Gabe not practicing today...

Hebert19

This is your weekly reminder (week 19 now) to pay no attention to the injury report.

McD plays that report like a fiddle. There is very little information to be gained above what we already know.

Example - Davis: We know he injured his ankle. We know he finished the game. We know he will play this week. What we don’t and won’t know is how bad that ankle is until we see him on the field, and neither will the Chiefs. Even if he’s 100% no way McD puts him down as full practice. He’s probably not 100, but I don’t think his DNP means anything. They are resting him like they did Cole.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The injury report is "ankle"

Dude I know, what can you summize out of DNP, and both players in question came back in for stretches of the game Saturday.

Davis did get landed on, but he hobbled through the rest of that game. If it was a horrible ankle sprain the immediate swelling would knock him out of the game completely. You see this all the time in basketball with bad sprains.

On the quad, I have no idea. Never hurt my quad. No idea how bad that was. Unlike the weeks prior with Cole Beasley the media didn’t ask about the nature of Butler or Davis’ injuries specifically.

25 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He dropped an even easier td pass vs NE that almost cost them the game (in the first matchup, which the bills barely eked out - 24-21). If he had caught that perfect throw, the bills would have led 28-21.

He's been dynamic as a rookie..........but both in good ways and bad.

I had high expectations for him.........didn't think he'd be as much of a big play guy as he's been.........but by the same token some of the "rookie" mistakes have run quite contrary to the offseason narrative that he was like a 10 year veteran.   

I thought they basically signed Stills so they'd have the option of putting him into Davis' spot if he didn't perform well early in the playoffs.   And against Indy Davis had a really good game.    Baltimore not good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

If Gabe cannot go, I don't think McDermott will play another WR that has not already taken live snaps for the Bills this season.  I don't believe he trusts it.  Maybe Kumerow would get the nod. 

I have a feeling he will go with Stills. This is the exact reason he was signed - in case one of the WRs gets hurt. He will at the very least draw coverage that kumerow would not. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

True but he’s played very little on offense 

Stills has also had nearly three weeks to impress McD and earn some trust as well as establish some rapport with Allen. He’s a veteran player with playoff experience. I can see McD going to him as well.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jerry Jabber said:

Stills hasn’t seen any game time action, same can be said with Duke Williams this season. 

Right I just don’t see there is a discernible difference between offensive snaps with kumerow and stills that would boost up kumerow given their respective player profiles 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right I just don’t see there is a discernible difference between offensive snaps with kumerow and stills that would boost up kumerow given their respective player profiles 

the one big thing Kumerow does bring is quality Special Teams play. We know how much this staff values that. All other things being equal, I think he would get the nod. 

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a feeling he will go with Stills. This is the exact reason he was signed - in case one of the WRs gets hurt. He will at the very least draw coverage that kumerow would not. 

I could be wrong, but I thought Stills was signed for the "break glass in emergency" Brown can't go SPEED no one else on the roster really has.

None of us know the key information here: how well Stills is picking up the playbook in practice - bearing in mind that we also expect blocking and sometimes blitz pickup out of our WR.  Stills didn't exactly look good with the Texans, and caught about 58% of the balls thrown his way in games this year and his drop % was horrific - almost 16%.  He had a much better year last year for both catches and drops, so there's that.  But still, I don't understand why everyone is eager to throw this guy into the most critical game of the year.

KC has a physical, mauling secondary.  They were nasty to Brown, Beasley and Diggs in the first game - Diggs drew penalties but they were beating the snot out of Brown and Beasley with laundry in the pocket.

If Davis can't go or is limited, I think we either see Roberts or Kumerow (if he re-signs) or maybe some of both (Roberts is smaller, but able to be very physical)

Don't shoot the messenger.

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Touchdown Jesus time!

Has he actually signed?  They said he was flying here to sign two days ago, but *crickets*

@YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Ugh. Roberts at WR is a scary thought. Dudes an all pro returner....and not much else. 

He tipped up a possibly-catchable pass for an INT vs Tennessee, then later in the game caught a picture-perfect "toe drag swag" 10 out of 10 difficulty contested catch on the sideline.

That was the last we saw of him until NE 10 weeks later, where he also saw 2 targets (and 2 catches)

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My point is we don't know that. 

Most of these fringe guys like Kumerow who stick with teams, do so in part for their mind, so we gotta think he's got the playbook down, including all the run blocking and pass protecting. 

Does Stills have it down?  Is he a smart quick-study player?  Can he block? I'm asking, I only know the guy by his stats.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He tipped up a possibly-catchable pass for an INT vs Tennessee, then later in the game caught a picture-perfect "toe drag swag" 10 out of 10 difficulty contested catch on the sideline.

That was the last we saw of him until NE 10 weeks later, where he also saw 2 targets (and 2 catches)

That was a weird time. We didn’t know who we would play next, or when. NOT complaining as I’m glad the season has gone this far with us still alive. 

However, it felt like that tipped pass at the beginning of the game set the tone. NOT to say it was decisive, but certainly a mood setter. 

We are a better team now. Be hot Sunday and make it to that next game!