Allen... does he have the Jordan killer instinct?

Negan

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one in the NFL has that kind of mania.  There was Jordan and that's it.  Kobe came close in major pro sports.

We don't like the guy much here, but Tom Brady was DEFINITELY like that.  He absolutely loved those moments in his prime.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Of course they can, but a huge percentage of the posters here confuse themselves with the team.

Actually, I think it is more like a small percentage here confuse fan mentality with team mentality - that, somehow, what fans think is what the team thinks. We are fans, we are excited about our team, and we all express it in different ways. 

Just now, Real McNasty said:

Because saying Allen is better than Manning sounds really, really homer and ignorant at this phase.

If any particular fan has that opinion, it is his or her right to have it and express it without being called ignorant. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Negan said:

It seems to me after the Houston loss last year, Allen really turned into a different QB this past off-season.  You could say he developed the Jordan killer instinct.

Watching the Chicago Bulls Last Dance documentary, I couldn't help to think of Allen as becoming an all time great at his position similar to Jordan and how he was just wired differently.  

It's not if Allen will win a Bowl, it comes down to how many he will win.

In our family, we call him 4th quarter Josh....because he is always pulling it out when its needed.  He really did that in Arizona this year as well with that c onnection to Diggs....only to lose to the hail mary event.  I hope this y ear is the first of a number for him, the team seems to have the capability.  Not only the players, but the coaches are right imho.   So, like most of us, we are all in on Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Guys, lets take a deep breath and just get through the weekend. 

Yes let's keep our focus where it matters.......on the opinion of ESPN analysts who are only still employed because they are inexpensive..........or, of course, worrying about how the broadcast team for CBS will disrespect Josh Allen and the Bills.

It's a message board folks............if you are sensitive to foul topics you do not want to take deep breaths here.........just keep your masks up and carry on.:thumbsup:

• Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If any particular fan has that opinion, it is his or her right to have it and express it without being called ignorant. 

Look, I'm the biggest JA17 fan you could probally talk with on or off the boards. People just need to enjoy the ride and not make everything a comparison. Allen is young and still has a ways to go to perfect his trade. I still see him getting better over the next 3-5 years personally. Josh will still have growing pains were some will just bag the hell out of him. Some of those will be the same now saying he is better than Peyton or Brady.

When Josh is 37 tossing up a 5500 yd and 55 TDs in a season for us I would love to compare the 2 QBs.  Josh has a very,very long way to go to be a top 5 all time HOF QB. I hope and pray in 10+ years we as fans can have this conversion though.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Being a fan doesn’t exempt you from criticism for saying foolish things. 

True.

But superstitious weaklings probably need to go find a closet to hide in until Sunday night because this is the kind of stuff that gets kicked around when your team is 2 wins from a Lombardi trophy.

The Bills don't lose because of anything said on a message board.........if one wants to be critical......criticize the take not the timing.........I think it's more than fair to categorize Allen as a great competitor based on what we've seen.

Allen certainly has a lot to prove.......he hasn't been as sharp in the playoffs as he was in the second half of the season.......not exactly Jordan-esque to this point but the misty water colored memories that people have of past SB winning QB's playoff performances aren't always accurate.    Allen could go out and have 2 great games now.   We know he is capable.

@Mango has taking a deep breath confused with holding his breath though.:lol:

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

True.

But superstitious weaklings probably need to go find a closet to hide in until Sunday night because this is the kind of stuff that gets kicked around when your team is 2 wins from a Lombardi trophy.

The Bills don't lose because of anything said on a message board.........if one wants to be critical......criticize the take not the timing.........I think it's more than fair to categorize Allen as a great competitor based on what we've seen.

Allen certainly has a lot to prove.......he hasn't been as sharp in the playoffs as he was in the second half of the season.......not exactly Jordan-esque to this point but the misty water colored memories that people have of past SB winning QB's playoff performances aren't always accurate.    Allen could go out and have 2 great games now.   We know he is capable.

I am criticizing the take. I don’t care that it was made before the AFCCG and I certainly don’t think a fan’s opinion has any effect on the outcome of any game.

Comparing Allen to one of the greatest professional athletes and competitors to exist is foolishly premature. 

I don’t doubt Allen’s work ethic or desire to win but Jordan is in a league of his own. If Allen goes on to dominate the sport and help us win several Super Bowls then this conversation would sense. 

20 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I am criticizing the take. I don’t care that it was made before the AFCCG and I certainly don’t think a fan’s opinion has any effect on the outcome of any game.

Comparing Allen to one of the greatest professional athletes and competitors to exist is foolishly premature. 

I don’t doubt Allen’s work ethic or desire to win but Jordan is in a league of his own. If Allen goes on to dominate the sport and help us win several Super Bowls then this conversation would sense. 

Couldn't agree more.

And what happens Sunday won't change that either.

The timing is years away.

And besides.........Tom Brady is the much greater competitor than Michael Jordan.

If people need perspective on that consider that Allen trails Brady in AFCCG appearances 14-1.

So it's gonna' be a while if that's what people need to know.

Personally..........just win A Super Bowl.

I don't care if that only puts our QB in a category with Brad Johnson.

The journey is the reward and that's as far as it can go right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

We don't like the guy much here, but Tom Brady was DEFINITELY like that.  He absolutely loved those moments in his prime.

True.  Part of that mentality requires calling out your teammates for screwing up.  Jordan did it non-stop.  Brady has done it a lot.

42 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

True.

I have no idea how or why I keep getting misrepresented here. 

I just said we should take a deep breath and get through the weekend.

The deep breath is because the take is a really bad one. Comparing Allen in year 3, especially after how he performed in years 1 and 2, to probably the most transcendent player in all of sports history is so incredibly stupid (at least to this point) So yes, we should pump the breaks, take a deep breath, and get through the weekend. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

True.  Part of that mentality requires calling out your teammates for screwing up.  Jordan did it non-stop.  Brady has done it a lot.

Is it required?    

Winning with love is the new thing now........10 years ago McD probably would have been the type of coach that he was as a player in college.........quiet and demanding........old school.

This generation of athletes doesn't really respond to that though..........so McD is now Dr. Love.

The question posed was, does Josh Allen have Michael Jordan’s killer instinct. Some seem to have conflated winning championships with having that killer instinct. They are two separate concepts. Michael Jordon had his killer instinct as a competitor long before he ever won a damned thing. Likewise, it’s clear as day that Allen possesses the same trait even though he’s yet to win it all. 

There are players on teams across all sports who possess that killer instinct even though they’ve never played on a championship team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

It is their right to have an opinion, but their is no such thing as a right to not be called out for announcing what would have been better to have been not mentioned, saying foolish things and be rebuked for it is all part of life and learning...

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I just said we should take a deep breath and get through the weekend.

The deep breath is because the take is a really bad one. Comparing Allen in year 3, especially after how he performed in years 1 and 2, to probably the most transcendent player in all of sports history is so incredibly stupid (at least to this point) So yes, we should pump the breaks, take a deep breath, and get through the weekend. 

How does that make any sense on a message board?

Were you saying let's talk about it Monday?

Yeah, right Nervous Nancy.

Like this weekend is going to change anything.

It's entertainment........and nothing discussed on this board is productive whether accurate or not........so getting yourself exercised about the timing of a hot take in a cauldron full of them from naturally over-stimulated Bills fans is amusing to me.

Carry-on with your nail chewing.......you can be nervous for both of us.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Ignorant simply means uneducated on the subject in question. 

Big difference from being called "stupid" or some other indefensible insult designed to de-humanize.

If someone calls you ignorant........show them otherwise.