Biden's lies

Wacka

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE REAL JOE BIDEN

If there’s any Joe Biden pose more phony than his purported moderation, it’s his purported decency. Biden is not a decent person.

Plenty of examples to support this statement. The best one is set forth by Kevin Williamson:

Of all of Biden’s dishonesty — the plagiarism and other intellectual dishonesty, the invented biographical episodes, etc. — the one that sticks out the most to me is his lying, repeatedly, about the death of his first wife and child, falsely claiming that they had been killed by a drunk driver. In reality, the driver of the other car was neither drunk nor even at fault — police reports suggest that Mrs. Biden accidentally swerved into the lane of oncoming traffic. A horrible story — but not the story Joe Biden told for years.

Mentally normal people do not do things like that. Honest people certainly do not do things like that.

Imagine the cynicism and soul-deadness it takes to consider the death of your wife and child and then say to yourself, “How could this situation be improved for political purposes?”

Williamson then draws a parallel to Donald Trump:

The obvious, though less tragic, parallel here is Donald Trump and his imaginary friend, John Barron, the character he invented to call up the New York gossip pages and lie about his sex life, about all the famous beauties he was bedding. (Carla Bruni at one point was compelled to make a public statement after Trump claimed to be romantically linked to her: “Trump is obviously a lunatic.”)

Again, mentally normal people do not do things like that. And they surely don’t name their children after their imaginary friend press agents, as Donald Trump did.

I suppose not. But Biden’s lacks of decency makes Trump’s pale in comparison, at least in these two episodes.

We have replaced a lying scoundrel of a president with a lying scoundrel of a president. The difference? One, in his present incarnation, takes mostly conservatives positions; the other, in his present incarnation, takes almost exclusively left-liberal ones.

Congratulations, America.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/01/the-real-joe-biden.php

Or alternatively

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-lie-wife-killed-drunk-driver/

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE REAL JOE BIDEN

If there’s any Joe Biden pose more phony than his purported moderation, it’s his purported decency. Biden is not a decent person.

Plenty of examples to support this statement. The best one is set forth by Kevin Williamson:

Of all of Biden’s dishonesty — the plagiarism and other intellectual dishonesty, the invented biographical episodes, etc. — the one that sticks out the most to me is his lying, repeatedly, about the death of his first wife and child, falsely claiming that they had been killed by a drunk driver. In reality, the driver of the other car was neither drunk nor even at fault — police reports suggest that Mrs. Biden accidentally swerved into the lane of oncoming traffic. A horrible story — but not the story Joe Biden told for years.

Mentally normal people do not do things like that. Honest people certainly do not do things like that.

Imagine the cynicism and soul-deadness it takes to consider the death of your wife and child and then say to yourself, “How could this situation be improved for political purposes?”

Williamson then draws a parallel to Donald Trump:

The obvious, though less tragic, parallel here is Donald Trump and his imaginary friend, John Barron, the character he invented to call up the New York gossip pages and lie about his sex life, about all the famous beauties he was bedding. (Carla Bruni at one point was compelled to make a public statement after Trump claimed to be romantically linked to her: “Trump is obviously a lunatic.”)

Again, mentally normal people do not do things like that. And they surely don’t name their children after their imaginary friend press agents, as Donald Trump did.

I suppose not. But Biden’s lacks of decency makes Trump’s pale in comparison, at least in these two episodes.

We have replaced a lying scoundrel of a president with a lying scoundrel of a president. The difference? One, in his present incarnation, takes mostly conservatives positions; the other, in his present incarnation, takes almost exclusively left-liberal ones.

Congratulations, America.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/01/the-real-joe-biden.php

Of course.  This was common knowledge throughout Biden's time in the public square.  He trades in his sort of thing.  

In the old days, dems voters realized he was this guy, but in the old days, dem voters were hard working folks trying to get by and they could sniff out his bullsh*t a mile away.  He was laughed out of the race in those days, but those days are long gone.  Now he's the Sugar Smack Daddy of the modern liberal wing of the dem party.  

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Posted 14 minutes ago

Updated per your post:

Input magazine is the gold standard to be sure. In order it goes:

1. Input magazine;

2. LieWatch;

3. Dances with Wolves;

4. The DNC monthly “Ucan Trustus”;

5.  Watercooler gossip talk;

9. Schnopes.com

10.Wikipedia

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Input magazine is the gold standard to be sure. In order it goes:

1. Input magazine;

2. LieWatch;

3. Dances with Wolves;

4. The DNC monthly “Ucan Trustus”;

5.  Watercooler gossip talk;

🤣🤣🤣

Ok. So your position is that Trump is truthful, and all fact-checkers are suspect.

Good luck with all that.

The truth will out. So how did those election fraud lies he birthed do in court?

You know, where facts and evidence were needed.

I am watching you folks gradually get smaller and more desperately petty in my virtual rearview mirror.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Ok. So your position is that Trump is truthful, and all fact-checkers are suspect.

Good luck with all that.

