Gabe not practicing today...

Hebert19

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

That's assuming he misses practice and assuming an ankle injury for the Fantasy Men, not a source

But here, 5:16 in:

Gabe Davis and Vernon Davis both won't practice, but nothing said about what the injury was or either of their status from the "Coach's Mouth"

If Davis can not go could this in any way help Williams be activated? Kumerow replaces Gabriel. Kumerow picks up Jones's ST snaps, which allows Williams to be active as RB3. I would hate to have Sing go down early and be left with Yeldon and Jones as our RB's in what appears like might be a game played in the rain. 

Stills does make sense to activate though from a straight one for one from Davis. What Davis has done well this year, long routes that allow him to go after the ball, Stills excels at as well. 

Blast away, or ignore if totally out there. 

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If Davis can not go could this in any way help Williams be activated? Kumerow replaces Gabriel. Kumerow picks up Jones's ST snaps, which allows Williams to be active as RB3. I would hate to have Sing go down early and be left with Yeldon and Jones as our RB's in what appears like might be a game played in the rain. 

Stills does make sense to activate though from a straight one for one from Davis. What Davis has done well this year, long routes that allow him to go after the ball, Stills excels at as well. 

If Davis can’t go then Stills is probably the next man up. 

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Taiwan Jones and Jake Kumerow do not fill the same role on Special Teams.

As we saw in the Colts game, going AFU on ST does not help a team in a playoff game

You guys are nuts, we're competing for the AFC championship and you want to make unnecessary changes at multiple positions to the roster that brought us here.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Taiwan Jones and Jake Kumerow do not fill the same role on Special Teams.

As we saw in the Colts game, going AFU on ST does not help a team in a playoff game

You guys are nuts, we're competing for the AFC championship and you want to make unnecessary changes at multiple positions to the roster that brought us here.

What does Jones do on special teams? I have honestly not heard his name called once. Good or bad. Really asking here and not being confrontational.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I think he's on all the units, honestly.  He's a core ST'er

I hear ya. I guess my mind goes to the second Miami game when Jones was out and Williams played. I do not recall our ST's looking any worse for it. Now without the luxury of having Moss available I worry about drop off if Sing gets hurt. This might be exactly why they kept Yeldon around. They like Yeldon, they just like Moss and Sing better.  Either way ,whatever McDermott decides I will trust it. 

Just watched the Stills highlight tape in the gameday thread. Stills makes a ton of sense to bring up for Gabriel if he knows enough plays. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

this is less than ideal.  Diggs will be targeted 15 times.  At least he can handle it.  Hopefully Smoke has another great game.  If Beasley is better at all, he will at least draw attention.  I'd much perfer Davis, but I'm fine with either Stills or Kumerow as the 3rd WR.  

Edited by RyanC883

That dropped TD pass was the first one I ever remember Gabe not catching.   It was an absolutely perfect pass from Josh, Davis was covered well by Humpries but  17 hit him in the hands.  Kinda reminded me of the Miami endzone catch, definitely a stretch but catchable.

He played the rest of the game a little hobbled, I'm sure the trainers figure a full day of treatment and rest is good right now.  We are now approaching a season almost twice as long as the typical college season, and these rooks can hit a wall this time of year.  He's earned the rest day.   No way he doesn't play Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1