Biden's lies

Wacka

19 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I'm not ignoring it at all.  All the facts point to the truck driver was most likely not drunk.  It's the gossip that clinches it for Snopes to absolve Biden.  

It's a fact that Biden also called the family years later to apologize.  I see no mention of it, but undoubtedly Biden found out the results of the accident investigation.  The facts show the driver made a strong effort to stop.  

Stating that the driver was drunk is lying.  There's utterly no proof that is a true statement and all the available facts tell a different story.   A neutral, reasonably intelligent person of good conscience would not say it.  I think Biden is overall a decent guy and the emotional tragedy biased him.

I'm not here to crucify Biden as I understand where he was coming from, and to his absolute credit, he apologized and stopped saying it.  That's what means the most to me.  

In this right vs left mental diarrhea, the saddest thing is watching one side point fingers at the other while never pointing inwards first.

The man lost his wife and daughter in a crash and you are right, there is no proof that the driver was drunk but Biden clearly believed he was. Folks will go to their grave believing something that cannot be proven or disproven. If it was me and I believed the rumors about the driver, I would probably carry that anger with me for quite some time. I wonder how Trump would have reacted if it was his Ivanka steamrolled by another driver?

First, one should keep in mind that this was 1972... Seat belts? Breathalyzers? Standards for determining DUI's at an accident scene?

Reports from the boots on the ground:

"This raised eyebrows, as it may indicate that Biden lied when he implied that the driver had been drinking. According to Lou Angeli, the fireman at the scene, there was no evidence that establishes or disproves that point.

Angeli said that in regards to intoxication, the driver Curtis C. Dunn was not assessed, and there was no way to determine if he had been drinking at that time since neither of the police officers had breathalyzers on their cop cars.

Angeli asserted that this alleged aspect of the accident was not a lie Biden made up out of whole cloth, and that right or wrong, rumor or belief that drinking had contributed to the crash was prevalent among the community."

Is this tragedy really where Trump supporters want to dig?

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Plebes.....all of you....rules for thee not me and the privileged elite.

I talked with @oldmanfan about this sort of things a couple months ago.  My contention is and has been that for all the (often conflicting) science on COVID, the one consistent thing we see is abject inconsistency from the people we are supposed to trust to guide us forward during this miserable lock down. 

This was a chance for Biden Inc to show the way and to practice what he's been preaching.  His handlers should have been shouting from a megaphone that this was a chance to lead, to show the way, and to inform all Americans that no stage was too big to ignore sensible COVID restrictions.  After all--millions of people think some of the scientists are full of it, and millions more know with more or less certainty that politicians are most definitely full of it.

Add to this...the 2000 attendees.  Add to this lock down govs joining the celebration while scolding those who dare to want to visit Grandma for Thanksgiving. 

Instead, we discover that the virus is nothing to be concerned with if you're having a bad-assed shindig and your Pops is prez.  The appearance of impropriety is stunning, and the press secretary arrogance makes it that much worse. 

This was day one. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I talked with @oldmanfan about this sort of things a couple months ago.  My contention is and has been that for all the (often conflicting) science on COVID, the one consistent thing we see is abject inconsistency from the people we are supposed to trust to guide us forward during this miserable lock down. 

This was a chance for Biden Inc to show the way and to practice what he's been preaching.  His handlers should have been shouting from a megaphone that this was a chance to lead, to show the way, and to inform all Americans that no stage was too big to ignore sensible COVID restrictions.  After all--millions of people think some of the scientists are full of it, and millions more know with more or less certainty that politicians are most definitely full of it.

Add to this...the 2000 attendees.  Add to this lock down govs joining the celebration while scolding those who dare to want to visit Grandma for Thanksgiving. 

Instead, we discover that the virus is nothing to be concerned with if you're having a bad-assed shindig and your Pops is prez.  The appearance of impropriety is stunning, and the press secretary arrogance makes it that much worse. 

This was day one. 

A masked seated crowd. Plenty of space between groups.

I did not see anything that resembled the maskless stupidity of a Trump MAGA event.

Another false equivalence. Your idiot lost, you should move on.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1895156_1894977_1644536,00.html

Jan. 31, 2007

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

— Joe Biden, describing fellow candidate Barack Obama. The remark was made the same day Biden filed the official paperwork to launch his presidential campaign. Biden later apologized and said the remark was taken out of context.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, WideNine said:

A masked seated crowd. Plenty of space between groups.

I did not see anything that resembled the maskless stupidity of a Trump MAGA event.

