Biden's lies

Wacka

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And there it is! Finally Chi Goose admits to being an all-in Trump hater....as opposed to the outside, unbiased arbitrator of facts, and PPP's own Minister of Truth.  Thanks for clearing it up.  I shall read all of your future posts now thru the lenses of TDS colored glasses. 

I don't dislike the things Trump said and did because Trump said and did them, I dislike them because they were generally bad and/or dumb.

If and when Trump actually does something good, I'll acknowledge it. I think Operation Warpspeed was one of the greatest endeavors in the last several decades and lays a blueprint for how we could address crisis in the future.

At the start of his presidency, I actually turned on Twitter notification for Trump so I would know what he was up to since he personally managed his account (unlike most politicians). That, more than anything, shaped my thoughts about him. His own words. Not CNN or what reporters said he said, but what he was actually saying and tweeting

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

That used to be my argument when friends said they wanted to get rid of the filibuster during the Obama administration. That they would regret it when the GOP took over.

But at this point, we are so polarized, so divided into our "us vs them" two party camps, that there is zero incentive for senators of one party to do anything that might benefit the other. You could propose a bill that 80% of Americans support but you'd get few people from the other side to join you and reaching the 60 vote threshold, even on a popular bill, would be next to impossible.

Congress doesn't actually legislate on anything important any more. There's just no incentive for them to cooperate. But all the American public sees is those bums in Washington not doing anything for the average American.

So do away with the filibuster entirely. It will allow the parties to actually pass meaningful legislation AND it would make it very clear to the American public who is responsible for it.

If the Dems somehow manage to pick up two senate seats in the Fall, they should immediately do away with the filibuster and pass the legislation they believe they were elected to enact. And if they overreach or don't do what the public wants, then the GOP will take over in 2024. And then the GOP can pass what it wants to pass with no obstruction from the Dems. And the voters can judge them on that.

But in the current environment, so long as the filibuster stands, the senate will obstruct meaningful legislation from either party. And the public will blame everyone instead of those doing the obstruction. It's a recipe for nothing getting done and increasing division.

[EDIT] Addendum:

Removing the filibuster may actually create an incentive for bipartisanship. If the minority party knows that the majority party can pass any legislation it wants, then the minority party may be incentivized to be involved in the legislation to help shape it in a manner they find more acceptable. Currently, there is no incentive for this as the minority party can just block the legislation outright.

Ease up on the Fentanyl dude.  That would be like me being assigned Moderator.  What a mess!

Edited by Irv

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Ease up on the Fentanyl dude.  That would be like me being assigned Moderator.  What a mess!

I am not predicting a Dem pickup in the Senate. It's currently a toss up with a slight edge to the GOP. That's why that part starts with the word "if."

How changing the filibuster could impact bipartisanship:

“The intensified political polarization that we have witnessed in the last 20 years, which is reflected in a skyrocketing use of the filibuster, means that the minority class has a real incentive to stick together with no negative consequences,” Sin said. “Senators can avoid a vote by simply sending, now a letter, to the party leader indicating they’re going to filibuster. That paralysis is very damaging when we are in a situation like an economic crisis or a pandemic that needs urgent legislation.”

Sin doesn’t expect that ending the filibuster would mean extreme legislation would be automatically passed because bills would still need to get the majority of the vote, requiring support from moderate senators.

“It will always be that you have a party that goes from the moderate up to the most conservative or the moderate to the very liberal ones, from Joe Manchin to Bernie Sanders,” Sin said.

Frankly, I just don't think this is sustainable or good for the country:

image.thumb.png.d6ed9ca32f8744f38d1697a7e2693462.png

(Source)

16 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I don't dislike the things Trump said and did because Trump said and did them, I dislike them because they were generally bad and/or dumb.

If and when Trump actually does something good, I'll acknowledge it. I think Operation Warpspeed was one of the greatest endeavors in the last several decades and lays a blueprint for how we could address crisis in the future.

At the start of his presidency, I actually turned on Twitter notification for Trump so I would know what he was up to since he personally managed his account (unlike most politicians). That, more than anything, shaped my thoughts about him. His own words. Not CNN or what reporters said he said, but what he was actually saying and tweeting

Good rule for life....NEVER go on twitter.  

