Kansas City already talking Super Bowl parade before playing Bills

HOUSE

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Nick Wojton

January 20, 2021 3:00 pm

The Kansas City Chiefs football club has made zero reference to planning a parade to celebrate a second-straight Super Bowl victory. That didn’t stop the local government, though.

On Sunday the Chiefs will host the Buffalo Bills for the AFC Championship Game. Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas evidently does not believe in jinxes, or he’s overlooking the Bills, and to an extent, the Green Bay Packers and Tampa Bay Bucs, a lot.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/20/kansas-city-chiefs-already-talking-super-bowl-parade-before-buffalo-bills/

Over under on how many times this will be posted on social media after the Bills blowout win.  10,000 x

EZFwpwSXsAAFnlc.jpg large.jpg

Edited by BITE ME

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Nick Wojton

January 20, 2021 3:00 pm

The Kansas City Chiefs football club has made zero reference to planning a parade to celebrate a second-straight Super Bowl victory. That didn’t stop the local government, though.

On Sunday the Chiefs will host the Buffalo Bills for the AFC Championship Game. Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas evidently does not believe in jinxes, or he’s overlooking the Bills, and to an extent, the Green Bay Packers and Tampa Bay Bucs, a lot.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/20/kansas-city-chiefs-already-talking-super-bowl-parade-before-buffalo-bills/

meh. It’d be irresponsible not to have on the radar but it’s a bit obtuse to publicly comment. I’d assume buffalo is starting some degree of contingency planning too.

3 hours ago, section122 said:

I get the second dose of the vaccine on February 8th.  I will be at the parade when the Bills win!

Beware, I had my second and I was in bad shape the next day.   Had to call in sick from work.   Some people were fine and some were knocked out like me. 

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I think it's a great idea.  Since Cuomo will likely nix any parade in Buffalo, KC is letting us have the parade there.  The best part should be the peaceful transfer of power from Patrick Mahomes to Josh Allen as the face of the NFL.  They may even bring in Jake from State Farm.  

Psst.. if the Bills make it and win it, there will be a "protest" held in downtown Buffalo the next day or so. Pass it along. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

It'll be a real shame to spoil their plans, we'll make up for it with a special float just for them in Buffalo's parade

You know someone is going to start a charity called "Kansas city SB Parade relief fund" and we will end up donating millions to it. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Heck yeah! I'm certain the Bills players have seen this and are getting angry already. This will motivate them.

They'll also see all the experts picking the Chiefs to win.

The closer the game gets, the more confident I'm getting that the Bills will win. It's a strange, irrational feeling I'm not used to, but they are the team of destiny, after all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

That's such a baldly disingenuous hot take. Doesn't even sound like he means it, at all. 

I didn't read other reactions to this take in a previous thread on the board, but...some Bills fans are probably bottom-hurt about this, aren't they?