Biden's lies

Wacka

9 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Why does this good American president and decent man lie so much? I guess it’s tough to break a 50+ year habit. 

There are many reasons to dislike Biden, and to recognize the corruption that exists within his circle.   Seems to me he was deceitful on the fact pattern associated with the accident that killed his wife and young child decades ago, so like many politicians he leverages to his benefit.  

Still, I’m hard-pressed to see this perpetual miscue as anything beyond an old man who started a story and somewhere along the line got his facts turned around.  I can see him stitching the connection between burn pits, service and the ensuing cancer, but that’s pretty clearly not the narrative in his head these days.  It’s really sad, you’d think his son would be embarrassed beyond belief to be compared to soldiers killed in action in that nightmare. 

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

There are many reasons to dislike Biden, and to recognize the corruption that exists within his circle.   Seems to me he was deceitful on the fact pattern associated with the accident that killed his wife and young child decades ago, so like many politicians he leverages to his benefit.  

Still, I’m hard-pressed to see this perpetual miscue as anything beyond an old man who started a story and somewhere along the line got his facts turned around.  I can see him stitching the connection between burn pits, service and the ensuing cancer, but that’s pretty clearly not the narrative in his head these days.  It’s really sad, you’d think his son would be embarrassed beyond belief to be compared to soldiers killed in action in that nightmare. 

at his age, that might be the story he remembers to keep his sanity.  who knows.

Talk to/read about life criminals. they always have a story that involves them being the victim. that doesn't match reality.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/23/2023 at 5:47 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Still, I’m hard-pressed to see this perpetual miscue as anything beyond an old man who started a story and somewhere along the line got his facts turned around.  I can see him stitching the connection between burn pits, service and the ensuing cancer, but that’s pretty clearly not the narrative in his head these days

I agree. This one is just weird. He's convinced himself that Iraq burn pits caused his son's death, so much so that he states it like Bible truth. A combination of old age and heartbreak.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree. This one is just weird. He's convinced himself that Iraq burn pits caused his son's death, so much so that he states it like Bible truth. A combination of old age and heartbreak.

Frank, I'm attempting to be as compassionate as I can here, but it sounds to me like you're giving him a pass to a certain extent. 

His comments on his son reflect dementia and a rapidly aging brain.  It's not that he convinced himself of anything per se, it's that somewhere along the line his brain jumped the track from "My son died in a hospital in Delaware several years after exposure to burn pits in Iraq" to "My son was killed in Iraq.".    That's normal only in the sense that it happens when people suffer from cognitive decline.  It's sad when it happens to a neighbor or family member, but Joe Biden is neither of those in this case.  

If intentional, or his inability to accept the difference--It's a lie, it's disgraceful to the memory of soldiers who actually died in Iraq (and to the families they left behind), and while I think Biden himself is just another establishment politician enriching himself and his inner circle by trading in corruption and power, I can't imagine him deliberately dishonoring the memory of his son with this absurd posturing.   

The bigger problem is those who run cover for him.  

"It's long past time for Joe Biden to retire."

-Father Time, 2019

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Throwing a challenge flag on dementia “no”. It can show itself in emotional instability and rants as well. 

And it's not like Trump is in his prime. Remember:

- Maybe we can put the light inside you to kill the COVID virus

- Identifying his accuser as his ex-wife, Marla, when shown a photo in his deposition

- Saying things as absolutely delusional as "Beau died in Iraq" like this:

COLLINS: Well, we wanted to give you a chance to acknowledge the results.

TRUMP: We have elections that were horrible.

If you look at what happened in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, if you look at what happened in Detroit, Michigan, if you look at what happened in Atlanta, millions of votes, and all you have to do is take a look at government cameras. You will see them, people going to 28 different voting booths to vote, to put in seven ballots apiece. I mean, and they’re all on camera.

There is absolutely no support for this "people going to 28 different voting booths to vote" thing. It is a figment of his imagination. People tend to give Trump too much credit here: "he's lying, because if you repeat a lie enough times, people will believe it." Or my favorite excuse: it might not be literally true (there is no government camera video of someone visiting 28 different voting booths), but it is true in a general sense that some people probably voted multiple times. This is the old line "take him seriously but not literally." Or it could be that America's King Lear really has lost it, and really has convinced himself that he's seen video showing someone go to 28 different polling stations and submitted 7 ballots at each one.

