Eagles hiring Nick Sirianni as HC

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

The question is if Beniemy fails do you fire him and dump Watson?  As you're putting your team in a tough spot hiring coaches based on players input. Especially one's that no other team seems to want. 

Risk worth taking, Watson and him for 4 years or a complete rebuild with another unknown coach.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

And that likely goes to Bieniemy if the Texans want Watson to remain with the team.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

The question is if Beniemy fails do you fire him and dump Watson?  As you're putting your team in a tough spot hiring coaches based on players input. Especially one's that no other team seems to want. 

I think there are other possibilities if the coach is similar to Beniemy or other coaches Watson likes.  

https://torotimes.com/2021/01/21/texans-search-frazier-bieniemy/

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Bottom of the barrel

Sometimes the whiskey on bottom of barrel is best.

25 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Southwestern HS, good all around athlete. WR at Mount Union where he won D3 national title. Got on the bus with Reich and has followed him on several stops. 

it speaks for well for you when people want to take you with them. Even more impressive is when the people who hire you leave, and the next guy keeps you on. 

Sirianni was first hired by Haley in KC. When he left, Crennel kept him on with the team. Then moved on to SD. WOrked with Reich. Reich left the team, and then pulled out the rolodex to bring him back in the fold when he got his own team. 

people will cry that he got a job over BIenemy, but he has paid more dues and made more contacts to vouch for him, imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Did the hot dog vendor not want the job?

It’s the toughest job this side of Houston. I assume they want to keep Wentz and his ugly contract. Sirianni comes from family of coaches. His dad coaching HS and his brother coached SW to state title. Other brother is coach at Washington Jefferson in PA a D3 powerhouse. 
But without a doubt a tough gig !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

His father, Fran Sirianni, was my 8th grade science teacher at Southwestern Middle School. He had just started teaching that Fall after being cut from an NFL team after a training camp try out, as a DB iirc.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jabu said:

His father, Fran Sirianni, was my 8th grade science teacher at Southwestern Middle School. He had just started teaching that Fall after being cut from an NFL team after a training camp try out, as a DB iirc.

Fran is my neighbor. Love him. I'll ask him about this the next time we're out doing yard work at the same time. He and his wife have been to almost every game Nick has coached since starting with the Chiefs. Until COVID-19. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

I actually forgot about the Colts thing. I think that is more disqualifying than anything. I really think he could have and probably did learn from what happened in Denver. He was ridiculously young at the time. I think you can change stripes at an early age. 

But the Colts thing was absolutely not good.  

The Colts thing was a total Dick move.  It would disqualify him in my book.

The assumption when that happened was that Belicheck had given him a promise and a timeline, but then he interviewed in Cleveland last year so...I guess they were willing to overlook it.

It's not just the Denver debacle that has to be overlooked, it's his follow-up season trashing the Stl Rams offense with Bradford, who had looked as though he had potential the year before, and looked as though he had potential the year after, and had an absolutely craptastic**** year with McDaniel in charge.  If he wants to sell himself as a developer of young QB talent, he's got some 'splainin to do there.

****when I say craptastic, I mean like passing TD productivity cut in half.  6 in 10 games.  SIX.  18 the previous season, 21 the following season, SIX

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Turned down an interview I believe.

Wisely, if so.

The Chargers job was attractive. I wouldn’t want a dysfunctional situation (Jax, Houston, etc.) if I could get a top gig next year. Philly dumped Andy Reid, a guy who won a Super Bowl and a guy with a winning record.  They have been exposed, and as a result they don’t get a shot at the top candidates. I remember that feeling. 

In the meantime, good for us! I hope Daboll gets the best NFC job available next year!  

2 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

it speaks for well for you when people want to take you with them. Even more impressive is when the people who hire you leave, and the next guy keeps you on. 

Sirianni was first hired by Haley in KC. When he left, Crennel kept him on with the team. Then moved on to SD. WOrked with Reich. Reich left the team, and then pulled out the rolodex to bring him back in the fold when he got his own team.

That, and because of the Reich connection it is possible he might have some insight into how to work with Wentz and some credibility with Wentz?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Colts thing was a total Dick move.  It would disqualify him in my book.

The assumption when that happened was that Belicheck had given him a promise and a timeline, but then he interviewed in Cleveland last year so...I guess they were willing to overlook it.

It's not just the Denver debacle that has to be overlooked, it's his follow-up season trashing the Stl Rams offense with Bradford, who had looked as though he had potential the year before, and looked as though he had potential the year after, and had an absolutely craptastic**** year with McDaniel in charge.  If he wants to sell himself as a developer of young QB talent, he's got some 'splainin to do there.

****when I say craptastic, I mean like passing TD productivity cut in half.  6 in 10 games.  SIX.  18 the previous season, 21 the following season, SIX

WAIT!!! Are you saying Belichick is NOT to be trusted???  Please say it ain’t so!!! 

I guess he can’t lose more draft choices for that, but then he doesn’t draft very well, so I’m not sure how much it matters. Do you think he’s throwing a masked and distanced party to root Tommy on this weekend? 

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Turned down an interview I believe.

It is said they had an agreement to wait until after this weekend to interview. 2 weeks off before SB would give a little cushion to focus on interviewing for a minute

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That, and because of the Reich connection it is possible he might have some insight into how to work with Wentz and some credibility with Wentz?

yeah. this is the big thing they are touting in the media. and it makes sense. wentz is a huge investment that has not gone well so far.