An end ... and a new beginning.

SoTier

It's done.  Donald J Trump, bigot, grifter and would-be dictator, failed to win re-election, failed to overturn the election through the courts, failed to subvert American democracy by violent insurrection, and then slunk off in disgrace, as classless as ever.   Amen!

Joseph R. Biden is the 46th President of the United States.  Hallejulah!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Biden's inaugural address was so, so, so much better than Trump's inaugural address, which talked all about fire and brimstone and fear and American carnage. 

It reminded me that after hearing Trump's inaugural address, George W Bush returned to his seat and said to Hillary Clinton "Well....that was some weird *****". 😄

The poet laureate who spoke after Biden recited a really powerful poem, too. Wow.

Great day for America.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

On 1/20/2021 at 11:16 AM, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Congrats to Joe. Don't ***** it up.

Good luck with that  ! 😷 Already broke his first law to wear mask on federal property, but he forgot so i'll give him a pass were all learning .

I know i'm nit picking but i learned from the best Tib taught me 😂 . Thanks dude rock on Joe !! 

But in all seriousness unlike others here i will get behind my now President until he doesn't warrant my support & i truly hope he puts the country and it's people first .

As an American rather than hate on him from day 1 i'll give him a chance to prove himself as i've done with every President as a registered independent because it's not about Democrat or Republican it's about America and it's future ! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Hmmm... Terrorism or forgetting to wear mask for a couple minutes. Trump forgot to wear his every day.

And just by the reply's i have read from you in the past you were probably 1 of the first to jump on that band wagon complaining louder than most because it was Trump and it wasn't a law then but hey it was him so LET"S GET HIM

! Don't be a hypocrite ! Did you even read the sentences past the first 2 I wrote ?? probably not ...

Just so you know I put that down because i knew as i was typing it exactly where you and others would take it and you took the bate !! 

Terrorism - is defined in the code of Federal Regulations as 

"The unlawful use of FORCE and VIOLENCE against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives ."

I guess the acts of force against people & property committed in Portland, Seattle, Nashville, Chicago, NY, and many others especially because of the destruction of federal property buildings, statues & such & was allowed to go on but wasn't considered terrorism just "peaceful Protests" I await your common sense reply ...

But only in the case of Trump but he was a dictator because he wanted to stop it . 

• Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, T master said:

And just by the reply's i have read from you in the past you were probably 1 of the first to jump on that band wagon complaining louder than most because it was Trump and it wasn't a law then but hey it was him so LET"S GET HIM

! Don't be a hypocrite ! Did you even read the sentences past the first 2 I wrote ?? probably not ...

Just so you know I put that down because i knew as i was typing it exactly where you and others would take it and you took the bate !! 

Terrorism - is defined in the code of Federal Regulations as 

"The unlawful use of FORCE and VIOLENCE against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives ."

I guess the acts of force against people & property committed in Portland, Seattle, Nashville, Chicago, NY, and many others especially because of the destruction of federal property buildings, statues & such & was allowed to go on but wasn't considered terrorism just "peaceful Protests" I await your common sense reply ...

But only in the case of Trump but he was a dictator because he wanted to stop it . 

Why do you even bother with this bull####? Still supporting a terroristic dictator who fooled you and people like you every step of the way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, TBBills said:

Why do you even bother with this bull####? Still supporting a terroristic dictator who fooled you and people like you every step of the way.

Boy comprehension is not one of your strong points !! I thought my lack of english skills in punctuation and especially comprehension while reading and being able to understand a full thought after reading some of the content here couldn't be beat but ladies and gents we have a new Champion !! 

Rock on TBills !! We may never agree but we can agree to disagree and i'll will pray for both of us ... Cause lord knows we both need it !!

Be Blessed !! GO BILLS !! Next year .

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

President Biden has not completed his first week in office, but already there is much to celebrate. Let’s count the ways:

1. You can ignore Twitter

2. The White House briefing room is not an Orwellian nightmare of lies

3. We are now confronting white domestic terrorism

4. We are not paying for golf trips

5. There are no presidential relatives in government

6. The tenor of hearings is sober and serious

7. Qualified and knowledgeable nominees have been selected for senior spots

8. We have a first lady who engages with the public

9. We have not heard a word from presidential children

10. We are now tough on Russian human rights abuses

11. We get normal readouts of sane conversations between the president and foreign leaders

12. The White House philosophy is to underpromise and overdeliver, not the other way around

13. Manners are in, bullying is out

14. You feel calmer after hearing the president

15. Fact-checkers are not overworked

16. Quality entertainers want to perform for the White House

17. We have seen the president’s tax records

18. The president is able to articulate policy details, coherently even

19. The worst the press can come up with is the president’s watch

20. We have a White House staff that looks like America

21. We have a national covid-19 plan

22. Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Anthony S. Fauci is liberated, sounds happy and even looks younger

23. Fauci, not the president, briefs on the science of covid-19 and efficacy of vaccines

24. Masks and social distancing in the White House

25. The White House has policy initiatives and proposals, not merely leaving it all to Congress

26. The administration is committed to releasing information, not covering it up, on the slaughter of journalist Jamal Khashoggi

27. The Muslim ban is gone

28. It is the Republicans not the Democrats who are in disarray

29. The national security adviser has not been fired for lying to the FBI

30. No Soviet-style fawning over the president by his subordinates

31. The president takes daily, in-person intelligence briefings

32. The president does not care about Air Force One colors

33. We have a president familiar with the Constitution

34. Real cable news outlets get high ratings, others not so much

35. President Andrew Jackson is out of the Oval Office, Benjamin Franklin is in

36. Voice of America is back in the hands of actual journalists

37. We get memes about Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), not crowd size

38. We are back in the Paris climate accord and the World Health Organization

39. Instead of running it like a business, the new administration will try running government competently

40. We have a president who doesn’t think military service is for “suckers” and who doesn’t send his “love” to people assaulting law enforcement