Another false equivalence. Your idiot lost, you should move on.

My goodness.  Discussing Biden’s mask mandate as it relates to the Biden family picnic at the Capitol bothers you?  It’s his mandate, not mine Nine.   

Your commitment to common sense and dialogue seems to end when the subject involves your guy.

It’s almost like you really don’t believe the things you’ve said previously.  Put another way, while you may be no more full of sh8t than the average American, you’re certainly no less full of sh8t.  Just own it. 

Your guy won, I’m not sure why you’re so sensitive. I’m also concerned that you don’t really understand what it means to make a “false equivalence”.  You mentioned the Trump rally, not me.  I compared Biden action to Biden narrative.  But, carry on tiny dancer. 

• Like (+1) 1

There are no words for the irony and hypocrisy of a bunch of Trump fans suddenly caring about lies coming from the president.

Hate to tell ya, Trumpies, but Biden's got a lot of catching up to do if he wants to match wits with the all-time master of lies, Donald John Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/13/president-trump-has-made-more-than-20000-false-or-misleading-claims/

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

From your own link:

But as Politico noted in a 2009 profile of Biden, the other driver was not charged with drunken driving, or anything else that would indicate fault on his part. Based on evidence and witness accounts, it appeared that Neilia Biden had pulled into the truck driver’s right of way at an intersection with a two-way stop, and the tractor-trailer driver was unable to stop in time to avoid striking her vehicle:

Joe made it up.........for sympathy votes.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

There are no words for the irony and hypocrisy of a bunch of Trump fans suddenly caring about lies coming from the president.

Hate to tell ya, Trumpies, but Biden's got a lot of catching up to do if he wants to match wits with the all-time master of lies, Donald John Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/13/president-trump-has-made-more-than-20000-false-or-misleading-claims/

Their claims of most common lies is difference of opinion. The greatest economy can be argued if you believe that minorities being fully involved is a big deal. The tax cut was largest in straight money saved by taxpayers, not sure how that measurement is illegitimate. I could go through most of their claims and show how their bias is showing but why bother since you linked it and believe the Washington Post is legitimate.

• Like (+1) 1

More lies...............for votes.

Over and over again his campaign told us they were ready from the jump to fix things. Now that @JoeBiden

is in office, apparently that’s changed.........How come?

EsX2flfXcAEJmrc?format=jpg&name=900x900            EsX2fleXMAcTBNr?format=jpg&name=medium         

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

From your own link:

But as Politico noted in a 2009 profile of Biden, the other driver was not charged with drunken driving, or anything else that would indicate fault on his part. Based on evidence and witness accounts, it appeared that Neilia Biden had pulled into the truck driver’s right of way at an intersection with a two-way stop, and the tractor-trailer driver was unable to stop in time to avoid striking her vehicle:

Joe made it up.........for sympathy votes.

also

To be honest, those of us in fire-rescue here in Delaware assumed that Mr. Dunn had been drinking, based on comments made by police officers at the scene.

Honestly the whole thing is rather unclear, Biden seems to of decided it wasn't the case or simply chosen to take the high road, either way I really wouldn't hold blaming the guy who was driving the other vehicle against the guy who just lost his wife and daughter. Besides that I don't remember this being a major theme of any campaign of his or where he's really used it as a prop.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Over and over again his campaign told us they were ready from the jump to fix things. Now that @JoeBiden

EsX2flfXcAEJmrc?format=jpg&name=900x900            EsX2fleXMAcTBNr?format=jpg&name=medium         

Man why can't he just flip a switch and make everything better. I mean sure it's obviously easier to do something about a pandemic at the start than at it's height but you do you and keep bitching about stupid *****.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

You’ve got it backwards Log, it was the wails of feigned indignation for 4 years that a politician making false or misleading claims is something new.  

But seriously, if you see Joe Biden as all truth all the time, man, ya got steel in your spine and some real moxie.  God love ya man. 

No lie Joe! What a hoot! 😂😂😂

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Their claims of most common lies is difference of opinion. The greatest economy can be argued if you believe that minorities being fully involved is a big deal. The tax cut was largest in straight money saved by taxpayers, not sure how that measurement is illegitimate. I could go through most of their claims and show how their bias is showing but why bother since you linked it and believe the Washington Post is legitimate.

Yeah, you're right. Buffalo Bills message board poster Buffalo Timmy is CLEARLY a more trustworthy source than the Washington Post. What was I thinking?

