VCR alert: KC Chiefs @Buffalo Bills 1993 AFC Championship

Buftex

10 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I'll have to borrow that sometime lol

ALF, followed by the world premiere of RUN DMC ‘It’s Tricky’ video.  

Bet I still have that tape somewhere at my dad’s house lol

• Haha (+1) 1

I was at that game, and what I will always remember is how the fans stayed for some 15-20 minutes (maybe longer?) after the game cheering and hollering to acknowledge what an incredible feat it was for the Bills to make it to their fourth straight Super Bowl appearance.  What an incredible atmosphere it was! 

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

If anyone is interested:

The NFL Network will air the 1993 AFC Championship game between the Chiefs and Bills, today (Friday- 1/22) at 3pm eastern.  

Not only is it the last AFC Championship game the Bills were in, it was one of Thurman Thomas' finest games.

Some good time-killing content, before Sunday!

Also, the excellent "Four Falls of Buffalo" will air at 1am (Saturday 1/24).  

I think the 4 Falls Doc will be much easier to watch when the Bills win the SB in a couple of weeks! Until then, its like a dagger to the heart watching that film and refreshing those painful memories!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

I think the 4 Falls Doc will be much easier to watch when the Bills win the SB in a couple of weeks! Until then, its like a dagger to the heart watching that film and refreshing those painful memories!

I probably wouldn't want to watch it right now...but when it originally aired, I thought it just recaptured that whole magical 4 year run (really a 6 year run for me) beautifully.  I got over the fact that they didn't win any SB's a long time ago. It was just an amazing time to be a Bills fan.  This season is much the same...and it just came out of "nowhere" in some ways. I knew we had a good team to cheer on...but they have far exceeded my hopes and expectations. 

5 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Very first thing I ever taped on a VCR? An episode of ALF.

True story 😂 

For me it was the old music show "Night Flight", and then episodes of David Letterman's original daytime show. 

My family had the first VCR of anyone that we knew...I was the only one in my family (8 kids, 2 parents= 10) who could figure out how to program it to record.  I remember my father setting his alarm to get up at all odd times of the night to get up and press "record" when a movie he wanted to watch would come on.  Then he would just stumble back to bed. I tried showing him...and my siblings.  They just didn't get it...it was my super-power for a year or two!

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Man the shoulder pads were so big back then 

Yes they were.  It amazes me how small they are now.

The video is great, the crowd amazing.

Alas we have to listen to Trumpy..ugh.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bills92 said:

Hate to be this 'guy'.. but it wasn't Montana's last game.. He played one more season, and actually played the Bills one more time.. and again.. we laid the wood to him and the Chiefs....  44-10.. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410300buf.htm

For some reason this is a huge misconception in Bills folklore, I actually thought that was the case too until it was brought up recently on WGR

Just turned it on to see Bill Brooks and Kenny Davis both score TD's, only to both be ruled down at the 1 inch line. Instead of going up 14, they bring Christie in to make it a 10 point lead. Both of those plays would have ben over turned as TD's today. 

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

I probably wouldn't want to watch it right now...but when it originally aired, I thought it just recaptured that whole magical 4 year run (really a 6 year run for me) beautifully.  I got over the fact that they didn't win any SB's a long time ago. It was just an amazing time to be a Bills fan.  This season is much the same...and it just came out of "nowhere" in some ways. I knew we had a good team to cheer on...but they have far exceeded my hopes and expectations. 

I made the mistake of watching it the night before the Colts Wild Card game. The whole thing builds the pressure up so much that you feel like there's nothing we could ever do to win it all. 

• Like (+1) 1