"Some in the league think Josh Allen has caught Patrick Mahomes", per PFT

Logic

In general, pundits and fans have to stop talking like QB's play each other. They ALWAYS did that w/ Brady and Manning.  Especially early in Manning's career, when the Pats owned him - it was always "Look how much cooler Brady is in the game - the bright lights get to Manning more."

Well, Brady never had to face a BB designed defense year after year, and figure that out.  

And it was the same w/ Mahomes & Allen 2 weeks ago. It was literally some sort of consensus that Mahomes had some sort of "mental" edge, and handled pressure better. What pressure?  We hardly touched him.  Meanwhile, Allen had guys in his face all day.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Success said:

In general, pundits and fans have to stop talking like QB's play each other. They ALWAYS did that w/ Brady and Manning.  Especially early in Manning's career, when the Pats owned him - it was always "Look how much cooler Brady is in the game - the bright lights get to Manning more."

Well, Brady never had to face a BB designed defense year after year, and figure that out.  

And it was the same w/ Mahomes & Allen 2 weeks ago. It was literally some sort of consensus that Mahomes had some sort of "mental" edge, and handled pressure better. What pressure?  We hardly touched him.  Meanwhile, Allen had guys in his face all day.

Yup, and when he faced the kind of pressure Allen faced, we saw Sugar Rush Pat

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

This is off topic, but my most anticipated non-Bills game of next season is Buccaneers at Patriots. Belichick vs Brady will be a fun one. Brady will have the opportunity to say he beat every team in the NFL throughout his career, I'm not sure who else can say that. Maybe Favre? Wouldn't surprise me if Pats fans at the game cheer him on too.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is off topic, but my most anticipated non-Bills game of next season is Buccaneers at Patriots. Belichick vs Brady will be a fun one. Brady will have the opportunity to say he beat every team in the NFL throughout his career, I'm not sure who else can say that. Maybe Favre? Wouldn't surprise me if Pats fans at the game cheer him on too.

Brees, Manning and Farve have beaten all 32 teams. Tarkenton and Montana beat all the teams that existed during their careers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Allen had back to back playoff games where did he didn't play good (Bal & KC). 

Let me know when that happens to Mahomes then we can have a discussion. 

Well first, I was using your exact same comparison...now since you look really silly you're moving the metric lol.

Plus I don't you're capable of a discussion after that QB list you created of who you would trade Allen for straight up.

Mayfield and Stafford lol!

Edited by Royale with Cheese

15 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

How often have you actually watched Stafford play?

He has an incredible arm and is one of the best passing QB's in the league.

The only reason he doesn't win more is because the Lions are one of the worst run teams in the NFL.  I'm sure he'll have much more success with the Rams. 

Sounds like Allen... lol

15 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

How often have you actually watched Stafford play?

He has an incredible arm and is one of the best passing QB's in the league.

The only reason he doesn't win more is because the Lions are one of the worst run teams in the NFL.  I'm sure he'll have much more success with the Rams. 

I've watched Stafford play since his UGA days.  

You know who else has an incredible arm and a great passing QB?  How about Josh Allen who was statistically at the top of every passing stat?

So in your world, you would trade a 24 year old QB who finished 2nd in MVP voting for a 33 year old QB who has been pretty good the last few years?  

Repeat that in your head and let me know if that makes sense at all.

I guess Baker Mayfield isn't a part of this discussion anymore.  

Bringing up Stafford was just silly, bringing up Mayfield was bizarre .

7 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Sounds like Allen... lol

He literally said he would trade Baker Mayfield and Matt Stafford STRAIGHT UP for Josh Allen.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've watched Stafford play since his UGA days.  

You know who else has an incredible arm and a great passing QB?  How about Josh Allen who was statistically at the top of every passing stat?

So in your world, you would trade a 24 year old QB who finished 2nd in MVP voting for a 33 year old QB who has been pretty good the last few years?  

Repeat that in your head and let me know if that makes sense at all.

I guess Baker Mayfield isn't a part of this discussion anymore.  

Bringing up Stafford was just silly, bringing up Mayfield was bizarre .

He literally said he would trade Baker Mayfield and Matt Stafford STRAIGHT UP for Josh Allen.

Don't feed the moron.

