Wall Street Journal article on Diggs (and Allen)

bigK14094

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

I can open the link, but I have to subscribe to read it.

The beginning does not entice me to do so: "Stefon Diggs Made a Miracle. Then He Made Josh Allen a Star."

Um, No.  You could say they improved each other, made each other stars - whatever.  But Josh Allen made himself a star.

"The Buffalo Bills needed to stretch the field, so they paid a huge price for a receiver who excels at just that."  

Again, Um, No.  Diggs CAN stretch the field.  But that isn't why we got him.  That's just a lazy reporter looking at his 17.1 ypr in Minn last year where that was how he was used, and missing the point of what he's done this year.

Not gonna pay to read more o' that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

So basically it said Diggs was a jerk and Allen was worse than JP Losman. Oh yeah, and Buffalo sucked bad. 

I saw Allen getting better each year from start to finish. I have a feeling they didn't show KC much in the first meeting.

The players should read this article and then thrash KC. JMO

This is a perfect example of what we've seen for the last 2 decades from a lot of the national media, basically no clue whatsover when it comes to the details of our small market team.

Wait until we get 2 weeks of superbowl coverage they're going to go way back to how Buffalo is a dying, rust belt town where everyone works at Bethlehem Steel, probably a few quotes from Russ Brandon our GM, Jake Allen our QB, and a bunch of stuff on how Roger Goodell feels like we need a new stadium to COMPETE with the other teams.

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Great article.  All sport's writers need to read this and see how it should be done.

Being a  business oriented paper, the WSJ has  few if any sports articles, but occasionally they have something.  The writers are not usually sports guys as a profession when they do this....more business perspective than many. 

This quote should give you an idea of the quality of the article...

There was a growing sense that the Bills, who made the playoffs at 10-6 that year, were good not because of Allen—but in spite of him. 

6 hours ago, TPS said:

This quote should give you an idea of the quality of the article...

In 2019 Josh was objectively good among his NFL peers in the 4th quarter,  RZ possessions, 3rd and 8+, intermediate throws 10-20 and on the road.  Those are game situations where QB play really matters to wins and losses and while there may have been a  "growing sense" of good "in spite of" him, that does not mean it was an accurate take on what was really going on.  I would respect any outside opinion that took that view of his 2019 season.