Detroit Interested in Ken Dorsey

JGMcD2

2 minutes ago, cle23 said:

You can't deny interviews when it's a promotion.

You can until we’re done with the AFC championship

I guess the Super Bowl teams must allow them for a week under the new rules

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020/12/23/22196933/nfl-modifies-hiring-process-allows-teams-to-interview-coaching-candidates-immediately

Bills are in for long term winning 

SUPER BOWL experience for coaches before bolting 

Great ownership

Leslie Frazier to coach Houston has legs

HC could call his Defense  if needed

Pro bowl 23 yr old QB setting different records every wk 

No direction, just a few reasons a Coach would want to stay in buff...Ride the coaster for a few seasons then you can choose were you want to go coach....from my perspective 

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean hopefully he gets some good advice from Daboll. Maybe you can get this OC job but do you really want your first one to be for the ***** Lions or would you rather slide up a rung here in like a year.

I'm afraid the discussion would be, I'm going to be a HC in a year's time, and you can come with me and be the OC at the new place.

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

What’s with the worry?

As long as they keep McDermott and Beane they will be fine....

The other guys are interchangeable..

As long as they keep the offensive weapons loaded Allen will be fine. There should always be a slight worry though. Look at the Eagles. Things change fast. Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson were looked at the same way Beane and McDermott are now. A couple bad decisions at WR and people start getting fired. 

10 hours ago, whorlnut said:

We “know” Daboll is gone next year?  Uh ok...I thought that was supposed to happen this year?  Bottom line...nobody “knows” anything. Maybe teams don’t view Daboll’s personality as head coach material. We have no idea...

Pshaw!  We lose any coaching staff, we just go get a retread from the Crimson Tide!  Roll lemons! 😁

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean hopefully he gets some good advice from Daboll. Maybe you can get this OC job but do you really want your first one to be for the ***** Lions or would you rather slide up a rung here in like a year.

Also - if a succession plan really is in place, Pegs could sweeten Dorsey's compensation a bit to make the wait easier 

9 hours ago, White Linen said:

Dorsey has to know Daboll is likely gone next year and he's in line for our OC.  If he's willing to go to Detroit and leave Allen and what we have here, just to be an OC one year earlier,  then he might not be too bright. 

This. 

Not related to your reply per se but I don't buy into the whole "why go to Detroit?!" mantra. 

4 years ago, many would have said, "Why go to Buffalo?":

Cap hell, awfully ran organization, taking over after Rex, never win, no playoffs in 14 years. etc etc. 

It just takes the right people at the top to turn things around. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yeah this sucks. Who's the next man up next off-season IF Daboll and Dorset are gone? Is he on the staff currently 🤔 

Chad Hall. If he isn't the OC in Buffalo in 2022 he will be the OC somewhere else. 

36 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Would Det really go with an OC that never called plays and a HC that doesn't have play calling experience?  It can't be that hard to find an OC with experience.  Bring someone from College.

They are also interviewing Anthony Lynn I believe though he is in play in multiple spots. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

As long as they keep the offensive weapons loaded Allen will be fine. There should always be a slight worry though. Look at the Eagles. Things change fast. Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson were looked at the same way Beane and McDermott are now. A couple bad decisions at WR and people start getting fired. 

The bad decisions have been at QB. Wentz and then benching Hurts. 

7 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

This. 

Not related to your reply per se but I don't buy into the whole "why go to Detroit?!" mantra. 

4 years ago, many would have said, "Why go to Buffalo?":

Cap hell, awfully ran organization, taking over after Rex, never win, no playoffs in 14 years. etc etc. 

It just takes the right people at the top to turn things around. 

Until they go through an overhaul it’s a dead end job. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Chad Hall. If he isn't the OC in Buffalo in 2022 he will be the OC somewhere else.

Hall joined the Bills in 2017 as an offensive assistant and just became WR coach last year. I would think OC is several years off. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Until they go through an overhaul it’s a dead end job. 

Most would have said the exact same about Buffalo? You need people in place in order to overgo an overhaul. It doesn't just happen.

It starts with: Owner belief in the new staff. New GM. New head coach. patience. Right people in place. 

You don't just walk in and say "wow it's done, this is now a great job!"

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hall joined the Bills in 2017 as an offensive assistant and just became WR coach last year. I would think OC is several years off. 

Zac Taylor went from ASSISTANT WR coach (2017), QB coach (2018), HEAD COACH (2019)

Edited by warrior9

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Really don't think it is. He is extremely highly rated in the building and his work has been spotted elsewhere. Might have it as one of my 2021 Bolds that be the end of the hiring season after next season Chad Hall is an OC in the NFL. 

13 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Supposedly Detroit is interested in Dorsey to be their OC. They’re interviewing multiple candidates. 

It would be pretty unfortunate if we got to keep Daboll knowing he’s probably gone next season and the man who many believe is his heir apparent gets an OC job a year early. 

Hopefully they go another direction or Dorsey sticks around. 

LINK

Block the Interview

13 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Teams are no longer allowed to block positions coaches from interviewing from coordinator jobs. 

Yep I forgot about that.