Chris Berman on Dan Patrick - how he became Bills fan

19 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Cool story about how he felt accepted by the fans and the team as one of us

Cheers for sharing this.

That really felt like a heartfelt explanation on why he became and is a Bills fan.  It's also a healthy reminder for us all to stay humble in our newfound success.

Let's got Buffalo!!!

• Like (+1) 7

Met him & Tommy at a ProAm at TPC. He asked who my team was. Puffed up my chest and said ‘the BUFFalo BILLS!’ He immediately responded with a throaty reply “NOBODY! Circles the wagons.. like the BUFFALO BILLS!” 

An awesome moment for me.🥰

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 21

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Met him & Tommy at a ProAm at TPC. He asked who my team was. Puffed up my chest and said ‘the BUFFalo BILLS!’ He immediately responded with a throaty reply “NOBODY! Circles the wagons.. like the BUFFALO BILLS!” 

I used to live near the golf course they used to play the Jimmy V celeb golf tournament and used to go every year. Berman was always there.  I'd always yell Go Bills! And his face would light up Go Bills.  I have a picture somewhere with him and my kids when they were like months old (22 yrs ago lol) - super nice, genuine guy in person

• Awesome! (+1) 2

He was it.  Maybe some of the younger guys here don't realize that he was THE face and voice of the NFL in the 1990s.  He hosted NFL Game Day on Sunday Morning then NFL Primetime on Sunday night; they were THE shows you watched.   There was no internet.  There was no checkiing your phone for highlights.  You waited until it came on your TV set and his face and voice and personality were what you got.  ESPN.  And the fact that he was an obvious Bills fan was so cool.  He was sort of like Kyle Brandt; but more popular, because there just weren't any other shows.....and he was proud of his Bills fandom....

Edited by Irish Dave
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

He got a very warm welcome at the stadium a few years ago when the Bills hosted Monday Night Football.(It was against the Pats :(   )

That was a night I will never forget.......I hit a deer on the way home :(

Edited by JMF2006
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Venison steaks?

More like hamburger it happened near Bowen Rd in Fort Erie.

At least I was on the right side of the bridge/border ;)

Edited by JMF2006
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

My favorite Berman call of all time was on Kelso's pick 6:  "KELSO at the 40, KELSO at the 30, KELSO at the 20...."

KELSO AT THE QUATER POLE!

He was referencing a great racehorse from years ago named Kelso.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Our family was traveling home from a vacation on West Coast mid-2000s and caught him and Tommy Jackson at a gate at a connecting airport (DEN).  I pointed them out to my girls and we approached them - I had a Bills pullover on.  We got the same quote from Boomer and he and TJ were very gracious with my 2 daughters.  Both are young women today and they still remember that day!

• Awesome! (+1) 1