Fox News becomes even less recognizable as "News"

WideNine

On 2/9/2021 at 10:29 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

all for removing biased journalism. This would be a fantastic positive step for mankind, and for this country in particular. Imagine if the news became just the news and not mouthpieces for their respective parties 

Who would remain though?

There wouldn't be much to talk about. 24HR news would be gone, and that would be a breath of fresh air.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

There wouldn't be much to talk about. 24HR news would be gone, and that would be a breath of fresh air.

It’s actually pretty interesting when you think about it. Before Fox nobody watched the news at all, except to get the weather report, a late sports score, or some update on a war in a distant land somewhere. CNN was just background noise in the airport. These  (for profit) companies have done an excellent job of gluing eyeballs to screens, and now we have ordinary people discussing, arguing, and ranting about issues they didn’t give a rats arse about just a few years ago. Pure marketing genius! The result: everyone pissed off, multiple impeachment trials, riots in the streets, ‘insurrection’, and an utterly divided nation. Brilliant! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Funny, ( not the ha-ha funny)  what put CNN on the map was the plane crash in the Potomac abd they couldn't show it in airports ( if they were in airports yet).

• 1 month later...

I mean, yea.. Fox News is right propaganda.   Doesn’t everyone know this by now?

That being said, it’s hard for me to take criticisms of the network seriously when pointed out by those who get their news from opposing propaganda wings and grifters.  

On 2/7/2021 at 9:04 AM, BillStime said:

Definition of a snowflake: 

Those who rioted on 1/6 were not “domestic terrorists”.   Any reasonable person knows that by now.  Yet many are being held without bail by the Feds.  That’s the un-American piece to the story.   

Even Elizabeth Warren, to her credit, has spoken out about this.  

Yet here we are, with people who feared Nazi Fascism under Trump out here praising the modern day Stasi’s.  

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I mean, yea.. Fox News is right propaganda.   Doesn’t everyone know this by now?

That being said, it’s hard for me to take criticisms of the network seriously when pointed out by those who get their news from opposing propaganda wings and grifters.  

Those who rioted on 1/6 were not “domestic terrorists”.   Any reasonable person knows that by now.  Yet many are being held without bail by the Feds.  That’s the un-American piece to the story.   

Even Elizabeth Warren, to her credit, has spoken out about this.  

Yet here we are, with people who feared Nazi Fascism under Trump out here praising the modern day Stasi’s.  

Domestic Terrorist... Seditionists...  that's exactly what they were. 

• What would you call them?
  • What was the end goal of 1/6?
  • Why are you downplaying and trying to re-write history? It was broadcast on TV for the world to see.

This was not a impromptu event. The Trump administration and campaign planned every aspect of the day.

image.thumb.jpeg.5de94f44d858004ec416f82e6df0e15b.jpeg

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

Domestic Terrorist... Seditionists...  that's exactly what they were. 

• What would you call them?
  • What was the end goal of 1/6?
  • Why are you downplaying and trying to re-write history? It was broadcast on TV for the world to see.

This was not a impromptu event. The Trump administration and campaign planned every aspect of the day.

image.thumb.jpeg.5de94f44d858004ec416f82e6df0e15b.jpeg

Go research, literally, any legitimate uprising in other countries and compare to 1/6. 

You’re simply repeating words and phrases taught to you by CNN/MSNBC. 

It was a riot.  A black eye for America, absolutely.  But just like they manipulated you with lies about Officer Sicknick, they are manipulating you with lies about what truly happened that day. 

Edited by SCBills

On 2/26/2021 at 8:27 AM, SoCal Deek said:

It’s actually pretty interesting when you think about it. Before Fox nobody watched the news at all, except to get the weather report, a late sports score, or some update on a war in a distant land somewhere. CNN was just background noise in the airport. These  (for profit) companies have done an excellent job of gluing eyeballs to screens, and now we have ordinary people discussing, arguing, and ranting about issues they didn’t give a rats arse about just a few years ago. Pure marketing genius! The result: everyone pissed off, multiple impeachment trials, riots in the streets, ‘insurrection’, and an utterly divided nation. Brilliant! 

I’ve been watching the news since I was 3 years old. I used to watch Jimmy Carter speak and my mother would always say what a nice man he was, but not a great president.

I’ve seen every major speech all the way until Trump. He was an absolutely dreadful speaker. That’s when my streak ended.

As a family we watched the local and national news every evening during dinner.

I started watching cable news regularly around 1991 or so. I also had CSPAN and Washington Journal on pretty often before school.

Edited by The Governor

On 1/21/2021 at 2:29 PM, WideNine said:

I do think "conspiracy" is too grand for what Trump's campaign did. Opportunistic without a care in the world regarding campaign regulations and laws would be more fitting.

If some of the most strident doubters here would just read the bipartisan Senate Intelligence report rather than just taking the twisted cliff notes of Ted Cruz, they would be better informed.

Many on the outgoing staff of Obama were concerned that Trump's campaign just were not taking seriously their exposure and interactions with Russian contacts. This is reflected in the report as a bit of an excuse. That their inexperience made them more susceptible to doing something stupid like coordinating with Russia's attempts to influence the election.

Does not take a conspiracy, just those that think the laws do not apply to them and a hefty amount of ignorance and ego.

Handing Russian Intel polling data of specific states that Trump was behind and had to win was taking it to a different level. They got caught. 

• Agree 1

On 1/26/2021 at 1:20 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

You knew it was gonna happen: presenting your newest Fox News insider analyst! Basically her same old job, better pay. Maybe they'll even give her the "leg chair" - that oughta be worth a little bonus.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kayleigh-mcenany-likely-to-join-fox-news-because-of-course

Trump killed a lot of young careers. The number could be in the hundreds. No future WH or respectable campaign is ever going to hire any of these folks. Damaged goods. News is their only option now.

The right’s last Hail Mary, the fake Hunter Biden stuff, really hurt both Fox and Trump. No one wanted to here from either one of them after that. That’s when people just turned it off. All that was left were the extremists. 

Edited by The Governor

4 hours ago, The Governor said:

Trump killed a lot of young careers. The number could be in the hundreds. No future WH or respectable campaign is ever going to hire any of these folks. Damaged goods. News is their only option now.

The right’s last Hail Mary, the fake Hunter Biden stuff, really hurt both Fox and Trump. No one wanted to here from either one of them after that. That’s when people just turned it off. All that was left were the extremists. 

I’m honestly dying to hear what part of the Hunter Biden ‘stuff’ you felt was fake? There were/are many chapters to that story. 

5 hours ago, The Governor said:

I’ve been watching the news since I was 3 years old. I used to watch Jimmy Carter speak and my mother would always say what a nice man he was, but not a great president.

I’ve seen every major speech all the way until Trump. He was an absolutely dreadful speaker. That’s when my streak ended.

As a family we watched the local and national news every evening during dinner.

I started watching cable news regularly around 1991 or so. I also had CSPAN and Washington Journal on pretty often before school.

Same with my family.  And we read three newspapers a day, Courier Express, Buffalo Evening News, and Tonawanda News.  

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

Go research, literally, any legitimate uprising in other countries and compare to 1/6. 

You’re simply repeating words and phrases taught to you by CNN/MSNBC. 

It was a riot.  A black eye for America, absolutely.  But just like they manipulated you with lies about Officer Sicknick, they are manipulating you with lies about what truly happened that day. 

Another non answer - what was the desired outcome of 1/6?