Steelers signing Dwayne Haskins

YoloinOhio

The real question is not on the Steelers side of this equation, but rather does Haskins have the work ethic and drive to make himself a better choice than an aging Big Ben... 

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The real question is not on the Steelers side of this equation, but rather does Haskins have the work ethic and drive to make himself a better choice than an aging Big Ben... 

Or the intelligence.  Or the talent.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Or the intelligence.  Or the talent.

Well, there is that too...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LanderPoke said:

Haskins is a young, ***** version of Big Ben, character and all

I’d like to flash a caution light here. Yes, Haskins has shown selfishness and poor judgement. Big Ben sexually assaulted a young lady. The two are not comparable. I’m not a fan of Haskins. However, to my knowledge, he has done nothing to deserve this comparison.

7 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I’d like to flash a caution light here. Yes, Haskins has shown selfishness and poor judgement. Big Ben sexually assaulted a young lady. The two are not comparable. I’m not a fan of Haskins. However, to my knowledge, he has done nothing to deserve this comparison.

Well there was the afterparty in Haskins room with several "jerseys"....just saying.  Where there is smoke there is fire usually.....

22 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Well there was the afterparty in Haskins room with several "jerseys"....just saying.  Where there is smoke there is fire usually.....

Sexual assault is a predatory act of violence. Please do not compare a juvenile party to sexual assault. Are you honestly implying you can’t see the stark difference?

6 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Sexual assault is a predatory act of violence. Please do not compare a juvenile party to sexual assault. Are you honestly implying you can’t see the stark difference?

Were you at said party?  Do you know what happened?  Are you honestly saying you know him THAT well?  You are saying you know what happened?  That was far from a juvenile party......if thats your version of a juvenile party I wanna party with you......just saying. 

Agree 110% what Rapelisberger did is a HORRIBLE act and he shouldn't even be playing football right now and the comparison is weak but Haskins character mold is weak also.....again - WAY more than a juvenile party.......I wanna go to a 5+ stripper after party.....sign me up

Edited by Kwai San
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

Were you at said party?  Do you know what happened?  Are you honestly saying you know him THAT well?  You are saying you know what happened?  That was far from a juvenile party......if thats your version of a juvenile party I wanna party with you......just saying. 

Agree 110% what Rapelisberger did is a HORRIBLE act and he shouldn't even be playing football right now and the comparison is weak but Haskins character mold is weak also.....again - WAY more than a juvenile party.......I wanna go to a 5+ stripper after party.....sign me up

It was a birthday party for his girlfriend. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

No, I’m not nearly that exciting. I saw and read nothing to indicate sexual assault or rape at that party. There is just a Grand Canyon of difference between the two.

I hope for the best for young QBs.  The best-looking options often start out with bad teams and sometimes they never overcome being on a bad team.  Sam Darnold, Haskins, Josh Rosen are just a few.  Their careers are over before they get started.  The lucky ones get to a team that supports them.

Haskins seems like a total jerk but Big en was no saint either when he was young.  Maybe they'll bond, and Ben can mentor his replacement.  But Ben is on a very steep slope downward.  He was terrible this past year.  There will be clamoring for a QB switch next year if Ben continues to struggle.