The truth will out. So how did those election fraud lies he birthed do in court?

You know, where facts and evidence were needed.

I am watching you folks gradually get smaller and more desperately petty in my virtual rearview mirror.

No sir, that was never my position.  Lies, untruths and half-truths have been part of the American political system since 1776 (or 1622 if you read the new fangled textbooks that are ll the rage).  Remove Trump and all the panties tied up in bunches over the past four years, I'm betting that you and I would agree on that.  It certainly is and was a mainstream point most Americans could agree on back before the barbarian stormed the gates.  Joe was bounced from several presidential runs in part for the whoppers he told, and all the eye-closing and "nuh-uh!" in the world won't change that.    

My position was always that those who support Biden are--as a general rule--no more or less full of sh8t than anyone else in America.

They are mortified over lies, unless said lies improve their position in life or benefits them personally;

Everyone has a price point, Niner, we just needed to find yours.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No sir, that was never my position.  Lies, untruths and half-truths have been part of the American political system since 1776 (or 1622 if you read the new fangled textbooks that are ll the rage).  Remove Trump and all the panties tied up in bunches over the past four years, I'm betting that you and I would agree on that.  It certainly is and was a mainstream point most Americans could agree on back before the barbarian stormed the gates.  Joe was bounced from several presidential runs in part for the whoppers he told, and all the eye-closing and "nuh-uh!" in the world won't change that.    

My position was always that those who support Biden are--as a general rule--no more or less full of sh8t than anyone else in America.

They are mortified over lies, unless said lies improve their position in life or benefits them personally;

Everyone has a price point, Niner, we just needed to find yours.  

So everyone lies ergo Trump's lies that have led to so much suffering and death are "ok".

A consistent river of deflection and false-equivilencies arguments you continue to use to prop up that self-serving orange bag of dung.

Thankfully more voters are a tad more selective about their trust and who they are willing to empower with the nation's highest office.

Several were registered Republicans.

It is so refreshing to have a President that is not a complete joke and embarassment.

I'm going to hope Biden will listen to his advisors , he will have gaffs. So much money was put into the Keystone pipeline already I would have finished it. If further parts of the border wall are paid for and under contract let that finish also. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ALF said:

I'm going to hope Biden will listen to his advisors , he will have gaffs. So much money was put into the Keystone pipeline already I would have finished it. If further parts of the border wall are paid for and under contract let that finish also. 

I have mixed feelings on this. Using tankers from Western Canada to US refineries on the West Coast are probably sufficient.

I think as we embrace more hybrid and plug-in technology our investments would be better served upgrading our grids, transportion distribution networks, and provisioning cheaper electrical distribution in general.

The Keystone folks applied for permits promising no significant leaks and/or spills and already have failed on that front.

It is a boondoggle for a slowly dying industry that has done enough damage. We can do better as a nation.

I have visited countries far more poor than the US and seen bullet trains connecting cities and cheap gb internet everywhere and look at the US and we seem to have leadership that is purposely keeping our infrastructure in the global backwaters to soak us longer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Seriously.  Did you read it?  It's the perfect example of how Snopes is biased.  If it had been Donald Trump's behavior, Snopes would have absolutely rated the accusation that he lied about the drunk driver as true.

But here Snopes decides that since local gossip at the time feels it was probably caused by drinking, Biden gets a break because he probably believed the gossip.

Good one Snopes!

Even though there was no evidence that the driver was drunk nor any of the emergency responders felt the driver was drunk.  (This was 1972 so no testing).

Even though there was 150 feet of tire rubber from the truck leading up to the 2-way stop intersection.  50 yards of hard braking.

Even though Neilia Biden had her baby daughter in her lap while also trying to drive.

Even though Joe Biden later stopped saying it and called the driver's family to apologize for any hurt he caused their family.

Snopes is a crock over anything political.  It is absolutely true Biden was lying, I think to ease his terrible loss, but still.  The most likely reality of the tragic accident is that the truck was going too fast (intersection was nestled between 2 sizeable hills) and Neilia was distracted, didn't see the oncoming truck and pulled out in front of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, WideNine said:

So everyone lies ergo Trump's lies that have led to so much suffering and death are "ok".

A consistent river of deflection and false-equivilencies arguments you continue to use to prop up that self-serving orange bag of dung.

Thankfully more voters are a tad more selective about their trust and who they are willing to empower with the nation's highest office.

Several were registered Republicans.

It is so refreshing to have a President that is not a complete joke and embarassment.

Your first statement is emotional gibberish.  Suggesting that it's a commonly accepted premise that lying is an American political tradition (something I think you're conceding here) says nothing at all about 'suffering and death' being 'ok'.  But, if you've never heard that is a thang, by all means, check around.  Get outside your comfort zone.  Read a book.  