I just posted this on another thread but it fits here to.  I ran the numbers for Mahomes and Allen during this seasons playoff runs and they're interesting:

QB playoff stats:

Josh Allen

Passing:  77 - 120 - 817 yards - 5 TD's - 1 INT - 64% completion

Rushing:  25 - 145 - 1 TD

Total Yards = 962

Total TD's = 6

Total TO's = 1

Playoff Record = 2 - 1

Patric Mahomes

Passing:  76 - 1117 - 850 yards - 4 TD's - 2 INT - 65% completion

Rushing:  13 - 52 yards - 1 TD

Total Yards = 902

Total TD's = 5

Total TO's = 2

Playoff Record = 2 - 1

Seems to me this answers the question of this thread, no?  Or am I missing something in posting these stats?  Is it to simplistic?

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I just posted this on another thread but it fits here to.  I ran the numbers for Mahomes and Allen during this seasons playoff runs and they're interesting:

QB playoff stats:

Josh Allen

Total Yards = 962

Total TD's = 6

Total TO's = 1

Playoff Record = 2 - 1

Patric Mahomes

Total Yards = 902

Total TD's = 5

Total TO's = 2

Playoff Record = 2 - 1

Seems to me this answers the question of this thread, no?  Or am I missing something in posting these stats?  Is it to simplistic?

Let's post a complete career statistic not just one year. Who has a super bowl ring? Allen had a great year. Can't take that away from him. I hope he gets better and becomes the undisputed best QB in the league!. However, let's pause the brakes a little. Many QBs have had good or great stretches and haven't panned out. Kap, Cousins, RG3, Wentz, Cam, Jimmy G,  etc... Allen wasn't exactly great in any of this year's playoff games. That is somewhat worrisome. I'm thrilled for the future but I'm not ready to pronounce him as a savior. Mahomes has the ring to flaunt it. He has already earned his title as a franchise QB. Allen still has to proceed and progress  forward imho.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Well aren’t you fun!

Just speaking the the truth sir. No offense intended 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

QB playoff stats:

Josh Allen

Total Yards = 962

Total TD's = 6

Total TO's = 1

Playoff Record = 2 - 1

Patric Mahomes

Total Yards = 902

Total TD's = 5

Total TO's = 2

Playoff Record = 2 - 1

Mahomes had 1 drive for a TD in his 2 playoff games that weren't against the Bills Including the Bills 6 total.  

2 wins. 

Allen had 4 vs 2 elite (Ravens/Colts) defenses and 5 total.  It's 6 but I won't count the TD off the fumbled punt vs KC.

2 wins.  

Whether or not anyone wants to say he's caught Mahomes really doesn't matter.  The fact that he's in the conversation as one of the best QBs in the league is just fine with me.   

By the way worth noting the Packers were missing their starting LT vs the Bucs as well.  Didn't bother Rodgers too much.  I think that just speaks to the crisis the Chiefs are going to have at oline going in to the off season and it is a crisis.  Even the Browns beat them up.  

What issues we have on the Dline is what the Chiefs are dealing with on the Oline.  I mean is Fisher even going to be ready before November?  Bosa and the Chargers are going to give them all they can handle.  

Dear God please don't let that clown franchise trade Watson to the AFC East. 

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Let's post a complete career statistic not just one year. Who has a super bowl ring? Allen had a great year. Can't take that away from him. I hope he gets better and becomes the undisputed best QB in the league!. However, let's pause the brakes a little. Many QBs have had good or great stretches and haven't panned out. Kap, Cousins, RG3, Wentz, Cam, Jimmy G,  etc... Allen wasn't exactly great in any of this year's playoff games. That is somewhat worrisome. I'm thrilled for the future but I'm not ready to pronounce him as a savior. Mahomes has the ring to flaunt it. He has already earned his title as a franchise QB. Allen still has to proceed and progress  forward imho.

Just speaking the the truth sir. No offense intended 

Allen won POW in the WC Round, singehandedly winning us that game.  

The narrative spun because he had one fumble, late in the game, is so...soooo tiresome.  

He was "great" in that game.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen won POW in the WC Round, singehandedly winning us that game.  

The narrative spun because he had one fumble, late in the game, is so...soooo tiresome.  

He was "great" in that game.

So too is not considering the effect of the wind in the Ravens game.  Again when you see Tucker miss 2 usually-automatic FGs...

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1