Eagles hiring Nick Sirianni as HC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

And that likely goes to Bieniemy if the Texans want Watson to remain with the team.

The question is if Beniemy fails do you fire him and dump Watson?  As you're putting your team in a tough spot hiring coaches based on players input. Especially one's that no other team seems to want. 

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Happy to see the hire and youth movement opposed to the same ole same ole retreads getting jobs. 

yup. i think a guy like McDaniels deserves a second chance. He's put in the time. He is still young. But most of these guys have shown their stripes. This one was interesting because we had been hearing about the Colts D Coordinator with Philly, but I hadn't heard Nick's name mentioned in a couple years. Maybe I just missed it. 

12 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

yup. i think a guy like McDaniels deserves a second chance. He's put in the time. He is still young. But most of these guys have shown their stripes. This one was interesting because we had been hearing about the Colts D Coordinator with Philly, but I hadn't heard Nick's name mentioned in a couple years. Maybe I just missed it. 

After his stint with Denver and the way he bailed on the colts at the last second. I don’t think anyone gives him a chance

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

After his stint with Denver and the way he bailed on the colts at the last second. I don’t think anyone gives him a chance

I actually forgot about the Colts thing. I think that is more disqualifying than anything. I really think he could have and probably did learn from what happened in Denver. He was ridiculously young at the time. I think you can change stripes at an early age. 

But the Colts thing was absolutely not good.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Man with No Name said:

I actually forgot about the Colts thing. I think that is more disqualifying than anything. I really think he could have and probably did learn from what happened in Denver. He was ridiculously young at the time. I think you can change stripes at an early age. 

But the Colts thing was absolutely not good.  

I assume he's the heir apparent for when Belichick moves upstairs to VP/GM role.  Belichick probably gave him a timeline if i had to guess.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The question is if Beniemy fails do you fire him and dump Watson?  As you're putting your team in a tough spot hiring coaches based on players input. Especially one's that no other team seems to want. 

Too late for those considerations, Texans already have messed up the franchise in epic manner and record time.