A sense of calm this week...

17 minutes ago, teef said:

that seems like the obvious formula...score quickly and often.  who know though...does the defense step up and save the game again?  as other have mentioned, and as they were talking about on sirius this morning, they just need to make sure to not let the chiefs have the last shot at scoring.  giving kc the ball back, even with very limited time, will almost always result in a loss.

Not if we just scored to go up 10-14!!!!!😜

This year I have 100% confidence in the coaching staff not to milk a 3 or 7 point lead anytime in the game.  

Prior three years McD would have leaned on the defense (though thought he did vs. NE this year).

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

This year I have 100% confidence in the coaching staff not to milk a 3 or 7 point lead anytime in the game.  

Prior three years McD would have leaned on the defense (though thought he did vs. NE this year).

Well it's really not possible to milk a 3-7 point lead against the Chiefs. Have no choice but to keep the foot on the gas for 4 full quarters. If you don't the Chiefs will definitely win.

14 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well it's really not possible to milk a 3-7 point lead against the Chiefs. Have no choice but to keep the foot on the gas for 4 full quarters. If you don't the Chiefs will definitely win.

Especially for a team that has trouble running the ball. 

36 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I know I'm going to be one of those that drops tears down the cheeks if our Bills win this game. Lord knows how much more emotional I will be if they happen to win the big one.

My nerves and emotions have been crazy this season, especially last 2 weeks. I'm sure it's the same with many Bills fans though.

i'm saving my tears for the super bowl if it goes down.  i not even sure if it's completely set in how far the bills have gotten this season.  i have the same feeling for this game right now than i do for a regular season game.  i'm sure that will change, but i really think i spent my energy on that indy game.  

27 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

i'm not sure going up 10-14 against kc is a big deal for them, (unless it's less than 2 mins).  they can score so fast.  the bills just can't milk a lead unless it's the very last drive.  if they do, the chiefs will find a way to come back.

41 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not sure going up 10-14 against kc is a big deal for them, (unless it's less than 2 mins).  they can score so fast.  the bills just can't milk a lead unless it's the very last drive.  if they do, the chiefs will find a way to come back.

No..... Was tongue in cheek about the Chiefs having the last possession.  Up 10-14 with less then 1 minute & I will then be able to exhale. 

Houston was up 24-0, Tennessee was up 17-7, SF 20-10 & 2018 NE was up 14-0 (though they did win in OT).....

• Like (+1) 1

I have been sitting on this top grinding about it. I read replies like.. were not going to be here every year.. The AFC is hard with young good talented QB's lada da da da.

Well you know what.. I am nervous.. not because my expectations are low or because we got to this point or for any other stupid reason other then this. I think the bills will win.. I don't think its a coin toss because I watched over an over this week, teams KC struggled with. Miami first comes to mind.. We destroyed a Hungry Miami team with a great defense in a system they thought under their style they would win. Then I look at the raiders whom they lost to... and what we did to Raiders.  The Broncos another good example.. They beat then by under 7 points and we put a beating on them. They played the patriots on a good weather day and could only manage 26 points where we pounce 38-9.

These things have not just been talked about this week or last week. KC has been winning but its been a struggle. Are you calm cause its 50-50? Calm cause of who we are playing... Sorry I'm not calm.. I'm ready ... been ready for this game. I think we take them. I'm Excited and Anxious... this game cant happen soon enough.

This post isn't meant to mock how you guys feel.. you guys feel how you want to feel that's your right. This post is the why I feel different.. 

GL GB-TB... when we handle business.. one of you is next.. the best is hungry

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Inigo, the WGR guys have been asking the question for weeks, “what would make this a successful season”

Ive said since before the season to win the East, and win at least one playoff game.  I’ve felt that would be progress and we’ve exceeded it.  We are one step away from the SB and their QB is dinged up at least as far as we know.  It sounds like from the news today the concussion may not be an issue, but tbd.  The toe though could slow his mobility down, maybe.

I don’t if I’m relaxed and calm, but there’s nothing I can do about the outcome of the game, so why worry. Then again, I was excited, but not worried about the last two games.

Seems to me that after SUFFERING through 4 Super Bowl losses anything other than a win in this year's big one will be another disappointment.  

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They need to play their best game and make it count. There is no guarantee when or even IF they will get back to this again.  We'd like to think this starts a long run of AFC Championship battles with the Chiefs, but it doesn't always work out like that.  The AFC is going to be very top heavy when it comes to young QBs and it is not going to be easy to duplicate what we did this year.

Exactly. Just look at all the teams that lost the AFC championship in recent years. Alot of them are 1 and done. Don't let anybody tell you "there's always next year." There isn't always next year. There is no guarantee that you get this far again. 

I was surprisingly right on board with you up until yesterday.  It was the most calm I had felt during the week out of all 3 of the playoff rounds, maybe it was a sense of already having two wins under our belt and feeling more confident or like others have alluded to about playing with house money this weekend.  But something happened today and I can't really explain it but all of a sudden everything just sunk in that we are only a few days away from playing for a FREAKING TRIP TO THE SUPER BOWL and now my nerves have shot up times a 100!  I'm trying to soak everything in because you just never know when you will get back to even this level but definitely have some strong feelings of anxiety and nerves starting as of today.  I imagine they will only continue to grow as we get closer to Sunday night.  It's really an incredible feeling that I had completely forgotten what it feels like since it's been so long for us.

15 minutes ago, Steptide said:

The closer it gets, the more antsy I get. Sunday night, I won't be able to sit still and if the game is close or a nail biter, it may give me a heart attack 

This is how I'm feeling.  I was feeling pretty calm up until around today.  I feel like earlier in the week it still felt pretty surreal but it's really starting to sink in that we're really here!

14 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I was surprisingly right on board with you up until yesterday.  It was the most calm I had felt during the week out of all 3 of the playoff rounds, maybe it was a sense of already having two wins under our belt and feeling more confident or like others have alluded to about playing with house money this weekend.  But something happened today and I can't really explain it but all of a sudden everything just sunk in that we are only a few days away from playing for a FREAKING TRIP TO THE SUPER BOWL and now my nerves have shot up times a 100!  I'm trying to soak everything in because you just never know when you will get back to even this level but definitely have some strong feelings of anxiety and nerves starting as of today.  I imagine they will only continue to grow as we get closer to Sunday night.  It's really an incredible feeling that I had completely forgotten what it feels like since it's been so long for us.

Yes the anxiety will rise, but the first two were home games coming off an unbelievable run down the stretch that had me nervous in different ways.

I went through the 4 Superbowls and yes the losses were difficult, but here there was 25 years of built up frustration, losing years and a lot of mediocrity.

Just rehashing the 4 Playoff appearances prior to 2021 really played into it too.

2000 - Flutie Fumble at the 3 with :17 seconds left and lose 24-17

2001 - Rob Johnson starting (no doubt Ralph Wilson made that decision & I was 100% a Flutie backer) and being terrible, but still the game won until the Music City Miracle

2018 - 3 friggin points (yep McD didn't know offense back then😜)

2020 - Blow the lead, sitting on it, then missed penalties, bad breaks & Watson converting a third & 18 in OT on an underneath pass.

So this year as said vs. Indy it was finally winning & then last week it was Allen vs. Lamar national debate that had me riled up.

Edited by Billsfan1972