ESPN Joins The Eternal Debate

dorquemada

7 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Sorry in advance if this has been shared. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/35629/buffalo-bills-can-justify-trading-patrick-mahomes-pick-by-reaching-super-bowl

It's a fair article and in fact should the Bills win, we can put the question to rest forever here. 

I think the question has been put to rest already, although I understand if some may disagree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

"ESPN Joins The Eternal Debate"

The earth is flat.

Exactly, just ask Sammy Watkins, that and the moon landing was done on a Hollywood back lot...

25 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/35629/buffalo-bills-can-justify-trading-patrick-mahomes-pick-by-reaching-super-bowl

It's a fair article and in fact should the Bills win, we can put the question to rest forever here. 

To me, this is such a flawed “debate.” Only because we have no idea whether Mahomes is the same player in Buffalo that he became in KC.  If you could guarantee Mahomes is the same exact QB then of course, they’d take him.  He’d probably be the #1 pick.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

We can get some hints after this game, but i dont think we can put it to rest.  This game has the potential to be a 10-15yr rivalry.  I dont see Josh, Tre or Mahomes leaving their teams anytime soon, so its going to be ongoing over the length of their careers

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I have to say I heard the article and I really like Marcel’s angle. 

Just now, JohnNord said:

To me, this is such a flawed “debate.” Only because we have no idea whether Mahomes is the same player in Buffalo that he became in KC.  If you could guarantee Mahomes is the same exact QB then of course, they’d take him.  He’d probably be the #1 pick.  

You’d take him and you’d be very happy until year 3 of Josh Allen on another team, when the doubts would start to set in, “should’ve waited” :(

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Dion Dawkins had nothing to do with the Mahomes trade.  The pick they used from the trade to move up in the 2nd round was used to select Zay Jones.  So the trade really looks like this:  

Bills trade pick 10 of 2017 draft (Mahomes) to KC & 2018 3rd rounder Bills for got Tyrod Taylor to Baltimore for White, pick used to trade up for Zay Jones who was traded for pick 145 of the 2021 draft, Edmunds & Neal.  

Basically:

Bills trade Mahomes & Taylor

Bills get White, Edmunds, Neal & pick 145 of this year's draft. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

35 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Ha, nice way to disguise/justify Yet Another "Bills Screwed Up By Trading the Mahomes Pick" thread.

Should the Bills win, we will still be debating it, rest assured.

6 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

You serious?

No.  He's not serious.

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

You serious?

LOL, 😂 no, I am hardly ever serious...  But I am a big fan of science and medicine, if for no other reason that they have both made my life better, in that I am still alive, (long story) 

Go Bills!!!

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ha, nice way to disguise/justify Yet Another "Bills Screwed Up By Trading the Mahomes Pick" thread.

For what it's worth, i'm inclined to argue that the Bills did not, in fact, screw up

I'm looking for some supporting evidence this week that will help get the talking heads on board

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Should the Bills win, we will still be debating it, rest assured.

Everyone knows these threads are really the "6 degrees of Duke Williams".

• Haha (+1) 2