pick), then Allen/Wilson, then you may argue for Jackson.

15 hours ago, CSBill said:

How can anyone take Skip Bayless seriously?

He is one of those "experts" that bought into the lazy "inaccurate" analysis of Allen coming out of college and still refuses to let it go. I think it is more important for some people to perpetuate the myths about Allen than admit that they were wrong.

What I find interesting, is that some of these people, like Skip, have, on occasion, admitted to being wrong about views they have held of other players. However, they just seem to have a more difficult time doing so with Allen. 

I also think people like Skip are in the minority now

As posted tho, Diggs doesn't get enough credit.  He made some incredible catches, that we haven't seen since the days of Lofton and Reed.  With Brown as #1 and Just a Guy in the #2 spot does Josh have the same success?  Just throwing it out there.

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Well when you consider Alex Smith went from not playing football due to being injured so badly to being starter maybe some close competition.

Alex got the comeback player of the year award from PFWA.

I feel like they honestly should rename the Comeback Player of the Year Award the Alex Smith Award. I was watching 60 Minutes the other week, and they did a deep-dive on Smith's gruesome injury, the long rehab and recovery. My wife is a Doctor of Physical Therapy. She kept cursing over the injury itself, first, and then how impossible his recovery was. 

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, TUBSTER said:

i’ve rarely seen more ridiculous hot takes in one segment than Reanimated Krauthammer in that one. Among his top-10:

- Allen is only good because of Diggs.

- Baker is a better leader.

- Baker is more accurate THIS YEAR

- Wouldn’t pick Bills vs KC even if Mahoney is out.

- I know Allen has a big arm... but did you see the absolute lasers Mayfield threw?

• Haha (+1) 2

For the last 3 months, this Bills team has made my day to day very interesting and makes me wake up in the morning. It's something I need to cope with the hardcore struggles of my current life especially in this pandemic and sh*tty economy. Sometimes, I'm not motivated to get up.

Josh Allen's rise to Superstardom in his 3rd year is unprecedented. No one else, at the QB position, exploded like this.

I have only seen this once before, but in another sport: The Chicago Bulls with Derrick Rose.

This is compelling stuff. I'm thankful to witness this with the rest of you here. Josh Allen truly earned this. I should start calling him, "Josh Alien" because he's not from this planet.

"Most Improved" is understating what we're seeing in front of us.

He's definitely the team's MVP this year. In only his 3rd year, he racked up the best season by any Bills QB. He really outclassed them.

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

i’ve rarely seen more ridiculous hot takes in one segment than Reanimated Krauthammer in that one. Among his top-10:

- Allen is only good because of Diggs.

- Baker is a better leader.

- Baker is more accurate THIS YEAR

- Wouldn’t pick Bills vs KC even if Mahoney is out.

- I know Allen has a big arm... but did you see the absolute lasers Mayfield threw?

Haha is for "reanimated Krauthammer". Funny but w a whisper of cruelty. Nice. And I actually liked the guy.

C'mon man, no other likes. Isn't anyone getting this stuff?

• Thank you (+1) 1