Detroit Interested in Ken Dorsey

JGMcD2

21 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, it was. Then we lasted to a point in the playoffs where a team felt like they couldn’t wait anymore. 

Notice how 6/7 vacancies are filled? Teams feel like they can’t wait. 

All indications are that Daboll was only really interested in LAC and was perfectly content waiting for a team he’s comfortable with next offseason if LAC didn’t work out. 

Again...we just don’t know. It might happen, but to say we know he’ll be gone next year is just wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Don’t think we can keep him from interviewing for a promotion 

Losing him would suck

I thought that all coaches  below the level of Head Coach were  considered equilivant level, and interview c ould be refused.  Of course, if its an opportunity to move up in responsibility I am guessing the Bills would promote his interests and let him interview.  In the corporate world I was in for 35 years, you could keep such an individual from interviewing for another lateral position if you had plans to promote them within one year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean hopefully he gets some good advice from Daboll. Maybe you can get this OC job but do you really want your first one to be for the ***** Lions or would you rather slide up a rung here in like a year.

The No Fun League is also known for its  Not For Long sentiment...if you have an opportunity then you take it...there are only 32 OC positions in the NFL

They don't have to let him interview but even if they did, Chad Hall is a rising star and probably could take over that role.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean hopefully he gets some good advice from Daboll. Maybe you can get this OC job but do you really want your first one to be for the ***** Lions or would you rather slide up a rung here in like a year.

It's why he got a 6 year contract

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Supposedly Detroit is interested in Dorsey to be their OC. They’re interviewing multiple candidates. 
It would be pretty unfortunate if we got to keep Daboll knowing he’s gone next season and the man who many believe is his heir apparent gets an OC job a year early. 

Hopefully they go another direction or Dorsey sticks around. 

LINK

I would assume we deny the request to interview until we’re done with the playoffs

Having watched the press conference of the new Detroit Lions HC I would say - “Don’t Do It, Ken Dorsey.  Don’t Jump!”.  Whatta Maroon.

52 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The No Fun League is also known for its  Not For Long sentiment...if you have an opportunity then you take it...there are only 32 OC positions in the NFL

I think Daboll could explain to him that if you take an OC job where you’re really not set up for success, you can wind up bouncing around the league and be seen as a failure.  Then it can be a long time coming to get another shot.

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Again...we just don’t know. It might happen, but to say we know he’ll be gone next year is just wrong. 

Alright man, I added the word “probably.”

The whole statement was a hypothetical because I said “If we got to keep Daboll knowing he’s gone next year.” Because we don’t know that he doesn’t leave this year. 

Could’ve been written better on my end and I fixed it, but you were focused on the wrong thing anyway.

Have a good one. 

19 minutes ago, krf139 said:

How have the Patriots done with different coordinators coming in and out over the past 20 years?

They have?  McDaniel left.  They’ve had several as I recall.  But part of it must be the sweet seduction of sustained Super Bowl success.

22 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

I think Dorsey is going to be a top coordinator one day. 

I agree.   I’d like him here if Daboll leaves

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not sure he gets the credit he deserves. He's been quietly building a fantastic resume since playing at the U.

I don’t think he gets it publicly, privately McBeane know he’s a rising star. 

In 2017 McDermott interviewed Dorsey for the OC position before they hired Rick Dennison. He thought he was worth an interview for the spot then, here we are 4 years later and he’s likely to have gained even more relevant experience. 

Edited by JGMcD2

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would assume we deny the request to interview until we’re done with the playoffs

Having watched the press conference of the new Detroit Lions HC I would say - “Don’t Do It, Ken Dorsey.  Don’t Jump!”.  Whatta Maroon.

I think Daboll could explain to him that if you take an OC job where you’re really not set up for success, you can wind up bouncing around the league and be seen as a failure.  Then it can be a long time coming to get another shot.

You can't deny interviews when it's a promotion.