Greatest Plays in Bills History

Taron Johnson's 101 yd pick 6 has to be in the top #5, if not #1 play in Bills history.  With "Wide Right",  "The Music City Miracle" we had so many plays go the other way for this franchise but now I see new light. Instead of blowing plays at critical points in the game, we are making them.  

I'd love to see a list and even video of more of the GREAT BILLS PLAYS so we can get pumped up for Sunday and add even more to the list. 

Who remembers? Who's got them?  POST THEM HERE AND GO BILLS!!!!  

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 1

I think we have to see how the season ends to see just how impactful Johnson's play really was. If we go on to win the superbowl, it has to be up there with some of the most impactful plays in franchise history.

I'm hoping this week we have another play or two that will go down in Bills history.

• Like (+1) 2

OJ's run for "five yards, maybe six"  to break 2000 certainly has to be in the top 5 positive plays for the Bills all time.  Despite what happened later.....

Edited by chaccof
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I think we have to see how the season ends to see just how impactful Johnson's play really was. If we go on to win the superbowl, it has to be up there with some of the most impactful plays in franchise history.

I'm hoping this week we have another play or two that will go down in Bills history.

Well, by your logic, have there been any impactful plays other than the '64 and '65 season?

Taron Johnson's play is huge in the history of the Bills, regardless of how this season ends.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Beast said:

Well, by your logic, have there been any big plays other than the '64 and '65 season?

Taron Johnson's play if huge in the history of the Bills, regardless of how this season ends.

That's not my logic at all. I said we have to wait to see just how big of a play it was. Clearly it is already a big play.

I know people will groan at this, but if we're looking for "that single play that all by itself changed the trajectory of the franchise" then Dalton-to-Boyd has to be right up there with Johnson's pick six.  Snapping a 17-year playoff drought was more significant that any play that occurred in the previous 17 years.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

Perfect example: Drayton Florence pick six to win the Pats game. A great lost memory in an eventual collapse season. Not worth much in the grand scheme. 

• Like (+1) 2

No way in hell is it #1 in Bills History.

I definitely DO think it belongs on the short list of "Greatest Bills plays to be remembered forever" however. 

Exactly where it ranks, I don't know.

*Jim Kelly's run into the end zone at the end of the game to beat Miami in Miami, toward the beginning of our (first) Super Bowl run is on this list, for sure.

* Ronny Harmon's drop in Cleveland

* The collection of plays against Denver one year where we scored like 21 points in a matter of seconds (it all goes together as one "greatest hit" LOL) 

5 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Andy Dalton to Tyler Boyd

As odd as this one sounds, I agree it DOES belong on the list, largely because of the widely seen celebration in the Bills locker room with everyone standing around watching that play on TV in the locker room.  

And we'll all remember Kyle Williams hugging his kids in there.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Wacka said:

To me the greatest moments were the 2md half of the Comeback game.

Maybe combine all the scores into 1 "super moment".  

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Well, by your logic, have there been any impactful plays other than the '64 and '65 season?

Taron Johnson's play if huge in the history of the Bills, regardless of how this season ends.

I definitely think Taron's play stands on its own.  It was the deciding play in a super tight, hard fought playoff game that decided who went to the AFC Championship game!  It stands on its own as a big time play.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Excellent list. I can't really agree with the Talley int/TD and not so sure about the Byrd punt return (I was only 5 and don't remember it, but just from the description it doesn't seem like it made a difference in the big picture), but otherwise they all belong up there.

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

It’s a shame it tends to get overshadowed by the Dalton 4th down TD pass, but the Kyle Williams TD week 17 against the fish the year the drought was broken. 

that was historic. 

25 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

love it. I forgot about the long lost Carlton Baily play. Interesting that these are mostly Defensive plays. Like they say, defense wins championships. Here's to hoping we keep Mahomes in check and add to this list.

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

To me the greatest moments were the 2md half of the Comeback game.

I was there...top 1 or 2 for sure.

Has anybody mentioned  "the hit".....in the 60's when Bills lb Mike Stratton put a shoulder into the ribs of Keith Lincoln in the afc title game, and broke is ribs.   Bills were winners that day, the photo of the hit was around for three or four decades.  Younger posters here won't remember, of course.

• Awesome! (+1) 1