A sense of calm this week...

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That is likely why you suddenly aren't anxious NOW........you are now satisfied either way........and you are already rationalizing why that's OK.

By chance were you around for the 4th Super Bowl loss?   Or Kelly getting knocked out of the WC game against the Jags and then retiring?   

You want to talk about some "wish we'd won the first one" remorse...........any missed opportunity can be the last-best-one for a very long time.

I've never been in favor of limiting people starting topics...........but @Billsfan1972 really needs to get a feel for the room.  

How about you????  This is a fan board....  Give me a break, I expressed an opinion and like clickbait you took it.

Grow up and put me on ignore if it bothers you so much....

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That is likely why you suddenly aren't anxious NOW........you are now satisfied either way........and you are already rationalizing why that's OK.

By chance were you around for the 4th Super Bowl loss?   Or Kelly getting knocked out of the WC game against the Jags and then retiring?   

You want to talk about some "wish we'd won the first one" remorse...........any missed opportunity can be the last-best-one for a very long time.

I have been there for all of them except the first.  I was in the middle of the desert on the Iraqi border for the first Super Bowl loss and didn't even know who had won until 24 hours after it was all over.  I assure you I have all the scars of a long suffering Bills' fan.  We buried my father two years ago in his favorite Bills sweatshirt.  My whole family has paid its dues.  

I'm not "already rationalizing" anything here.  I want the Bills to win it all this year and I'll be disappointed if they don't, but that won't take away from the fact that this season has been amazing.  It's been one of the only bright spots in a terrible year and I'm grateful to the entire Bills organization for that.  I'm not going to consider the season a failure if they don't win it all.  Year 3 of the Josh Allen Experiment has been wildly successful in my opinion.

I know some here are living in a box that says "Only open when the Bills win the Super Bowl".   I think that's a tough place to be.  I don't live in that box.  We're all different though, we all have our different perspectives as fans.  I don't begrudge anyone theirs.  

Go Bills.

🍻 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How about you????  This is a fan board....  Give me a break, I expressed an opinion and like clickbait you took it.

Grow up and put me on ignore if it bothers you so much....

I don't really like to see anyone getting clowned as hard as you but at least you admit your intention is to be clickbait........so I guess if you like that then have fun.:thumbsup:

I’m also more calm, but for a different reason.  I think the Bills are going to surprise the Chiefs in a big way, and come away with a commanding victory.  They’re a goddam juggernaut that, were it not for a stunning desperation pass, would be on a 3 MONTH winning streak come gameday.

I personally cannot be complacent at this point.  It’s a cliche, but teams just don’t get this opportunity often, and we can’t assume that next year will be just as successful.  (Yeah, I’m looking at you, Niners.)  There is absolutely no reason to think that, right here, right now, this can be the Bills’ year.  I guarantee everyone in the locker room is feeling that way.

Just win, baby.

45 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I have been there for all of them except the first.  I was in the middle of the desert on the Iraqi border for the first Super Bowl loss and didn't even know who had won until 24 hours after it was all over.  I assure you I have all the scars of a long suffering Bills' fan.  We buried my father two years ago in his favorite Bills sweatshirt.  My whole family has paid its dues.  

I'm not "already rationalizing" anything here.  I want the Bills to win it all this year and I'll be disappointed if they don't, but that won't take away from the fact that this season has been fantastic.  It's been one of the only bright spots in a terrible year and I'm grateful to the entire Bills organization for that.  I'm not going to consider the season a failure if they don't win it all.  Year 3 of the Josh Allen Experiment has been wildly successful in my opinion.

I know some here are living in a box that says "Only open when the Bills win the Super Bowl".   I think that's a tough place to be.  I don't live in that box.  We're all different though, we all have our different perspectives as fans.  I don't begrudge anyone theirs.  

Go Bills.

🍻 

You are smart not to live in that box.:thumbsup:

To me.......every season above ground is a successful one as a Bills fan........we celebrate another 16-0 season together in the last game every year.......this year it will be at least 19-0 which is even better.       

But the season is only a success for one NFL team...........anything else is not good enough for McBeane and Allen etc.. so I'm going with that energy over the tendency to be satisfied before it's done.     

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

being honest. speaking for myself.

it hasn't sunk in. it's weird, I remember how I felt when they went to the first of four back, well, back 31 years ago.

I was on cloud 9.

today, 4 days from watching them play for the chance to get to the dance, not the least bit nervous or anxious, like your title states, a sense of calm.

