Brian Daboll named Assistant Coach of the Year by PFWA

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How many teams have "Assistant Coaches"?

Is it another way to say Coordinator, or is it Assistant Head Coach?

Assistant coach can be coordinator or position coach with this award. Same with the college award (Broyles Award)

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, CircleTheWagonsNC said:

Really disappointed that McDermott wasn't honored as the COY.  Stefanski deserved to be in the discussion, but really?  The Browns were 11-5 and finished 3rd in their division!  Cleveland has had a ton of talent for a few years now...come on!?

I’m trying really hard this year to not get pissed off at things that are out of my control. My first few golf games in the spring time will be a good tester.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The Associated Press is generally considered the "official" Coach of the Year award isn't it? I don't think they've named one yet, but Stefanski is obviously a strong contender for it along with McD and LaFleur IMO.

Yes. The AP is the official Coach of the Year.  Almost always the same as the PFWA Coach of the Year, but there have been years when they were not the same like 2008. But it is very rare.

8 hours ago, CircleTheWagonsNC said:

Really disappointed that McDermott wasn't honored as the COY.  Stefanski deserved to be in the discussion, but really?  The Browns were 11-5 and finished 3rd in their division!  Cleveland has had a ton of talent for a few years now...come on!?

They always give that trophy to people who resurrect teams...  Sean took a  10-6 wild-card losing team to 13-3 and in the AFC championship.    I believe that is more impressive...but I am not the talking heads out there who seem to like more drama.