A sense of calm this week...

Wildcard weekend it was about "getting off the schneid" considering it had been 25 years!!!! and concerns the Bills were cruising and could be caught should Indy play them tough.  Visions of the 2019 Ravens (though the Bills are a much different team).

Vs. the Ravens it was the Lamar vs. Allen talk and people still trying to find fault with Allen or choosing Lamar ahead of him.....  A loss and it again would have been an "I told you so" scenario.

This week KC and with a healthy Mahomes it's all gravy.  The Bills win and it's Superbowl and two weeks talking about this Bills team vs. 91-95.....

A loss and then it's simply "How do the Bills & the rest of the AFC topple the Chiefs".

So yes am in a zen state and will be right through Sunday, only concerned about no COVID-19 issues and the WEATHER......😜

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

being honest. speaking for myself.

it hasn't sunk in. it's weird, I remember how I felt when they went to the first of four back, well, back 31 years ago.

I was on cloud 9.

today, 4 days from watching them play for the chance to get to the dance, not the least bit nervous or anxious, like your title states, a sense of calm.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

They need to play their best game and make it count. There is no guarantee when or even IF they will get back to this again.  We'd like to think this starts a long run of AFC Championship battles with the Chiefs, but it doesn't always work out like that.  The AFC is going to be very top heavy when it comes to young QBs and it is not going to be easy to duplicate what we did this year.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This will be the most relaxing week I'm going to have. Queefs will get demolished this Sunday. I can see Matt Barkely handing the ball off to Yeldon and Dingleberry (Singletary if he played well) at the start of the 4th quarter because Bills already won the lopsided game.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They need to play their best game and make it count. There is no guarantee when or even IF they will get back to this again.  We'd like to think this starts a long run of AFC Championship battles with the Chiefs, but it doesn't always work out like that.  The AFC is going to be very top heavy when it comes to young QBs and it is not going to be easy to duplicate what we did this year.

No doubt & maybe kicking themselves afterwards and there are no guarantees.  

However for me the prior two wins were big for the reasons I posted in the thread.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475plfa1t4u2orb585mg

Nice picture of you.  Pretty much what I thought you looked like.....

• Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Wildcard weekend it was about "getting off the schneid" considering it had been 25 years!!!! and concerns the Bills were cruising and could be caught should Indy play them tough.  Visions of the 2019 Ravens (though the Bills are a much different team).

Vs. the Ravens it was the Lamar vs. Allen talk and people still trying to find fault with Allen or choosing Lamar ahead of him.....  A loss and it again would have been an "I told you so" scenario.

This week KC and with a healthy Mahomes it's all gravy.  The Bills win and it's Superbowl and two weeks talking about this Bills team vs. 91-95.....

A loss and then it's simply "How do the Bills & the rest of the AFC topple the Chiefs".

So yes am in a zen state and will be right through Sunday, only concerned about no COVID-19 issues and the WEATHER......😜

But they are so close. I am going to be screaming my head off for them to win. May have to call in "sick" for work Monday as I expect many beers on Sunday night.

Couldn't agree more.  I'm not anxious this week at all.  It's not because I think the Bills are going to win, I think it's a coin toss.  I feel confident that either way the Bills are going to make a good accounting of themselves.  I don't think Josh is going to find the moment too big for him, and I think he is going to play fantastic.  I think this is going to be a game that is decided by an odd bounce of the ball one way or another.

Win or lose I'm happy with this season.  I'm confident in saying, if not this year, next year.  That's a hell of a place for me to be after 20 years of beatings as a Bills fan.  It's pretty nice.

Nice thread OP.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Definitely feel similar compared to last week's. This is the game I thought they should get to because they were better than every team but KC.  Not saying the Chiefs are better it's a toss up for me. They were clearly better than the rest so they should of gotten here anything more is gravy.

• Agree 1

Agree, when you are not expected to win it kind of takes the pressure off.  KC and their fans are feeling more pressure this week in my opinion.  The narrative is already written - (1) How great is Mahomes winning coming off of a concussion etc, or (2) the Chief's lost because Mahomes was coming off a concussion. 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Same boat.    Not sure what it is but I've had the feeling since Sunday night that Elite Josh is coming to KC.  I just havent felt as on edge as I did, especially about the Ravens.

That said, your feelings will let you down.  I was young when the Super Bowl teams played, so I think I took for granted what a grind getting even to this point of the NFL Season is.  I think someone said it above, but there is no guarantee the Bills will ever be back in this spot, so lets hope it goes very well! 

11 minutes ago, Greg S said:

But they are so close. I am going to be screaming my head off for them to win. May have to call in "sick" for work Monday as I expect many beers on Sunday night.

My boss already said “I don’t expect you to be online Monday, win or lose.” He’s a Browns fan. He gets it. 

• Like (+1) 1

We can beat anyone in this league. I think knowing that Daboll is coming back is a weight off of Josh's shoulders as well tbh. I expect his best performance of the Playoffs thus far and Singletary goes over 50 yards rushing. The Bills score a TD late in the 4th to ice the game. Bills 38 - Chiefs 28. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1