A sense of calm this week...

i certainly respect KC.  but i like the fact the Bills faced adversity late vs Indy and struggled offensively vs Balt.  They have not put together a great game yet.  i’m feeling like the O is going to show up this week and the D has been playing well.

• Agree 1

Good post.  I agree.  We made it to the Afc championship. Losing the the Colts or the ravens would’ve left me extremely disappointed.  We wouldn’t have met my expectations.  Losing to the chiefs, while it would sting, wouldn’t ding our season in anyone’s eyes.  Mahomes lost to the team carrying the torch in the afc prior to their super bowl win.  If we were to lose, sunday, I feel that the feeling after the loss, would be the fuel necessary to get us over the hump next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

I feel the exact same way, I expect the closer it gets the more anxious I’ll be. 

I really would like a new afc championship banner to go next to the others. It’s been too long since we’ve had anything to hang. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Agree 1

Carpe Diem! Huge opportunity for this team, this organization and this fanbase! 

I can’t wait for the game but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. More of an anxious nervousness. Just want the team play to their potential and as a long time fan IM SO READY TO BE BACK IN THE SUPER BOWL!

Lets win the whole damn thing this year!

LETS GO BUFFALO!

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

i certainly respect KC.  but i like the fact the Bills faced adversity late vs Indy and struggled offensively vs Balt.  They have not put together a great game yet.  i’m feeling like the O is going to show up this week and the D has been playing well.

Agreed. The Defense is getting to where they need to be. The Offense needs to come out and show everyone what got us here. 

With both sides playing the way they have shown they can would be a hell of a coming out party. 

If Tampa beats GB before our game i’m going to feel really juiced up that something is in the air.  For the last two months been thinking the whole destiny thing is going to direct us to beat Mahomes then beat our 20 year nemesis , Brady (on his field) to get where we want to go. 

Lol.  i’m getting ahead of myself. Just Win Sunday!

I so want the Bills to win out, as do you all, but I have so little angst about it surprising, so I’ll just chill and enjoy the ride. The calmness may dissipate as game day gets closer, but I’ll take as long as it lasts.

We are so gonna kick their azsez!

Go Bills!!!

52 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Last week was this way for me. This week I'm a bit more on edge. Sunday might be the longest day ever. I'm nervous about this game 

I'm not nervous at all, since before Indy. What I am, is dreading the potential for no more games after Sunday. That's the only thing for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Wildcard weekend it was about "getting off the schneid" considering it had been 25 years!!!! and concerns the Bills were cruising and could be caught should Indy play them tough.  Visions of the 2019 Ravens (though the Bills are a much different team).

Vs. the Ravens it was the Lamar vs. Allen talk and people still trying to find fault with Allen or choosing Lamar ahead of him.....  A loss and it again would have been an "I told you so" scenario.

This week KC and with a healthy Mahomes it's all gravy.  The Bills win and it's Superbowl and two weeks talking about this Bills team vs. 91-95.....

A loss and then it's simply "How do the Bills & the rest of the AFC topple the Chiefs".

So yes am in a zen state and will be right through Sunday, only concerned about no COVID-19 issues and the WEATHER......😜

whats nuts is how stressed I have been for the first two games. My resting heart rate is normally in the low 50’s. I was wearing my Fitbit during last game, and basically just about every other play, it was spiking to over 100. I had to actually try to sit back and breath and relax. 

but this game feels like we are playing with house money. My hope is that both the players (and fans) can just have a ton of fun, and play loose. My hope for all of us is to really enjoy this game and be entertained, and of course hopefully win. 

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm not nervous at all, since before Indy. What I am, is dreading the potential for no more games after Sunday. That's the only thing for me. 

Ya this part of my nervousness. This season has been so fun, I don't want it to end. The bills have far exceeded my expectations this year, so I really can't be mad if this Sunday is the end 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They need to play their best game and make it count. There is no guarantee when or even IF they will get back to this again.  We'd like to think this starts a long run of AFC Championship battles with the Chiefs, but it doesn't always work out like that.  The AFC is going to be very top heavy when it comes to young QBs and it is not going to be easy to duplicate what we did this year.

^this.  I was talking about this with my wife last night and used Marino as an example.  He went to the big dance once early in his career and never made it back.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Well, let's look at it this way.  There's only 3 games left in the entire NFL football season...and we're in one of them!  So that's pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I lived in KC and nearby for ten years and have lots of friends back there, all Chiefs fans. I wish them well and hope the Chiefs are healthy going into the game, but am so pleased to see the Bills in this game and rooting for them to win.

I'll be bummed if they lose, but I respect the attitude the Bills seem to have evolved going into this game, and it gives me a great feeling for the players and coaches. They seem mature and centered and have had their heads in the game. Hope they can keep that quality under the pressures they will face this weekend, and when they win, in the Super Bowl. 

I can't say this exactly makes me CALM, but it does make me feel like the Bills have a good chance to win. This really seems like the best team attitude the Bills have had at least since the 90s, maybe better than then even. 

Edited by Dr. K

6 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

^this.  I was talking about this with my wife last night and used Marino as an example.  He went to the big dance once early in his career and never made it back.

Yup his rookie year. He probably thought "Wow...this is easy. I'll be back every few years". Wrong.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Win or lose I'm happy with this season.  I'm confident in saying, if not this year, next year.  That's a hell of a place for me to be after 20 years of beatings as a Bills fan.  It's pretty nice.

Nice thread OP.

That is likely why you suddenly aren't anxious NOW........you are now satisfied either way........and you are already rationalizing why that's OK.

By chance were you around for the 4th Super Bowl loss?   Or Kelly getting knocked out of the WC game against the Jags and then retiring?   

You want to talk about some "wish we'd won the first one" remorse...........any missed opportunity can be the last-best-one for a very long time.

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well I had gone 24 hours without knowing @Billsfan1972's mental state. I am glad we have an update.

I've never been in favor of limiting people starting topics...........but @Billsfan1972 really needs to get a feel for the room.