The end.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I am not predicting a Dem pickup in the Senate. It's currently a toss up with a slight edge to the GOP. That's why that part starts with the word "if."

How changing the filibuster could impact bipartisanship:

Frankly, I just don't think this is sustainable or good for the country:

image.thumb.png.d6ed9ca32f8744f38d1697a7e2693462.png

(Source)

You've got to be high or been on Mars since January 20, 2021.  Honestly.  Look around.  Go fill up your gas tank.  Go buy groceries.  Or, How about this?   Maybe watch something other than CNN and MSDNC.  Dems are going to get eviscerated.  What a mess!

Edited by Irv

24 minutes ago, Irv said:

You've got to be high or been on Mars since January 20, 2021.  Honestly.  Look around.  Go fill up your gas tank.  Go buy groceries.  Or, How about this?   Maybe watch something other than CNN and MSDNC.  Dems are going to get eviscerated.  What a mess!

I don't watch CNN or MSNBC or any cable news. I fully expect the GOP to win the House and think they'll probably take the Senate too. Polls have been indicating a bloodbath for some time. Some think Roe will change that, but I'm skeptical it will still be driving polls by the Fall and even if it does, it would only mitigate, not reverse, the GOP wins.

23 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I don't watch CNN or MSNBC or any cable news. I fully expect the GOP to win the House and think they'll probably take the Senate too. Polls have been indicating a bloodbath for some time. Some think Roe will change that, but I'm skeptical it will still be driving polls by the Fall and even if it does, it would only mitigate, not reverse, the GOP wins.

What  the ***** does Roe have to do with the GOP?  You understand that Supreme Court Justices are not elected right? This also one of Joke Biden’s desperate ploys to distract from the unmitigated disaster the Dems have caused. What a mess!

Edited by Irv

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

What  the ***** does Roe have to do with the GOP?  You understand that Supreme Court Justices are not elected right? This also one of Joke Biden’s desperate ploys to distract from the unmitigated disaster the Dems have caused. What a mess!

GOP candidates are generally running on abortion bans while Dems are talking about codifying Roe into law.

Is your point that voters do not care about the abortion issue?

• Haha (+1) 1

The dems lost big after Carter. The economy is is as bad or close to when Carter was pres.  Remember Slick's mantra"It's the economy stupid." They have no memory, just like Biden.

Edited by Wacka
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Ignorance runs rampant in congress already. Creating incentives for them to actually *do* something might actually make them take measures to address our problems instead of spending all of their time grandstanding for the cameras.

I do not understand your point about the cities and the electoral college. Even if they did away with the Electoral College (which they won't), that would just mean everyone gets one vote that counts just as much as everyone else's in presidential elections. The top 100 cities in the country only contain 20% of the population, clearly not enough for whatever the scenario you're outlining is.

Part of the reason there was so much hatred from the beginning with Trump is that he's an ####### who acts like a dick and talks absolute nonsense that shows he has little idea about what he's talking about. He was never an outsider savior, he was always a grifting conman.

Also, term limits would be the biggest win for the lobbyists you could ever imagine. If you think the biggest problem right now is that big moneyed insiders don't have enough influence in congress, then term limits is the solution for you.

Ultimately, what we need is serious electoral reform so that we stop electing morons and #######, and if we do, we can hold them accountable and remove them from office.

Well before i speak more on the electoral college i will have to first go do some research on it because what i believe came from my old man & now i'm a old man so it's been a while since i have really understood what it is all about . 

But I will have to disagree with you that Trump was never a outsider he sure as hell isn't wasn't or will ever be a "Career Politician"/DC insider like the num nuts in office now sure Trump was spoiled by his dad growing up but his main thing in life was a real-estate mogul buying & building huge properties not politics .

Which was the one thing that drew people to him he hasn't been sitting in a office in DC for the better part of his life telling lies like the rest of them up there do . 

And he has failed numerous times in his business dealings & came back from them to still be one of the richest men in America unlike any of those in most political positions sure there may be a few in our gov't that have business savvy but most can't balance a check book let alone the deficit .

