Buffalo game day Menu

Pete

I’m going to make an authentic Buffalo feast for Bills fight night.  So I’m thinking beef on weck (thank you Exile and Gugny)

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240134/chef-johns-kummelweck-rolls/

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240135/chef-johns-beef-on-weck-sandwiches/

Peanut Stick Donuts

I’m looking for a recipe if has one please.  Something like Paula’s.  I can’t find this donut outside Buffalo 

Chicken Wings obviously 

Teds charred hot dogs

what else is a tasty Buffalo specialty?

whats on your menu?

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 6

Buffalo Chicken Dip - pre game and 1st half

Wings - extra hot lightly crispy for 1/2 time and 2nd half

High Plains Drifters - Equal Parts Patron Silver Tequlia, Cointreau and Rosa's Sweetened Lime Juice - MUST be all three, no subsitutes!  Basically a top shelf Margarita. All game long!!!

I haven't decided yet myself. Ravens game I had a tomahawk ribeye steak, @Juice_32 and myself met at Sams club and bought a few of em. They were awesome btw.

May go more simple this time and do burgers on grill, or may just order pizza. My nerves may be too much for me to feel like cooking, so more than likely order pizza and keep it simple.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Pizza logs of course, but the weck log is spectacular as well.

Board Head extra lean roast beef, rolled into the egg roll wrapper with sea salt, caraway seeds.  Fry it same as PL.  Then add a side of au Jus and some horseradish sauce for dipping!  After you fry them, you butter base and salt the outside and...  yuuuum!  They go fast in my house....  

And the stinger pizza!!!!  These are the no-fail go to!

Edited by Frat-Train
  • Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Buffalo dip & stuffed pimento cheese mushrooms wrapped in bacon--or maybe just beer, too early to know for sure. 🧐

HUDS, you had me at "fattening food that tastes delicious and gets chased with alcohol".  

I gained weight during every Bills' Super Bowl run more than a quarter of century ago.  So weird now that I have lost 10 lbs during this one.  It's like...I don't know, I am just being focused, healthy and sort of battle ready as a fan to cheer!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HansLanda said:

Y'all are able to eat on playoff game days? lol 

I actually decided to try to make something small for last game as opposed to my usual (which is taking 2 sips of water). 

Went to the store before the game and on my way out dropped the Frank’s hot sauce from my bag. It shattered on the sidewalk. I was convinced it was a bad omen for the game— caused me even more stress!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Went to the store before the game and on my way out dropped the Frank’s hot sauce from my bag. It shattered on the sidewalk. I was convinced it was a bad omen for the game— caused me even more stress!! 

The only way to reverse this curse is to re-enter the store and dive through a display table after setting it on fire. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I haven't decided yet myself. Ravens game I had a tomahawk ribeye steak, @Juice_32 and myself met at Sams club and bought a few of em. They were awesome btw.

May go more simple this time and do burgers on grill, or may just order pizza. My nerves may be too much for me to feel like cooking, so more than likely order pizza and keep it simple.

Brother, those steaks were good. I’m doing whatever you do to keep the mojo good! Pizza sounds good to me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1