Allen... does he have the Jordan killer instinct?

Negan

It seems to me after the Houston loss last year, Allen really turned into a different QB this past off-season.  You could say he developed the Jordan killer instinct.

Watching the Chicago Bulls Last Dance documentary, I couldn't help to think of Allen as becoming an all time great at his position similar to Jordan and how he was just wired differently.  

It's not if Allen will win a Bowl, it comes down to how many he will win.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Imo - yes he does. The first half of the week 17 Phins game - where he just launched the pass to Brown to put us at 28 points. 

There is an article that interviewed a bunch of friends he was with back home the next week and they were at a restaurant and they said he was distraught having to see the Houston/KC game on TV and he kept saying "I shouldn't be here with you guys, I should still be playing" and then he said that next year I won't be here at this time because I'll still be playing and they were like "yeah whatever". But they said he was the most competitive person they knew growing up and it isn't any surprise to them that he is playing like he said he would be.

Allen believes he is the baddest MOFO on the field every time he steps on it. So does Mahomes. Should be a great one.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

The kid is clutch. He had 5 game winning drives last year, 1 this year against the Rams in the final seconds, 1 that should have been against AZ, and has stepped up when needed to stretch the lead out in key moments. He's definitely got that MJ/Mamba mentality on the field. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, H2o said:

The kid is clutch. He had 5 game winning drives last year, 1 this year against the Rams in the final seconds, 1 that should have been against AZ, and has stepped up when needed to stretch the lead out in key moments. He's definitely got that MJ/Mamba mentality on the field. 

Mamba mentality is more in-line. When Kobe was at his finest, and that was 99% of his career, he was extolling the virtues of never taking a play off. Never taking a second of a play off. That is the mamba mentality. Josh sometimes gets that so severely that he gets the sugar high Josh out. But he never quits at any time or in any play. As he has matured before our eyes, that has grown from being a concern to a virtue.

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, Mango said:

Guys, lets take a deep breath and just get through the weekend. 

I agree. 

This has no place in a thread where we are discussing whether Josh is the greatest of all time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Negan said:

Josh says they hear all the experts chatter too and all the naysayers, just keep fueling the beast.

I'm sure I'm biased but I see Allen as better than Peyton and with a rocket arm and ice in his veins

He needs to keep listening to his coaches.   Outlet, Scramble, Throwaway

Or me.  Before every game I look at his picture and chant "Take the Checkdown.  Take the Checkdown"

• Haha (+1) 1

Idk if killer is really a term for a QB. 

Doesnt feel the same as being a killer in basketball.

But if there were killers in the NFL hed def be one of them. Hes got no problem trying to end a game with a deep shot when running would be safer.

1 hour ago, Negan said:

It seems to me after the Houston loss last year, Allen really turned into a different QB this past off-season.  You could say he developed the Jordan killer instinct.

Watching the Chicago Bulls Last Dance documentary, I couldn't help to think of Allen as becoming an all time great at his position similar to Jordan and how he was just wired differently.  

It's not if Allen will win a Bowl, it comes down to how many he will win.

Hopefully he doesn’t have the Ray Lewis killer instinct.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I get that we’re all super excited about Josh’s progression this year but can we pump the breaks a little with stuff like this?

Why do they have to "pump the brakes?" As fans, can't they express their excitement about Allen how they wish?

Edited by billsfan1959

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Why do they have to "pump the brakes?" As fans, can't they express their excitement about Allen how they wish?

Of course they can, but a huge percentage of the posters here confuse themselves with the team.