Allen vs. Mahomes....the newest AFC Rivalry

Kwai San

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Allen will need to get a win against Mahomes for it to be a 'rivalry'. The Bills haven't had a 'rivalry' with the Patriots. There needs to be a back and forth for that.

You could actually make a case that during their dynasty nobody from the division was a rival to the Pats. Early on it was the Colts and Ravens then the Steelers and Broncos who played big regular season and playoff games against them. The Giants were a bigger pain in the ass to them as well for beating them twice on the biggest stage.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

These two certainly seem like the next evolutionary link in the QB chain. Smarts, athleticism, leadership, charisma. You name it, they got it.

These guys will be like Brady & Manning. I could see Josh get 2 rings and Patrick 3-4.....wouldn't surprise me. 

21 minutes ago, Greg S said:

You could actually make a case that during their dynasty nobody from the division was a rival to the Pats. Early on it was the Colts and Ravens then the Steelers and Broncos who played big regular season and playoff games against them. The Giants were a bigger pain in the ass to them as well for beating them twice on the biggest stage.

It was only 2 years, but I’d count the Rex Ryan Jets the years they went to back to back AFCCG’s as competitive rivals for the Pats. 

I think Allen, is ten times better than Mahomes.  Here is why Josh has done more with the talent around him then Mahomes.  Andy Reid, gets all the credit for Mahomes because look at how many QBs that Andy Reid has made a success out of.  Whatever Andy does works.   But now that the Bills found there guy I hope they don't make the same mistake that Marv and company did with Jim Kelly, and not surrounding him with talent  get Josh as many weapons they can find like Diggs but I think the Bills still lack two things in the passing game an Eric Moulds type receiver and a pure speed receiver that goes deep and not even Josh can over throw.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

That case was made nearly every year for 20 years.