Detroit Interested in Ken Dorsey

JGMcD2

Supposedly Detroit is interested in Dorsey to be their OC. They’re interviewing multiple candidates. 

It would be pretty unfortunate if we got to keep Daboll knowing he’s probably gone next season and the man who many believe is his heir apparent gets an OC job a year early. 

Hopefully they go another direction or Dorsey sticks around. 

LINK

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Supposedly Detroit is interested in Dorsey to be their OC. They’re interviewing multiple candidates. 

It would be pretty unfortunate if we got to keep Daboll knowing he’s gone next season and the man who many believe is his heir apparent gets an OC job a year early. 

LINK

He seems like a long shot. As a new head coach, I want a coordinator who has called plays before. 

• Like (+1) 3

We are far too concerned about this stuff. It’s the price you gotta pay to be a top team. Once Allen reaches a certain level (some can argue he’s already there) these coordinators and positional coaches become less important. They obviously have some value in these people but it’s not the end of the world if they leave either. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yeah this sucks. Who's the next man up next off-season IF Daboll and Dorset are gone? Is he on the staff currently 🤔 

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean hopefully he gets some good advice from Daboll. Maybe you can get this OC job but do you really want your first one to be for the ***** Lions or would you rather slide up a rung here in like a year.

I hope he’s smart like Daboll and wait for a situation where he can actually thrive, rather than die on the vine in a bad situation. 

That interview with the new HC made me think he went off his meds. I’d want NO part of that if I was in prime position for a top job a year down the road. 

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yeah this sucks. Who's the next man up next off-season IF Daboll and Dorset are gone? Is he on the staff currently 🤔 

Sigh ... I know where you are going with this .. yes if asked I will serve as the QB coach job as prep for my move to OC. I am about the team and will take on whatever role is needed

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So Bills QB coach, Ravens QB coach, Anthony Lynn who just coached the QB rookie of the year.....is Stafford *****?

I listen to Detroit radio sometimes with mike valenti  because the guy is hilarious. He’s so full of hate for all their teams including Michigan (now you know how I found him 🤣). Anyway he’s been wanting them to get rid of stafford forever. He says he won’t judge this hire (except for hilariously tearing down the press conference)  until he sees what he does with stafford. If he keeps him he wants him fired. 

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It would be pretty unfortunate if we got to keep Daboll knowing he’s gone next season and the man who many believe is his heir apparent gets an OC job a year early. 

LINK

We “know” Daboll is gone next year?  Uh ok...I thought that was supposed to happen this year?  Bottom line...nobody “knows” anything. Maybe teams don’t view Daboll’s personality as head coach material. We have no idea...

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

We “know” Daboll is gone next year?  Uh ok...I thought that was supposed to happen this year?  Bottom line...nobody “knows” anything. Maybe teams don’t view Daboll’s personality as head coach material. We have no idea...

Yeah, it was. Then we lasted to a point in the playoffs where a team felt like they couldn’t wait anymore. 

Notice how 6/7 vacancies are filled? Teams feel like they can’t wait. 

All indications are that Daboll was only really interested in LAC and was perfectly content waiting for a team he’s comfortable with next offseason if LAC didn’t work out. 

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, it was. Then we lasted to a point in the playoffs where a team felt like they couldn’t wait anymore. 

Notice how 6/7 vacancies are filled? Teams feel like they can’t wait. 

All indications are that Daboll was only really interested in LAC and was perfectly content waiting for a team he’s comfortable with next offseason if LAC didn’t work out. 

Not to mention Bienemy colors all the squares and is likely to be hired before Dabs.

Edited by BearNorth