Buffalo game day Menu

Pete

4 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Y'all are able to eat on playoff game days? lol 

For the Colts game I made beef on weck, wings and nachos. It was all very good, I’m told. Preparing the food was just a way to burn my nervous energy. I had very little appetite and took most of it to neighbors! 

We will be in Florida Sunday staying at a friends vacant house on the bay with a huge covered porch with a big screen. It’s a large area and all outdoors so we plan to invite some friends for a low country boil type thing.....which I suspect I will not be eating much of. While I anticipate little appetite, I may be quite thirsty......

EDIT: This is the low country “boil”, (which is actually baked) that I’m going to use. I’ve done it before and it’s easy, FAR less messy and delicious!  Now.....if only I have an appetite! 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/sunnys-sheet-pan-shrimp-boil-6602997

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

For the Colts game I made beef on weck, wings and nachos. It was all very good, I’m told. Preparing the food was just a way to burn my nervous energy. I had very little appetite and took most of it to neighbors! 

We will be in Florida Sunday staying at a friends vacant house on the bay with a huge covered porch with a big screen. It’s a large area and all outdoors so we plan to invite some friends for a low country boil type thing.....which I suspect I will not be eating much of. While I anticipate little appetite, I may be quite thirsty......

Enjoy mah man!!!  Enjoy!  Say hey to Urban will ya???

Go BILLS!!!!!

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

HUDS, you had me at "fattening food that tastes delicious and gets chased with alcohol".  

I gained weight during every Bills' Super Bowl run more than a quarter of century ago.  So weird now that I have lost 10 lbs during this one.  It's like...I don't know, I am just being focused, healthy and sort of battle ready as a fan to cheer!

Just as the athletes of yesteryear who probably shotgunned a beer or 3 on their way out of the tunnel into the championships games would be out of place in today's Tom Brady-led health conscious movements to get every last ounce of endurance in today's game--I think you are heading up a revolution at the cheering fan level, where the LaZBoy can't keep you down for too long on gamedays! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Am I the only one who cant eat during the game due to nerves?

Last week I made bacon wrapped scallops and chilled shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce, and my wife made chicken wing dip.  While it helped me to kill some time, I was too anxious to eat.  I think I had one scallop and that’s it.  

Vodka and grapefruits, on the other hand, go down pretty smooth and help to calm me down a lot 😆

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Am I the only one who cant eat during the game due to nerves?

I would never eat food actually during a Bills football game!  Not necessarily b/c of nerves, but I just don't want to be distracted at all from the game.

Eating *during the game* is unthinkable for a game of this magnitude! 

I'll probably pound something down at halftime.  

10 hours ago, Pete said:

I’m going to make an authentic Buffalo feast for Bills fight night.  So I’m thinking beef on weck (thank you Exile and Gugny)

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240134/chef-johns-kummelweck-rolls/

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240135/chef-johns-beef-on-weck-sandwiches/

Peanut Stick Donuts

I’m looking for a recipe if has one please.  Something like Paula’s.  I can’t find this donut outside Buffalo 

Chicken Wings obviously 

Teds charred hot dogs

what else is a tasty Buffalo specialty?

whats on your menu?

71GuHnLRUgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

16d43606-99de-4996-8144-04bac9df1404_1.6

Also an appetizer of fingernails...

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1