Let's mark this down:

It took less than 48 hours from the Biden inauguration for you to deflect attention away from the subject of the post,  president Biden and the lies he tells, to DJT, President-emeritus.  To boot, you actually accused me of deflection ünd false equivalencies when speaking directly about the topic at hand.  I'm not keeping score, but that's the second time a disciple of Joe has accused me of deflection when speaking, ironically, about Joe.  The bible warns against worshipping false idols, and to be fair to the geez at 1600, the "Joe-No-Lie" standard is impossible to meet.   

While that is some bold posting, I really would have expected more from you.  

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Pointless fact checking anything b.c to a republican only lies are truth. Everytime someone fact checks something "so biased" how are facts biased if they are facts?

I'm an independent, happy to see Trump gone, Biden voter and everything I wrote is further down in the Snopes article if you actually bother to read, Mr. Ignorant.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Seriously.  Did you read it?  It's the perfect example of how Snopes is biased.  If it had been Donald Trump's behavior, Snopes would have absolutely rated the accusation that he lied about the drunk driver as true.

But here Snopes decides that since local gossip at the time feels it was probably caused by drinking, Biden gets a break because he probably believed the gossip.

Good one Snopes!

Even though there was no evidence that the driver was drunk nor any of the emergency responders felt the driver was drunk.  (This was 1972 so no testing).

Even though there was 150 feet of tire rubber from the truck leading up to the 2-way stop intersection.  50 yards of hard braking.

Even though Neilia Biden had her baby daughter in her lap while also trying to drive.

Even though Joe Biden later stopped saying it and called the driver's family to apologize for any hurt he caused their family.

Snopes is a crock over anything political.  It is absolutely true Biden was lying, I think to ease his terrible loss, but still.  The most likely reality of the tragic accident is that the truck was going too fast (intersection was nestled between 2 sizeable hills) and Neilia was distracted, didn't see the oncoming truck and pulled out in front of it.

Accidents happen, it's just the way life goes. Biden is in many ways a weak man, you can see it as he confronts people who ask questions he doesn't like, his well-established propensity to threaten to take people behind the school library, compare IQs or engage in a push up contest.  All of those things really point to insecurity wrapped in a quasi-fraternity boy mindset.  

Snopes if fun for kicks, but citing it as an irrefutable source not so much.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

So just going to ignore this part huh.

To be honest, those of us in fire-rescue here in Delaware assumed that Mr. Dunn had been drinking, based on comments made by police officers at the scene. And in the Delaware fire service, rumors travel from station to station like wildfire.

Until he remarried in 1977, whenever Joe Biden attended a public safety event, parade or spoke during a firehouse banquet, police officers and firefighters would approach him and discuss the accident and the tragedy of his wife Neilia and daughter Naomi falling victim to a drunken driver. Imagine how those discussions must have affected the young Senator.

I mean in one of the two times they could actually find him talking about it he even talked about it like it was a rumor/popular sentiment.

Also to be clear Snopes didn't say he didn't lie it said there wasn't enough information to prove it one way or the other.

Edited by Warcodered

4 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I didn’t say he didn’t say it. If you’re going to do a thread about lies, it would make sense to post a reference to what was said and then how it was a lie.

And again, Biden and the Dems had no control over the agencies that went did the inauguration planning. Since it’s a National Security event,  United States Secret Service, FEMA, Department of Defense, intelligence agencies and other departments that establish security perimeters and coordinate on terrorist threats and crisis management are the ones who did security planning. All those agencies were under Trump control. 

In addition, Department of Defense/Pentagon were all under Republican leadership during the planning.

To say Biden and the Democrats requested are the troops as a prop is disingenuous unless you just want to blame it all on the Deep State. 

Blaming the previous administration on day 3

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean in one of the two times they could actually find him talking about it he even talked about it like it was a rumor/popular sentiment.

Also to be clear Snopes didn't say he didn't lie it said there wasn't enough information to prove it one way or the other.

I'm not ignoring it at all.  All the facts point to the truck driver was most likely not drunk.  It's the gossip that clinches it for Snopes to absolve Biden.  

It's a fact that Biden also called the family years later to apologize.  I see no mention of it, but undoubtedly Biden found out the results of the accident investigation.  The facts show the driver made a strong effort to stop.  

Stating that the driver was drunk is lying.  There's utterly no proof that is a true statement and all the available facts tell a different story.   A neutral, reasonably intelligent person of good conscience would not say it.  I think Biden is overall a decent guy and the emotional tragedy biased him.

I'm not here to crucify Biden as I understand where he was coming from, and to his absolute credit, he apologized and stopped saying it.  That's what means the most to me.  

In this right vs left mental diarrhea, the saddest thing is watching one side point fingers at the other while never pointing inwards first.

• Like (+1) 1

They're all lying everyday about Covid, vaccines, Hank Aaron getting that vaccine 2 weeks ago, and that you'll be mitigating for years.  Media going right along with it question nothing we can all live like this indefinitely look how well the last 11 months have been. 

Let's do 11 more!  Or 3 years more.  

This remains the only thing that matters. 

33 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Trump is generally a POS as a human.  As such, do you really think that Snopes would have given the same response had it been him instead of Biden in that write up?