Jeremy White’s Touching Tribute to his Mom and to how the Bills Connect us Through Generations

Im 32, so I just barely missed being able to remember the Superbowl years but I remember having people over for them. My mom was(is) an absolute die hard and was at a couple of the AFC championships. My first real memory of the Bills are them losing to the Jaguars and I can vividly remember my mom crying during Jims retirement speech. Next indelible memory is the Music City Miracle. Again I can remember me and my mom on our living room floor just stunned. We all know what transpired with the team after that, but despite that my love for them only grew. Eventually my brother also became as die hard as we were. We as a family invested so much into them but for years and years got little in return. After college I moved to Albany but would always make it home for a game or two.

After grad school I moved to the bay area. The very first thing I did when I moved there was find a Bills bar. After the first week I was hooked and went back every Sunday, commuting from San Jose at first (a 2-hour train ride, games start at 10 AM mind you). It was there that I met a girl that was also from Rochester like myself. We hung out every Sunday and, to make a long story short, we're now married. Every Sunday for the next seasons we were at the bar together but after the game I would always call my mom back home. The Bills were such a good reason to call her, because between seasons I probably didnt do it enough. My wife and I have since moved back to Rochester to be close to family. We now have an 18 month old and another on the way.

I owe the family that I have now to the Buffalo Bills. I owe them many frienships and I owe them for bringing me closer to my family for years and years. Now that Im home we gather every Sunday to watch them.

I have a nephew that is 6 and he like to toss the ball around with us. His dad is a big Cowboys fan so I never pushed the Bills on him but this season, every time we play football now, he only wants to be Josh Allen. I used to always be the Bills, now I cant be them anymore haha.

My son is being trained daily to say "Hey ey ey ey" and "Go Bills". I have told my family, my son can be whatever he wants in life: an astronaut, a teacher, a dancer a fire-fighter, gay, straight, married, single...doesnt matter, as long as hes a Bills fan.

Edited by jletha
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, jletha said:

Im 32, so I just barely missed being able to remember the Superbowl years but I remember having people over for them. My mom was(is) an absolute die hard and was at a couple of the AFC championships. My first real memory of the Bills are them losing to the Jaguars and I can vividly remember my mom crying during Jims retirement speech. Next indelible memory is the Music City Miracle. Again I can remember me and my mom on our living room floor just stunned. We all know what transpired with the team after that, but despite that my love for them only grew. Eventually my brother also became as die hard as we were. We as a family invested so much into them but for years and years got little in return. After college I moved to Albany but would always make it home for a game or two.

After grad school I moved to the bay area. The very first thing I did when I moved there was find a Bills bar. After the first week I was hooked and went back every Sunday, commuting from San Jose at first (a 2-hour train ride, games start at 10 AM mind you). It was there that I met a girl that was also from Rochester like myself. We hung out every Sunday and, to make a long story short, were now married. Every Sunday for the next seasons we were at the bar together but after the game I would always call my mom back home. The Bills were such a good reason to call her, because between seasons I probably didnt do it enough. My wife and I have since moved back to Rochester to be close to family. We now have an 18 month old and another on the way.

I owe the family that I have now to the Buffalo Bills. I owe them many frienships and I owe them for bringing me closer to my family for years and years. Now that Im home we gather every Sunday to watch them.

I have a nephew that is 6 and he like to toss the ball around with us. His dad is a big Cowboys fan so I never pushed the Bills on him but this season, every time we play football now, he only wants to be Josh Allen. I used to always be the Bills, now I cant be them anymore haha.

My son is being trained daily to say "Hey ey ey ey" and "Go Bills". I have told my family, my son can be whate erv he wants in life: an astronaut, a teacher, a dancer a fire-fighter, gay, straight, married, single...doesnt matter, as long as hes a Bills fan.

As a 32yr old I identified hard with the first few paragraphs especially. Well done, I felt it! Congrats on the family

• Like (+1) 1