VCR alert: KC Chiefs @Buffalo Bills 1993 AFC Championship

Buftex

If anyone is interested:

The NFL Network will air the 1993 AFC Championship game between the Chiefs and Bills, today (Friday- 1/22) at 3pm eastern.  

Not only is it the last AFC Championship game the Bills were in, it was one of Thurman Thomas' finest games.

Some good time-killing content, before Sunday!

Also, the excellent "Four Falls of Buffalo" will air at 1am (Saturday 1/24).  

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BillsFan8083 said:

Thank you!  VCR has been programmed.  Will have to tape over my old ALF episodes, but oh well...you win some, you lose some.

Very first thing I ever taped on a VCR? An episode of ALF.

True story 😂 

• Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Buftex said:

If anyone is interested:

The NFL Network will air the 1993 AFC Championship game between the Chiefs and Bills, today (Friday- 1/22) at 3pm eastern.  

Not only is it the last AFC Championship game the Bills were in, it also was the final game of Joe Montana's career...and one of Thurman Thomas' finest games.

4 Falls.... what? 🤨who gives a... we are rising NOW is a new dawn, is a new day ... and I´m feeling ... goooood (in Nina´s voice)🤗

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bills92 said:

Hate to be this 'guy'.. but it wasn't Montana's last game.. He played one more season, and actually played the Bills one more time.. and again.. we laid the wood to him and the Chiefs....  44-10.. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410300buf.htm

My mistake.  I heard it referred to, on the radio, as Montana's last game, and assumed it was true.  But you are correct.

18 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

4 Falls.... what? 🤨who gives a... we are rising NOW is a new dawn, is a new day ... and I´m feeling ... goooood (in Nina´s voice)🤗

Yeah, I understand, everyone is not fond of reminiscing.  That is legit.  But I am always a sentimental old fool, when it comes to the Bills. It is all one long story.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's see, 3pm Eastern Standard Time equates to about 9pm here....

Oh who am I kidding? My VCR just blinks 00:00, like I'm going to figure how to set the timer right anyway.

I'll just put my tape deck next to the TV speaker and record the audio.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I would alert my VCR but my wife threw it away in 1989.

Why, because the picture sucks

The cool thing about VCRs is you can record whatever you want and retain a hard copy of it forever.

OK, so the picture quality isn't the best, but for certain things that doesn't matter.

Back in 1991 when Desert Storm started, I threw a blank video tape in the VCR and recorded the various networks and CNN for all 6 hours....then did it again for Tapes 2 and 3 over a week or 2 period.  

I still have all 3 of them in my library and those things are like a golden treasure of history now, at least IMO.

It helps if you have an interest in history and in particular, military history.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

If anyone is interested:

Not only is it the last AFC Championship game the Bills were in, it was one of Thurman Thomas' finest games.

Thanks.

NFL Network is also playing Bills vs. Chiefs from earlier this year at 3:00pm on Sunday.

They are also re-playing the Bills vs. Ravens playoff game Sunday at 2:00am (i.e., late at night Saturday night).