I'm similar.  I think it has to do with aging.

It was more fun/exciting the first time around, at least for me...though I was in college in those days and at the perfect age for being an NFL football fan.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills had to make it to the AFCCG in order for the season to be a success after Josh had established himself and the 13 win season. You lose against Indy and now you have a real problem with "choking" and even if you lost to the Raven's you have an issue of is Josh "elite" in the playoffs? Now that this team has 2 playoff wins they have the swag and know they can get there. If they lose an away game to the best QB going who has a very good supporting cast that's fine it happens. 

I feel the confidence of the team and hope Josh can show up!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, H2o said:

We can beat anyone in this league. I think knowing that Daboll is coming back is a weight off of Josh's shoulders as well tbh. I expect his best performance of the Playoffs thus far and Singletary goes over 50 yards rushing. The Bills score a TD late in the 4th to ice the game. Bills 38 - Chiefs 28. 

I don't think this point is being talked about enough.. I know there pro's but you cant tell me the thought of them loosing there beloved OC has not been on there minds. I expect us to shock the Chiefs with some real good runs this week along with a strong 350-375 yard passing performance by Josh. A team thinking they deserver another run at the SB is different then a team believing they will get there run this year. I am expecting this to end in a shootout with some good running on both sides first quarter of this game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

As others have touched upon, they have exceeded expectations. Do we want to win? Hellll yes.  But should they lose it won’t be too bad. Losing to one of if not the best team in the nfl ain’t a shame. It’s only when they are in your division and you have two automatic losses a year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The thing I love these last 2 weeks is we've been underdogs. Few gave us a chance against the mighty Raven D and mvp Lamar. Now 100% of the talk is on Mahomes. There's no more dangerous team in the NFL when they fly under the radar then the Bills. And at this point I could care less who we face. We're beating either qb.

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

This will be the most relaxing week I'm going to have. Queefs will get demolished this Sunday. I can see Matt Barkely handing the ball off to Yeldon and Dingleberry (Singletary if he played well) at the start of the 4th quarter because Bills already won the lopsided game.

Let us hope your predictions works out.   It is a exciting and nervous week.  Trying to keep everything in front has been hard.   Go Bills

35 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The thing I love these last 2 weeks is we've been underdogs. Few gave us a chance against the mighty Raven D and mvp Lamar. Now 100% of the talk is on Mahomes. There's no more dangerous team in the NFL when they fly under the radar then the Bills. And at this point I could care less who we face. We're beating either qb.

I am not able to put up the same bravado however hard I try !!! 🙂

46 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I don't think this point is being talked about enough.. I know there pro's but you cant tell me the thought of them loosing there beloved OC has not been on there minds. I expect us to shock the Chiefs with some real good runs this week along with a strong 350-375 yard passing performance by Josh. A team thinking they deserver another run at the SB is different then a team believing they will get there run this year. I am expecting this to end in a shootout with some good running on both sides first quarter of this game.

with coaches wanting to shorten key playoff games to limit the mistakes,  shoot outs have become very far and few,  I don't want shoot outs. I want the Bills to take a 3 TD lead into the 4th Quarter.

6 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

being honest. speaking for myself.

it hasn't sunk in. it's weird, I remember how I felt when they went to the first of four back, well, back 31 years ago.

I was on cloud 9.

today, 4 days from watching them play for the chance to get to the dance, not the least bit nervous or anxious, like your title states, a sense of calm.

This is where I'm at. I know if they play well they can win and that's enough. Nobody outside Buffalo truly expects them to win or wants them to win. The pressure is off. Just show up and ball and let the chips fall where they may.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Let us hope your predictions works out.   It is a exciting and nervous week.  Trying to keep everything in front has been hard.   Go Bills

I am not able to put up the same bravado however hard I try !!! 🙂

with coaches wanting to shorten key playoff games to limit the mistakes,  shoot outs have become very far and few,  I don't want shoot outs. I want the Bills to take a 3 TD lead into the 4th Quarter.

thats a pipe dream I hope comes true...

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I so want the Bills to win out, as do you all, but I have so little angst about it surprising, so I’ll just chill and enjoy the ride. The calmness may dissipate as game day gets closer, but I’ll take as long as it lasts.

We are so gonna kick their azsez!

Go Bills!!!

That’s my feeling too.  After the Ravens game, I’m not watching as much of the national sports opinion shows as I have during the season.  I’m mainly just staying in the local sports media and Two Bills Drive bubble and enjoying the ride.  Hopefully we win. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1