Detroit Interested in Ken Dorsey

JGMcD2

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Would Det really go with an OC that never called plays and a HC that doesn't have play calling experience?  It can't be that hard to find an OC with experience.  Bring someone from College.

Well....Apparently they just went with a DC who has never called plays to accompany a HC that doesn't have play calling experience.

47 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He just likes knee caps. So basically if your with him in a bar and Paige Spiranac walks in wearing a skirt he’s going to say oh my god look at that chicks knee caps.

Except he doesn't want to look at them, he wants to bite them off.  Or something.  It was just weird.

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Except they still can't interview guys on teams that are still in it right now.  For the two teams that are knocked out, no longer issue as of Monday.  For the other two, there's a window I believe.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well....Apparently they just went with a DC who has never called plays to accompany a HC that doesn't have play calling experience.

Except he doesn't want to look at them, he wants to bite them off.  Or something.  It was just weird.

Except they still can't interview guys on teams that are still in it right now. For the two teams that are knocked out, no longer issue as of Monday.  For the other two, there's a window I believe.

That is true

12 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Not to mention Bienemy colors all the squares and is likely to be hired before Dabs.

Multiple arrests is one of the squares.  Need to sympathize with some players who went thru same immature entitled situations. 

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Daboll could explain to him that if you take an OC job where you’re really not set up for success, you can wind up bouncing around the league and be seen as a failure.  Then it can be a long time coming to get another shot.

The Steelers model where you work different coaching positions for same team is a better one.

11 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

If he is smart he would stay here and become OC after Daboll leaves. Im sure we can keep him if we start grooming him as a successor and give hime confirmation he will be next OC

He could also stay here and become Daboll's OC when he leaves next year.  Either way he becomes an OC with familiarity and would be in a better position than leaving now.

4 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Most would have said the exact same about Buffalo? You need people in place in order to overgo an overhaul. It doesn't just happen.

It starts with: Owner belief in the new staff. New GM. New head coach. patience. Right people in place. 

You don't just walk in and say "wow it's done, this is now a great job!"

Zac Taylor went from ASSISTANT WR coach (2017), QB coach (2018), HEAD COACH (2019)

Taylor has worked out well.  Many times.people can move too quick.at the expense of the long term.  It sometimes works but more often not.

15 hours ago, White Linen said:

Dorsey has to know Daboll is likely gone next year and he's in line for our OC.  If he's willing to go to Detroit and leave Allen and what we have here, just to be an OC one year earlier,  then he might not be too bright. 

Totally agree.  I mentioned in another thread a few days ago that Ken Dorsey will also benefit having one more year to prep and

that it would make sense that Daboll helps him prepare too.  Patience Ken!

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Taylor has worked out well.  Many times.people can move too quick.at the expense of the long term.  It sometimes works but more often not.

100%. I'm really not sure Taylor has worked out well, at all. Time will tell.

I just meant that in terms of.... It doesn't matter how long you've been in the league coaching if someone sees your talent.

Josh McCown just got a head coaching interview today and has never coached in the NFL or college for a second.

Haven't McDermott and Beane earned our trust yet?  I believe they look through everything with an analytics angle:

-No D-line stars?  Accumulate a bunch of solid players, no superstars, pay them all decently, and use them interchangeably.

-Concern for our kicking game?  Draft a stud kicker in Rd. 6.

-Fear of our top WR getting injured?  Tell him to get to the ground when contact approaches (with an assist from Chad Hall).

-Rushing game is weak?  Use middle rounds to draft decent talents, hoping one becomes a stud.

This team has no glaring weaknesses.  I have full faith in this regime.  They make mistakes from time to time, but they always stack percentages in their favour, which eventually produces success.  If Dorsey (or Daboll, or Hall, or Frasier, etc) leave, they will find a solid replacement.

8 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Zac Taylor went from ASSISTANT WR coach (2017), QB coach (2018), HEAD COACH (2019)

Yeah and everyone wondered "why?"  I think someone joked it was because he list "friends with Sean McVay" on his resume.

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Really don't think it is. He is extremely highly rated in the building and his work has been spotted elsewhere. Might have it as one of my 2021 Bolds that be the end of the hiring season after next season Chad Hall is an OC in the NFL. 

Diggs said he was the best WR coach he's ever had.  That's high praise indeed.  Does it make him worthy of being an OC already?

What I'd do is give him a pay bump and tell him "look Chad, Daboll will likely be leaving after next season so wait-it-out a bit" and then maybe let him call plays in a game/blowouts.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Diggs said he was the best WR coach he's ever had.  That's high praise indeed.  Does it make him worthy of being an OC already?

What I'd do is give him a pay bump and tell him "look Chad, Daboll will likely be leaving after next season so wait-it-out a bit" and then maybe let him call plays in a game/blowouts.

Yea he isn't leaving this year. If Dorsey does then Chad becomes the #1 in house candidate for OC.