Steelers signing Dwayne Haskins

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is a good time to remind TSW that while Josh Allen was going thru rookie growing pains in 2018....... @YoloinOhio  was lamenting how sorry the Bills situation was having Josh Allen instead of the much better prospect,  Dwayne Haskins.   :rolleyes:

I've been dead wrong about Bills players often simply because I'm a homer, so I get it. 😄

Steelers need to kick the tires, but there's little hope for Haskins. He seems like a spoiled brat.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Darnold is several orders of magnitude better from day 1 than Haskins has ever been.  

With Haskins, there's nothing to reclaim.  He's another OSU flash in the pan that turned into an NFL dud.  He's not even a suitable backup QB.  Plus he's a next level moron.

Thanks, I see people comparing Haskins to a young Big Ben. Ben played at Miami of Ohio, and was noticed for his gifted QB talent. Haskins has a lot of average abilities, but benefited from the spotlight of OSU. 

• Like (+1) 1

Circle of Life. The last 20 years was the Colts (Manning and Luck), Patriots (Brady, and Steelers (Roethlisberger) and now they all look like they are about to be in a rough situation for the next 5 years unless they find a QB (Colts on the best position and ironically won the least amount of SBs in that era)

4 hours ago, FLFan said:

Haskins will never be any good.  He would need a 180 degree turnaround from his present lack of effort, discipline, and inability to learn a playbook.  Not likely to happen even under the “great” Tomlin.

Haskins will never be anything more than fringe starter. I doubt he would work hard enough to be a backup...those are usually the dudes who know everything and study all the details so they can point out what the starters missed.

8 hours ago, Chaos said:
10 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Haskins could be a good fit anywhere, if he was driven to work hard at his craft. He's the Bizarro Josh Allen!!

Haskins arm is nothing like Josh's.

Bizarro means opposite. And I was talking about the difference in their work ethic.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:21 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

This is a good time to remind TSW that while Josh Allen was going thru rookie growing pains in 2018....... @YoloinOhio  was lamenting how sorry the Bills situation was having Josh Allen instead of the much better prospect,  Dwayne Haskins.   :rolleyes:

Haskins was drafted in 2019.  I'll need to see evidence of this.