Allen... does he have the Jordan killer instinct?

Negan

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have no idea how or why I keep getting misrepresented here. 

I just said we should take a deep breath and get through the weekend.

The deep breath is because the take is a really bad one. Comparing Allen in year 3, especially after how he performed in years 1 and 2, to probably the most transcendent player in all of sports history is so incredibly stupid (at least to this point) So yes, we should pump the breaks, take a deep breath, and get through the weekend. 

Context and word definitions are hard... 

We will see just how "elite" Josh is on Sunday. Josh played well but clenched up late in the Colts game, he played fairly average against the Ravens but the Ravens were an elite defense and the weather/gameplan was horrid. Hopefully Josh with 2 playoff wins under his belt feels the confidence to let it rip against the Chiefs solid but not elite defense.

Regardless of whether the Bills win or lose their final game this season, I can vividly imagine JA sitting down with Daboll, and over a few days, going over every....single....failed play this entire year.  Dissecting and figuring out where the mistakes were made.  Just as I imagine Brady doing the same thing, at least early in his career.

Does killer instinct = work ethic?  Not sure, but Jordan had a tireless work ethic, as did Brady.  I believe Josh does as well.  He is driven.

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

How does that make any sense on a message board?

Were you saying let's talk about it Monday?

Yeah, right Nervous Nancy.

Like this weekend is going to change anything.

It's entertainment........and nothing discussed on this board is productive whether accurate or not........so getting yourself exercised about the timing of a hot take in a cauldron full of them from naturally over-stimulated Bills fans is amusing to me.

Carry-on with your nail chewing.......you can be nervous for both of us.:thumbsup:

Taking a deep breath is not some “nancy” or “nail chewing” anxiety. It’s stop trying to compare a 3rd year QB to the greatest player of all time in possibly every sport.Take a deep breath, calm down, enjoy the ride, and stop with one of the worst takes ever.  

And no. Don’t discuss this topic Monday either. Because it’s stupid and ignorant. Not because I am nervous, or because 1 KC game means that we can start calling Allen the MJ of NFL QB’s. 

Just to note “Nancy” I’ve won a handful of national championships, so maybe you might want to stay in your lane on nervousness and sports...

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just to note “Nancy” I’ve won a handful of national championships, so maybe you might want to stay in your lane on nervousness and sports...

Oh of course, and as you know as such a big football star yourself.........it's much more nerve racking for some to watch from afar than to be in the actual game itself.

You just happen to be one of those people..........comfortable in it...........very nervous as an observer...........Steve Tasker says he's the same way........another thing you champions share in common that those who haven't tasted victory at the very highest levels of football could understand.

So take your own advice.........take a deep breath and just TRY go get thru the weekend.........the sun will come up Monday either way........promise.

I'm rooting for you.......good luck.:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

And being a fan doesn't entitle you to tell others how to express their fandom

Actually, fan or not, I’m entitled to my opinion whether you agree with it or not. People can choose to agree or disagree with it. 

4 hours ago, Negan said:

It seems to me after the Houston loss last year, Allen really turned into a different QB this past off-season.  You could say he developed the Jordan killer instinct.

Watching the Chicago Bulls Last Dance documentary, I couldn't help to think of Allen as becoming an all time great at his position similar to Jordan and how he was just wired differently.  

It's not if Allen will win a Bowl, it comes down to how many he will win.

Man, I wish I had that same belief, but after seeing great QB's come away with none, or all-timers like Brees or Rodgers come away with only one, I'd be happy just seeing ONE SB win. He's taken a big step in the regular season, but he hasn't come out & dominated in the post season or anything. Football is a massive team game.

Allen could play like Brady or Montana, and if he doesn't have exceptional coaching & the supporting cast, winning multiple SB's will be damn near impossible. There's just so many things that have to go right. That's why people like Joe Flacco or Eli Manning can go on a playoff tear after being slightly above average in the regular season, while people like Phillip Rivers or Dan Marino can go an entire career without a ring.

Edited by BigDingus

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Actually, fan or not, I’m entitled to my opinion whether you agree with it or not. People can choose to agree or disagree with it. 

Yep, you sure are and I never tried in any way to stop you from expressing your opinion. That's the point.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I'll play along with the Jordan comparison.

And let's not hope that the Chiefs are the NFL's version of the Pistons where it takes a million tries to finally slay the beast.

Slay the beast NOW.

I feel like the Ravens are more like that tough and dirty team. Or the Pats with Brady.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Taking a deep breath is not some “nancy” or “nail chewing” anxiety. It’s stop trying to compare a 3rd year QB to the greatest player of all time in possibly every sport.Take a deep breath, calm down, enjoy the ride, and stop with one of the worst takes ever.  

And no. Don’t discuss this topic Monday either. Because it’s stupid and ignorant. Not because I am nervous, or because 1 KC game means that we can start calling Allen the MJ of NFL QB’s. 

Josh is at least Wayne Gretzky

Gretzky played on ice. Josh has ice in his veins. 

The comparisons only start there....

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ignorant simply means uneducated on the subject in question. 

Big difference from being called "stupid" or some other indefensible insult designed to de-humanize.

If someone calls you ignorant........show them otherwise.

I certainly won't disagree with you in theory on this. However, sometimes on this board it is more of a distinction without a difference...

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

So basically, you’re just trying to argue for the sake of it? 

Nope. Let me make this clear and leave it at that. You are welcome to your opinion and you are welcome to disagree with the opinion of another. Disagreeing is different than telling them they shouldn't express their opinion. It is pretty simple. 

Cheers :beer:

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is it required?    

Winning with love is the new thing now........10 years ago McD probably would have been the type of coach that he was as a player in college.........quiet and demanding........old school.

This generation of athletes doesn't really respond to that though..........so McD is now Dr. Love.

It's required if the discussion is "killer instinct".  Absolutely.

You win with love maybe one time.  To serially repeat, the face of the organization has to have a killer instinct.

20 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I certainly won't disagree with you in theory on this. However, sometimes on this board it is more of a distinction without a difference...

Oh I agree with that..........I once uttered "ignorance" in response to a "when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" level observation and was warned by a mod that I was being insulting.    Not everyone understands what the term means.   Some may use it as a substitute for a de-humanizing insult......but that's not what it is.   Ignorance can be disproven.   Ignorance can be changed.   The power of de-humanizing terms is that they are used to say that one's opinion isn't worthy of consideration regardless and there is nothing that can change that.    That's why slurs are so offensive. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I feel like the Ravens are more like that tough and dirty team. Or the Pats with Brady.

Josh is at least Wayne Gretzky

Gretzky played on ice. Josh has ice in his veins. 

The comparisons only start there....

Now here is a message board topic. 

Who was better? Jordan at Basketball or Gretzky at Hockey? 

@BADOLBILZ, I need you to jump in before I chew off my finger nails!

29 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Nope. Let me make this clear and leave it at that. You are welcome to your opinion and you are welcome to disagree with the opinion of another. Disagreeing is different than telling them they shouldn't express their opinion. It is pretty simple. 

Cheers :beer:

Do you just contradict yourself for fun? 

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

And being a fan doesn't entitle you to tell others how to express their fandom