And the country is exactly where it is in TRILLIONS of dollars of debt only because of those ass hats in DC the only thing We The People do like dum asses is re elect them to the posts they have occupied for some upward of 30+ years to continue to keep all of the US in a debt that can never be paid .

So once again if you would like to go with the track record of these "Career Politicians" god bless you bud but my house is paid for all of my vehicles are paid for Glory to God for it i personally wouldn't let any of those dum asses in DC including the head idiot now in charge any where close to my check book but you on the other hand go for it !! 

Edited by T master
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 2:23 PM, ChiGoose said:

That used to be my argument when friends said they wanted to get rid of the filibuster during the Obama administration. That they would regret it when the GOP took over.

But at this point, we are so polarized, so divided into our "us vs them" two party camps, that there is zero incentive for senators of one party to do anything that might benefit the other. You could propose a bill that 80% of Americans support but you'd get few people from the other side to join you and reaching the 60 vote threshold, even on a popular bill, would be next to impossible.

Congress doesn't actually legislate on anything important any more. There's just no incentive for them to cooperate. But all the American public sees is those bums in Washington not doing anything for the average American.

So do away with the filibuster entirely. It will allow the parties to actually pass meaningful legislation AND it would make it very clear to the American public who is responsible for it.

If the Dems somehow manage to pick up two senate seats in the Fall, they should immediately do away with the filibuster and pass the legislation they believe they were elected to enact. And if they overreach or don't do what the public wants, then the GOP will take over in 2024. And then the GOP can pass what it wants to pass with no obstruction from the Dems. And the voters can judge them on that.

But in the current environment, so long as the filibuster stands, the senate will obstruct meaningful legislation from either party. And the public will blame everyone instead of those doing the obstruction. It's a recipe for nothing getting done and increasing division.

[EDIT] Addendum:

Removing the filibuster may actually create an incentive for bipartisanship. If the minority party knows that the majority party can pass any legislation it wants, then the minority party may be incentivized to be involved in the legislation to help shape it in a manner they find more acceptable. Currently, there is no incentive for this as the minority party can just block the legislation outright.

Sorry, dumb

Never forget that our society is going to collapse under 8-9% inflation, and the looney tunes under your Party's cap wanted to spend ANOTHER $6T to really send us into the Dark Ages.

The Filibuster protects us all against completely stupid Leftists, thank God

1 hour ago, OrangeBills said:

Sorry, dumb

Never forget that our society is going to collapse under 8-9% inflation, and the looney tunes under your Party's cap wanted to spend ANOTHER $6T to really send us into the Dark Ages.

The Filibuster protects us all against completely stupid Leftists, thank God

Last time I checked, the $6T didn’t happen because there wasn’t enough Dems to support it. They couldn’t even get 50 votes. I bet if you put it on the floor of the senate, they wouldn’t have even gotten 40. 

So… how did the filibuster stop it?

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Last time I checked, the $6T didn’t happen because there wasn’t enough Dems to support it. They couldn’t even get 50 votes. I bet if you put it on the floor of the senate, they wouldn’t have even gotten 40. 

So… how did the filibuster stop it?

i believe that was held back by manchin. who was then lambasted by the democrats and media daily. i also remember the harassment of sinema, including as she used the bathroom because she wouldn't go along with the spending program..or was that a different trillion dollar bill they stopped that the dems applied immense pressure for? 

the point isnt what ultimately stopped the spending. it should be the democrats were more then happy to spend trillions more. when every single sign pointed to the country is in very dangerous territory after rep warned that (not) flattening the curve would be a economic disaster. ignored by the same liars who said "transitory" "no concern" " greatest economy ever". then reality struck and now its  "this was UNAVOIDABLE". how could we have known!!!.

so now the question is, how close are we to complete economic collapse and hyperinflation?  how much worse with a few trillion more printed out would it be? it may already be to late. someone should prob find out the answers quickly instead of trusting that NOW the people in charge got it all under control. crazy the gov still has peoples trust. prob cause people are grasping the assumption it can't happen here. can't see that its already begun. so i guess we will all figure out how bad and where this ends in real time. hope you got your toilet paper.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Agree 1