You could apply those excuses to Biden too - there's probably a lot of Democratic voters who think Beau died in Iraq because he's said it, with such apparent emotion, so many times. Both senile? Both cunning liars? Both ... both of the above?

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

- Identifying his accuser as his ex-wife, Marla, when shown a photo in his deposition

If you look at what happened in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, if you look at what happened in Detroit, Michigan, if you look at what happened in Atlanta, millions of votes, and all you have to do is take a look at government cameras. You will see them, people going to 28 different voting booths to vote, to put in seven ballots apiece. I mean, and they’re all on camera.

There is absolutely no support for this "people going to 28 different voting booths to vote" thing. It is a figment of his imagination. People tend to give Trump too much credit here: "he's lying, because if you repeat a lie enough times, people will believe it." Or my favorite excuse: it might not be literally true (there is no government camera video of someone visiting 28 different voting booths), but it is true in a general sense that some people probably voted multiple times. This is the old line "take him seriously but not literally." Or it could be that America's King Lear really has lost it, and really has convinced himself that he's seen video showing someone go to 28 different polling stations and submitted 7 ballots at each one.

You could apply those excuses to Biden too - there's probably a lot of Democratic voters who think Beau died in Iraq because he's said it, with such apparent emotion, so many times. Both senile? Both cunning liars? Both ... both of the above?

yeah that was the point, and that the trump brand dementia just manifests itself differently. 

Ok… Admitting I’ve watched the apprentice. It was ok tv. Trump back then came across as much much more measured and prudent (for him), definitely less flippant off script remarks. Less repetition of filler words like very to buy time in getting to the next meaningful word. 

You’d think if he was as volatile as he seems inherently to be now it would have shown through more, when the stakes were much lesser. 

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Sure Frank, Trump. Trump, Trump, and more Trump.  None of that explains Biden. 

There  are many, many instances of Biden gaffes and miscues, from calling on dead people, to making up fanciful stories about his education, babbling like an incoherent monkey and making up words, getting confused by a teleprompter —these are reasons the grandparents and great grandparents of todays Biden supporters laughed him out of multiple races in spite of standing for many, many things blue collar supporters of old believed in.  He was viewed as imbecilic back when Dems loved Trump. 

This issue involves where his eldest son died.  He didn’t say Michigan when he meant Delaware, he didn’t call him Hunter by mistake.  He’s thousands of miles, multiple years wrong and made up an entirely different set of circumstances to describe how his son died.  

He’s a liar, but all politicians lie and fabricate.  Trump has nothing to do with Biden’s issues here. 

Ever since Biden took office there are two completely different worlds:

The real one, and the artificial one the Biden White House has created where you are far better off than you were at the start of 2021.

This POTUS tweet bragging about what the Inflation Reduction Act has (or eventually will) bring about is another example of the latter:

Referring to taxpayers as "special interests" is a new low.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/05/26/new-low-spotted-in-potus-brag-about-the-inflation-reduction-act/

Biden bamboozled TV networks into airing a purely political speech

NYPICHPDPICT000012116082.jpg?resize=1024

When a president decides to make an address from the Oval Office, you expect a certain significance. 

A declaration of war. An emotional address about a national tragedy.

Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre nodded to that tradition, saying President Biden decided to make his first major address from there Friday night “because of the gravity of the situation.”

Except there was nothing of substance or seriousness about BIden’s remarks. It was a purely political stunt that insulted the American people’s intelligence. 

“We averted an economic crisis – an economic collapse,” Biden bragged.

Did we? After pushing through three massive irresponsible spending bills, Biden had forced the country to again raise the debt limit.

Republicans successfully held out for some cuts to future expenditures, to prevent Biden’s progressive bureaucrats from going on another drunken bender.

Why did this warrant a national address? It doesn’t! Much like his blood-red Philadelphia fearmongering, Biden bamboozled networks into carrying his stump speech.

{snip}

There was no news made.

No important piece of information shared.

It was a victory lap for something that shouldn’t be celebrated.

An unserious address by an unserious man in serious times. 

We hope television executives are paying attention.

Next time Biden claims he has something important to say, stick with “Wheel of Fortune.” 

https://nypost.com/2023/06/02/biden-bamboozled-tv-networks-into-airing-a-purely-political-speech/