Phillip Rivers retiring

YoloinOhio

Here in Indy they are talking Mitch Tribisky, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford and Deshaun Watson as replacements for Rivers.  I think Watson is an extreme long shot.  They know that Houston will not trade Watson to a division rival.  

3 hours ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

For the love of all that is holy please don't let Dak end up in Indy. Jerry - please pay him and keep him away from the AFC.

I was having a discussion about individual QBs and different scenarios when the idea of Dallas not tagging him a second time came up and I thought of the Nightmare of Dak on an already loaded team.

Not sure where all the love for Dak is coming from.  He has been good, but certainly not great over his career.  He certainly would not have done any better against the Bills two weeks ago then Rivers did.  And more likely would have turned the ball over some.  And as a Bills fan, I am not afraid of any QB coming in our division or our conference.  We are going to be owning the AFC for a long time to come.  Other then KC, we are the dominant team going forward in the AFC, regardless of where Watson, Dak or any other overrated QB goes.    

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree to a point.  His numbers are more in the Marino range when talking about players with no rings.   I think he will get in before those big stat guys retire and are considered.  He may not be first ballot, but should get in on the 2nd or 3rd try.

Marino dominated his era. Rivers did not. Rivers to me is more along the lines of Warren Moon and Fouts when comparing him to Hall Of Fame QB's. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

What vet QB the look at?

if ATL/DET look to start over the Stafford orRyanwoukd go to Indy.they have a good team who would compete for the playoffs.

Dallas could trade Prescott and draft a QB.  I don’t see thrm doing that.

NE is also looking for a QB garappolo is their favorite. Indy could look at him too.

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

Here in Indy they are talking Mitch Tribisky, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford and Deshaun Watson as replacements for Rivers.  I think Watson is an extreme long shot.  They know that Houston will not trade Watson to a division rival.  

They team is well built, I’d like to see any of those guys to there and get a second chance. I don’t see Watson or Mitch being moved though. 

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

They team is well built, I’d like to see any of those guys to there and get a second chance. I don’t see Watson or Mitch being moved though. 

My friends are in a panic because they do not see viable options.  You have to understand that they were spoiled my Manning like the Bills fans with Jim Kelly.  Once Luck quit on them they are anxious and it has not stopped.

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I truly believe that the Chargers would have won the SB in the 2006 season if not for Marlon McCree. That was arguably the luckiest Patriots postseason win ever, and I include the tuck rule game and the 2018 AFC championship game.

When it comes to Rivers, I always think of him in the 2007 AFC Championship game against the Pats, biggest game of his career, biggest game for the Chargers since the SF SB, what a warrior. I would put Rivers in and toss LT out.

• Like (+1) 2

Shame to see him go, but I think the timing is right. His arm ain't what it used to be, and if you look at the amount of 'young guns' around, then this was probably his last, best shot at a ring.

While his numbers alone might get him into the HOF, I think the fact he never missed a game, is the clincher - especially with some of the injuries he was known to have played through. As competitive as they come.

Hope he enjoys a long and fruitful retirement.