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’ve got it backwards Log, it was the wails of feigned indignation for 4 years that a politician making false or misleading claims is something new.  

But seriously, if you see Joe Biden as all truth all the time, man, ya got steel in your spine and some real moxie.  God love ya man. 

No lie Joe! What a hoot! 😂😂😂

I didn't see "feigned indignation" at "just another lying politician". I saw revulsion at the preposterous alternate reality of lies and cons that Trump created and wallowed in for four years.

All politicians DO lie at times, yes. Joe Biden will be no exception, I'm sure. But to try to draw a false equivalence between the usual brand of political lies and what Donald Trump was up to? That's just ridiculous, and I think you know that.

This is a man who, just days into his presidency, had his people on national TV talking about "alternative facts". Trump was, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the biggest liar to ever hold office. It's documented. Deny it all you want, but the man lived in a reality all his own. From early on, having Spicer declare "it was the biggest crowd for an inauguration ever, period", to his final days outright lying about the election being stolen...Trump was and is a gigantic liar. And wouldn't you know it? They weren't harmless lies, either. His "stolen election" lie, in particular, led to violent insurrection.

If you honestly feel like Trump wasn't a special breed of lying, narcissist lunatic, then I would suggest that you're likely dwelling in the same alternate reality he is.

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, you're right. Buffalo Bills message board poster Buffalo Timmy is CLEARLY a more trustworthy source than the Washington Post. What was I thinking?

I didn't see "feigned indignation" at "just another lying politician". I saw revulsion at the preposterous alternate reality of lies and cons that Trump created and wallowed in for four years.

All politicians DO lie at times, yes. Joe Biden will be no exception, I'm sure. But to try to draw a false equivalence between the usual brand of political lies and what Donald Trump was up to? That's just ridiculous, and I think you know that.

This is a man who, just days into his presidency, had his people on national TV talking about "alternative facts". Trump was, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the biggest liar to ever hold office. It's documented. Deny it all you want, but the man lived in a reality all his own. From early on, having Spicer declare "it was the biggest crowd for an inauguration ever, period", to his final days outright lying about the election being stolen...Trump was and is a gigantic liar. And wouldn't you know it? They weren't harmless lies, either. His "stolen election" lie, in particular, led to violent insurrection.

If you honestly feel like Trump wasn't a special breed of lying, narcissist lunatic, then I would suggest that you're likely dwelling in the same alternate reality he is.

I keep thinking these posts can’t get any funnier, but you guys have supersized the whole “Joe Doesn’t Lie Ok He Lies But Not Much Ok A Lot But Still Not As Much As Trump” game and it’s hysterical.  

Seems the WaPo had 4 interns sitting in a basement and the magic number for DJT is 20,000.  That article, btw, did you read it? Seriously, it reads like a high school newsletter.  But, I mean, it does say 20,000 and man that’s a BIG number.  I think the size of the number alone makes it newsworthy whether or not it’s actually based in anything at all.  

You’ve begrudgingly acknowledged Biden lies.  What’s his number ya figure?  Did the WaPo provide any hard-hitting Biden-lie data or isn’t that a thing?  

Keep it coming brother, this is good stuff. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

So you are saying the amount of money kept by the American people from 2017 to 2018 was not the largest difference in history? If not which tax cut do you feel is the one that allowed people to keep the most? If you agree with me, please just accept that the WP called actual facts lies by redefining it. This media is not about facts but narrative.

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I keep thinking these posts can’t get any funnier, but you guys have supersized the whole “Joe Doesn’t Lie Ok He Lies But Not Much Ok A Lot But Still Not As Much As Trump” game and it’s hysterical.  

Seems the WaPo had 4 interns sitting in a basement and the magic number for DJT is 20,000.  That article, btw, did you read it? Seriously, it reads like a high school newsletter.  But, I mean, it does say 20,000 and man that’s a BIG number.  I think the size of the number alone makes it newsworthy whether or not it’s actually based in anything at all.  

You’ve begrudgingly acknowledged Biden lies.  What’s his number ya figure?  Did the WaPo provide any hard-hitting Biden-lie data or isn’t that a thing?  

Keep it coming brother, this is good stuff. 

So just to be clear, you’re arguing that Trump WASN’T an uncommonly enormous liar who lived in an alternate reality of alternative facts?

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

This isn't as bothersome to me the fact that he lied (and sorry I missed this post).....

What does bother me is this kind of b.s. should lead every single American to question wtf is going on and pretty much confirms this has had nothing to do with the virus I'm supposed to take super seriously.