41. The secretary of treasury nominee has her own Hamilton lyrics

42. Amanda Gorman is a household name

43. More than two-thirds of Americans approve of the White House covid-19 approach.

44. No more work-free “executive time” in the presidential living quarters

45. We have a churchgoing president “who has spent a lifetime steeped in Christian rituals and practices.”

46. We have first dogs

47. The vice president’s spouse does not teach at a school that bars LGBTQ students

48. The White House takes the Hatch Act seriously

49. The administration wants as many people as possible to vote

50. The president will talk more to our allies than to Russian President Vladimir Putin

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

President Biden has not completed his first week in office, but already there is much to celebrate. Let’s count the ways:

1. You can ignore Twitter

2. The White House briefing room is not an Orwellian nightmare of lies

3. We are now confronting white domestic terrorism

4. We are not paying for golf trips

5. There are no presidential relatives in government

6. The tenor of hearings is sober and serious

7. Qualified and knowledgeable nominees have been selected for senior spots

8. We have a first lady who engages with the public

9. We have not heard a word from presidential children

10. We are now tough on Russian human rights abuses

11. We get normal readouts of sane conversations between the president and foreign leaders

12. The White House philosophy is to underpromise and overdeliver, not the other way around

13. Manners are in, bullying is out

14. You feel calmer after hearing the president

15. Fact-checkers are not overworked

16. Quality entertainers want to perform for the White House

17. We have seen the president’s tax records

18. The president is able to articulate policy details, coherently even

19. The worst the press can come up with is the president’s watch

20. We have a White House staff that looks like America

21. We have a national covid-19 plan

22. Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Anthony S. Fauci is liberated, sounds happy and even looks younger

23. Fauci, not the president, briefs on the science of covid-19 and efficacy of vaccines

24. Masks and social distancing in the White House

25. The White House has policy initiatives and proposals, not merely leaving it all to Congress

26. The administration is committed to releasing information, not covering it up, on the slaughter of journalist Jamal Khashoggi

27. The Muslim ban is gone

28. It is the Republicans not the Democrats who are in disarray

29. The national security adviser has not been fired for lying to the FBI

30. No Soviet-style fawning over the president by his subordinates

31. The president takes daily, in-person intelligence briefings

32. The president does not care about Air Force One colors

33. We have a president familiar with the Constitution

34. Real cable news outlets get high ratings, others not so much

35. President Andrew Jackson is out of the Oval Office, Benjamin Franklin is in

36. Voice of America is back in the hands of actual journalists

37. We get memes about Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), not crowd size

38. We are back in the Paris climate accord and the World Health Organization

39. Instead of running it like a business, the new administration will try running government competently

40. We have a president who doesn’t think military service is for “suckers” and who doesn’t send his “love” to people assaulting law enforcement

41. The secretary of treasury nominee has her own Hamilton lyrics

42. Amanda Gorman is a household name

43. More than two-thirds of Americans approve of the White House covid-19 approach.

44. No more work-free “executive time” in the presidential living quarters

45. We have a churchgoing president “who has spent a lifetime steeped in Christian rituals and practices.”

46. We have first dogs

47. The vice president’s spouse does not teach at a school that bars LGBTQ students

48. The White House takes the Hatch Act seriously

49. The administration wants as many people as possible to vote

50. The president will talk more to our allies than to Russian President Vladimir Putin

Two comments:

#39 might more appropriately read: "nstead of running it like a two-bit criminal enterprise, the new administration will try running government competently."   As president, Trump demonstrated that his supposed business "acumen" was simply being good at PR, running scams, and lying.  When the manure hit the fan this past year with Covid-19, Trump couldn't cover up his failings with PR and lies.

#40.  Well said, Tibs.  That's the perfect description of the skewed values of a traitor.

Edited by SoTier

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Two comments:

#39 might more appropriately read: "nstead of running it like a two-bit criminal enterprise, the new administration will try running government competently."   As president, Trump demonstrated that his supposed business "acumen" was simply being good at PR, running scams, and lying.  When the manure hit the fan this past year with Covid-19, Trump couldn't cover up his failings with PR and lies.

#40.  Well said, Tibs.  That's the perfect description of the skewed values of a traitor.

It’s funny how his supporters actually think Trump is a competent businessman. 

Oh, and that list is from Jennifer Rubin, my bad for forgetting the link 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/25/fifty-things-that-are-better-already/?itid=ap_jenniferrubin

• Thank you (+1) 1

The biggest thing for me with Biden is to keep his word on bipartisanship and unlock Congress.  He's off to a good start.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mcconnell-relents-on-senate-rules-signals-power-sharing-deal-with-democrats/ar-BB1d5y4q?scrlybrkr=3d4498da&ocid=uxbndlbing

Did the Dems need to do this?  Nope and small minded people would point to the past as an excuse not to.  But, confirming there's an adult leading the white house making the kids on either side play nice.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-signals-it-could-agree-to-more-narrowly-targeted-stimulus-checks/ar-BB1d6V4g?li=BBnb7Kz
Yep, Trump wanted the full 2k also.  Definitely target the people who truly need it the most and cut the price tag.  Win-win.

Clearly a huge benefit of Biden's age is he remembers the value of negotiations.  Encouraging, let's hope he sticks with it.