"Some in the league think Josh Allen has caught Patrick Mahomes", per PFT

Logic

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Allen wants to take his game to the next level he needs to make faster decisions against pressure. There's a point where the 10 yard sacks are happening too frequently for the offense to stay on schedule. That is the last piece of hero ball he needs to get out of his system. The problem is tonight he had to play hero ball because no one around him stepped up.

yep.  esp.  the last part.  the Kc D just teed off on our passing game because we have no running game.   and the OL was a disaater.  

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Allen was running for his life for most of the game.

OL was a disaster.  Nice of them to back Allen up at the end, but how about blocking those guys to begin with. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Actually, @ScottLaw is right about Allen tonight. He should have had three picks, and my god — the constant 15-20 yard sacks. That is *always* bad quarterbacking, and their frequency (especially in the postseason) makes this officially a problem. Having said this, aAllen is elite and a franchise qb. I look forward to watching him for a long time to come.

Yep.  They gotta fix it. 

Mahomes could end up the GOAT.

If he wins vs Brady in 2 weeks he has 2 rings by age 26 and a winning record vs Brady head to head.

He'll also have the stats. Passing records will all fall. Don't forget the league wants to add a 17th game. 

Eventually the salary cap will catch up with KC

Edited by TheFunPolice

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I agree. Dude is great. I love him as a QB. He’s no Mahomes. It’s not even close. Mahomes is on another level. Guy is calm, cool, collected. Allen looked tight and nervous for the first quarter and a half. Chiefs went down 9 and Mahomes didn’t flinch.

Hopefully he learns to get there with experience. 

Unfortunately, we are now going to hear a LOT of trite bull crap like Josh "needs to learn how to win the big games" and this sort of thing.

He needs to improve his quarterbacking. 

He has had the huge sack problem since the very beginning, and yet it still resurfaced again tonight, in his most recent game.  That is disheartening.

It's his move of turning and running straight back, away from the line of scrimmage, toward his own end zone.  He tries to do too much with a defensive player draped all over him and ends up taking a 20 yard sack.

It's like his notion of what is a "dangerous" amount of pressure is out of whack.  He doesn't get that the play is a total disaster early enough.

We have seen him, on occasion, NOT to do this and he will quickly throw the ball away, clearly showing he has learned the lesson.  

So the fact that he sometimes remembers and some times does not again is disheartening.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I agree. Dude is great. I love him as a QB. He’s no Mahomes. It’s not even close. Mahomes is on another level. Guy is calm, cool, collected. Allen looked tight and nervous for the first quarter and a half. Chiefs went down 9 and Mahomes didn’t flinch.

If you punch the Rat in the face, he will no longer be calm, cool, and collected. That didn’t happen...again.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Allen wants to take his game to the next level he needs to make faster decisions against pressure. There's a point where the 10 yard sacks are happening too frequently for the offense to stay on schedule. That is the last piece of hero ball he needs to get out of his system. The problem is tonight he had to play hero ball because no one around him stepped up.

Not one player stepped up. Our WRs suddenly couldn't beat man, the OL was a hot mess and Singletary should be left in KC

35 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude Allen sucked tonight. Regardless of who was and wasn’t open. He sucked. 

He had at least 5-6 different guys drop balls, his OLine played its worst game of the year and Daboll got his ass handed to him by Spagnuolo.

The boy had zero help out there.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Unfortunately, we are now going to hear a LOT of trite bull crap like Josh "needs to learn how to win the big games" and this sort of thing.

He has had the huge sack problem since the very beginning, and yet it still resurfaced again tonight, in his most recent game.  That is disheartening.

It's his move of turning and running straight back, away from the line of scrimmage, toward his own end zone.  He tries to do too much with a defensive player draped all over him and ends up taking a 20 yard sack.

It's like his notion of what is a "dangerous" amount of pressure is out of whack.  He doesn't get that the play is a total disaster early enough.

We have seen him, on occasion, NOT to do this and he will quickly throw the ball away, clearly showing he has learned the lesson.  

So the fact that he sometimes remembers and some times does not again is disheartening.

The problem is his blocking. I get no one like those big sacks but I'm not clear on what Josh is supposed to do once he's wrapped up? Throw it away? That's a grounding call.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

He had at least 5-6 different guys drop balls, his OLine played its worst game of the year and Daboll got his ass handed to him by Spagnola.

The boy had zero help out there.

The fact that others around him also had a bad game doesn't improve the quality of his own.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Not many people wind up in the situation Mahomes is in either remember Andy Reid Kevin Kolb into a starting  QB

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The problem is his blocking. I get no one like those big sacks but I'm not clear on what Josh is supposed to do once he's wrapped up? Throw it away? That's a grounding call.

Intentional grounding is much better than running backwards for 35 yards. He needs to get plant his butt on the ground

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm gonna go back a ways here - reminds me of what we saw in Super Bowl XXIII. 49ers with Montana, Bengals with Boomer. Bengals had defeated the Bills in the AFC Championship. Boomer was the MVP. On paper they were the more dominant team.

And then Boomer looked like a deer caught in the headlights while Montana was ... Montana. Oh, the Bengals made a run and made it look respectable, but anyone who watched that game had to admit it: Montana was one of the very best to ever play the game. Boomer was a talented guy with some excellent offensive talent around him and an innovative offensive scheme.

The Bills did what they were supposed to do this year, moving up another level or two. And Allen may certainly perform better if and when he gets there again. But sometimes you never do get there again. Boomer never did.

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

Intentional grounding is much better than running backwards for 35 yards. He needs to get plant his butt on the ground

That's the competitor in him fighting to the end.  He still needs to learn to take his checkdowns more.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm gonna go back a ways here - reminds me of what we saw in Super Bowl XXIII. 49ers with Montana, Bengals with Boomer. Bengals had defeated the Bills in the AFC Championship. Boomer was the MVP. On paper they were the more dominant team.

And then Boomer looked like a deer caught in the headlights while Montana was ... Montana. Oh, the Bengals made a run and made it look respectable, but anyone who watched that game had to admit it: Montana was one of the very best to ever play the game. Boomer was a talented guy with some excellent offensive talent around him and an innovative offensive scheme.

The Bills did what they were supposed to do this year, moving up another level or two. And Allen may certainly perform better if and when he gets there again. But sometimes you never do get there again. Boomer never did.

I hope you're wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's the competitor in him fighting to the end.  He needs to learn to take his checkdowns more.

I hope you're wrong.

On that we agree 100%. My hope is we're more like the Bills that lost the AFC Championship game to the Bengals. We were on the way up.

Edited by The Frankish Reich