Chris Simms: Chiefs and Bills offenses will both look totally different from Week 6 Chiefs-Bills offenses, with lots of details

Thurman#1

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I disagree with this assessment, as well as with Phil Simms comment that "every time I looked at him he was just running the one route".  If his knee injury is serious and still affecting him and he's getting treatment, but he's NOT on the injury list, the Bills would be liable to fines and discipline.

John Brown and Isaiah McKenzie say "Hi"

Yeah, I'm just expressing anxiety, which is funny because mostly I'm quite confident the Bills will win. But as for Beasley, I thought speculation was that he had a torn meniscus, which is painful and debilitating but playable. I wonder if that report was just wrong. I sure hope so. A Beasley at full strength makes the Bills much harder to stop. 

28 minutes ago, finn said:

Yeah, I'm just expressing anxiety, which is funny because mostly I'm quite confident the Bills will win. But as for Beasley, I thought speculation was that he had a torn meniscus, which is painful and debilitating but playable. I wonder if that report was just wrong. I sure hope so. A Beasley at full strength makes the Bills much harder to stop. 

I don't think he can have a torn meniscus, or he likely wouldn't be off the injury report.  Speculation at the time included a contusion to the side of the knee; other possibilites (not obvious from the play, but could be hard to tell) would include some kind of sprain that occurred earlier and was aggrevated by that play.

https://bangedupbills.com/2020/12/30/2020-week-16-bills-injury-review-patriots/

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think he can have a torn meniscus, or he likely wouldn't be off the injury report.  Speculation at the time included a contusion to the side of the knee; other possibilites (not obvious from the play, but could be hard to tell) would include some kind of sprain that occurred earlier and was aggrevated by that play.

https://bangedupbills.com/2020/12/30/2020-week-16-bills-injury-review-patriots/

i had a torn meniscus last year. What Beasley has is not one of those. I had surgery

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think he can have a torn meniscus, or he likely wouldn't be off the injury report. 

could have had arthroscopic procedure to shave down the torn meniscus

if meniscus, pain and lack of motion was from swelling in the joint - which has now subsided or will be drained

7 minutes ago, spartacus said:

could have had arthroscopic procedure to shave down the torn meniscus

if meniscus, pain and lack of motion was from swelling in the joint - which has now subsided or will be drained

I think he misses time if he had arthroscopic.  After playing a football game, the swelling likely to recur and require further treatment/drainage = injury report.

I am sure someone already said this...but Josh Allen was hurting during that stretch. His left shoulder was in a harness and his power as a thrower wasn’t there, neither the accuracy.

I know other guys were hurt too, like Edmunds, Milano, and Wallace on D. 

We are NOT the same team. We are much better and I would argue that KC looks less dominant as well. 

WE CAN WIN!!! 💯 🏈 end the debate, and Billieve‼️

Go Bills ‼️

Of their last 8 wins, they were by 6 pts or less.  In 5 of them they were behind or had a 3-4 pts lead in the 3rdquarter. 3 of those wins involved the opponent pulling close late after being down by 17+ points.

I don’t buy the claim if buffalo playing simpleton one dimension teams.  Kansas City had a similar closing schedule as buffalo. They played some common opponents.

their regular season match up isn’t a good barometer.  Buffalos defense is playing better ( and being healthy).

there offenses are similar ( with some differences) and their defenses are different.

it will be about executing offensively, making big plays ( turnovers, loss yds plays) and stopping them in 3 rd and 6+ yds. On defense holding them to FGs.

19 hours ago, krf139 said:

Not saying he's a fraud.  He's just tough to follow sometimes.  He's very articulate and has good insight.  He's been on the Bills / Josh bandwagon for quite some time, but wrongly pointed out they wouldn't be able to handle the Ravens.  While at Texas, he also claimed Chilis was his favorite Mexican restaurant (while living in the middle of some of the best Mexican restaurants in the country).  

He didn't "point out they wouldn't be able to handle the Ravens." He never ever pretends to know the future. He gave an opinion.

He gives his best educated guess about each game. And he's a hell of a lot more educated than most. But absolutely nobody correctly predicts NFL games correctly against the spread at a very high rate. If they did they'd quickly be new Rockefellers and the sports books would shut down.

"Tough to follow"? Um, I guess I can see that. He puts words together in weird ways sometimes, creates Simms-isms. "Self-scout thyself," and so on. And he gets excited and talks really fast. I generally understand him well, except with the football jargon which sometimes goes beyond me. I find that fascinating, though, and treat it as a chance to do some homework.

I'll trust you on the Chili's thing, though. I've never been to Texas but if he said that it does show some questionable food preferences.

Edited by Thurman#1

16 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Of their last 8 wins, they were by 6 pts or less.  In 5 of them they were behind or had a 3-4 pts lead in the 3rdquarter. 3 of those wins involved the opponent pulling close late after being down by 17+ points.

I don’t buy the claim if buffalo playing simpleton one dimension teams.  Kansas City had a similar closing schedule as buffalo. They played some common opponents.

their regular season match up isn’t a good barometer.  Buffalos defense is playing better ( and being healthy).

there offenses are similar ( with some differences) and their defenses are different.

it will be about executing offensively, making big plays ( turnovers, loss yds plays) and stopping them in 3 rd and 6+ yds. On defense holding them to FGs.

Come on, man, answer what he said rather than what you think would be the easiest thing to counter-argue.

He didn't say or in any way imply the Bills were playing "simpleton" teams. He had great respect for the Ravens offense, but yeah, thinks most of their offensive productivity came from the run game. How can anyone argue? He knows the Steelers offense has been pretty good, but how can you argue that their productivity came mostly from the passing game and particularly the short passing game, especially late in the year? I mean, since Week 7 they have exactly one game in which they managed a hundred yards on the ground ... and out of those twelve games, in only four did they manage more than 68 yards!  And frankly, how can anyone argue that the Pats isn't very solid in the run game but pretty weak in passing? They're closest to a "simpleton" I guess, and they aren't that bad, nor did he say they were. The Niners run game is really good, but with no Jimmy G, their pass game is pretty poor.

And those were four of the Bills last seven games, the other three being the Broncos, Fins and Colts. The Broncos offense is just pretty crappy. The Fins, when Tua is QBing, just aren't all that strong anywhere. The only time of those last six when we played a team that was good at both facets was the Colts.

He wasn't using that as an argument the Bills D were bad. Just that the Frazier/McDermott defense has shown itself to be very very good at stopping one-dimensional offenses, even good ones. And KC is not one-dimensional.

The Chiefs last seven games were the Bucs, Broncos, Dolphins, Saints, Falcons, Chargers and Browns. Which of those offenses are good to very good but one-dimensional?

Edited by Thurman#1

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I disagree with this assessment, as well as with Phil Simms comment that "every time I looked at him he was just running the one route".  If his knee injury is serious and still affecting him and he's getting treatment, but he's NOT on the injury list, the Bills would be liable to fines and discipline.

John Brown and Isaiah McKenzie say "Hi"

Beasely although was a full participant Wed., was back to limited duty TR.  I’m guessing they are just being cautious and Davis may be fine by Sunday.  The Chiefs can’t double cover everyone.  Between Diggs, Brown, Beasely, Davis and McKenzie, we should be fine against a Chiefs team that was 15th against the pass, and 21st against the rush.

Im not saying it’s a lock to win, but I believe we have a 60% of beating them.  We’ll find out Sunday.