Justin Zimmer...unsung defensive hero?

umangatan

How underrated is Justin Zimmer? From the peanut punch against Newton to being down in the endzone with Tre  and Taron to being a disruptive force against the Ravens run d, this guy does it all. Another diamond in the rough find by our GM of the year? What do you think?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I think he’s a jag. Just shows how weak our d-line is this year.

I'd put him a level above that. Certainly not a star or a guy likely to make the big bucks, but a guy who's performed pretty solidly at his role. It's not always so easy to find one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I think he’s a jag. Just shows how weak our d-line is this year.

But the “peanut punch” ( never heard this expression in the Southern Hemisphere before BTW) and the running down the field with Taron??

What more could you want from a DT? 

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'd put him a level above that. Certainly not a star or a guy likely to make the big bucks, but a guy who's performed pretty solidly at his role. It's not always so easy to find one.

Not that it means anything, but Madden has Zimmer rated the second best pass rushing DT on the team behind Ed Oliver. 

5 hours ago, umangatan said:

How underrated is Justin Zimmer? From the peanut punch against Newton to being down in the endzone with Tre  and Taron to being a disruptive force against the Ravens run d, this guy does it all. Another diamond in the rough find by our GM of the year? What do you think?

eh i mean he’s been okay. Not sure he’s underrated. For a guy that averaged around 30% of defensive snaps this season (a depth guy) he’s been more than expected I suppose. 

Unsung hero? Lol no man what are you watching?

He is one of my new favorites :)

I watch for 61 to see if he is out there.

Kind of like the Bills new   Meatball Junior.

I loved #95 and wish he was on the team to enjoy this :)

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

He’s like a poor mans Kyle Williams. 

he may not have the leadership skills or talent of meatball, but he does have a similar never-give-up motor

I posted mine before I read all the responses...I call him Meatball Jr...my GF just laughs she knows #95 is one of my all time Faves :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1