GDT: Step 1 to MAGA - Biden Inauguration

Figured we should have a thread to cover Inauguration Day. 

Couple of things to look out for:

- Trump will not attend inauguration, he will be in Florida by the time Biden is sworn in.

- Biden, McConnell, Schumer and Pelosi go to church together.

- Biden will be sworn in around noon, Pence will attend

- Biden and the former Presidents  besides Trump and the First Lady will be go to tomb of the unknown soldier.

- Democrat Senators will be sworn in around 4 pm, which will give the Democrats a majority in the House and the Senate.

- Huge celebrity filled inauguration event of TV tonight instead of the traditional galas and celebrations. Per reports Trump is mad that more celebrities wanted to take part in this than his less than star studded inauguration

- POTUS Twitter account will switch over to Biden

- Around 12:30, Trump will tweet about inauguration crowd sizes..... oh wait he can’t!

- First woman Vice President!!

- Sometime today, Biden will be signing executive orders as well. The ones I heard about:

- Rejoining Paris Accords

- Eliminating racist travel bans on predominantly Muslim countries

- Delaying student loan payments on Federal student loans

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Figured we should have a thread to cover Inauguration Day. 

Couple of things to look out for:

- Trump will not attend inauguration, he will be in Florida by the time Biden is sworn in.

He's afraid someone will put handcuffs on him if he sticks around too long 

Couple other orders:

- Will stop emergency declaration that funded building the wall. So building will stop

- Will rejoin the World Health Organization

- Rejoin Paris Accords

- End Muslim Travel ban

- End 1776 commission

- Rescind Keystone Pipeline permit

- Federal mask mandate in Federal buildings

- sign an order launching a government-wide initiative directing every federal agency to review its state of racial equity and deliver an action plan within 200 days to address any disparities in policies and programs

- Student loan payment freeze

- something on evictions

- Revoke plan to exclude non-citizens from the Census

- stop Federal discrimination on gender identity and sexual orientation

- new COVID response coordinator

- Revoke a Trump executive order that broadened who was an undocumented person that can be removed from the country.

In half a day as President, Biden will have done more for the country than Trump did in 4 years!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 8/30/2020 at 8:18 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Biden tells National Guard: I'll never use the military as 'a prop'

By Marisa Schultz | Fox News

Former Vice President Joe Biden pledged Saturday to National Guard members that he'd never put them in the middle of a domestic political dispute and he'd "restore" respect for civilian-military relations.

"It's been tested lately," Biden said to the virtual National Guard Association of the United States' 142nd General Conference.

"But I promise you as president, I'll never put you in the middle of politics or personal vendettas. I'll never use the military as a prop or as a private militia to violate the rights of fellow citizens. That’s not law and order. You don't deserve that."

Democrats have long accused President Trump of using the armed forces for political goals, citing deployment of troops to the Mexico border and threats to send federal forces to cities led by Democrats to squash protests.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-national-guard-trump-prop

Extreme_Flag_Small20210120011739.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

great halftime show...

5 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Also removing the racist 1776 Commission by executive order

I haven’t read it but heard this is the case. Ive also heard antidotally The 1619 project is the proper replacement for this. I don’t know much about it. Is that true? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Indeed.

_____

What a great day to be an American

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

great halftime show...

I haven’t read it but heard this is the case. Ive also heard antidotally The 1619 project is the proper replacement for this. I don’t know much about it. Is that true? 

??

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

great halftime show...

The 1619 project was a NY Times piece that evolved. Some schools started introducing into classrooms. 
You can read it here:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/14/magazine/1619-america-slavery.html

I don’t believe the Executive Order requires anyone to use the 1619 project.

Edited by Backintheday544

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

The 1619 project was a NY Times piece that schools started introducing into classrooms. 
You can read it here:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/14/magazine/1619-america-slavery.html

I don’t believe the Executive Order requires anyone to use the 1619 project.

Thx. I’d just heard it was the liberal counter to the conservative 1776. 

i figured the zebra agitator knew, but I think that one likes bashing more that educating or conversing. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Thx. I’d just heard it was the liberal counter to the conservative 1776. 

i figured the zebra agitator knew, but I think that one likes bashing more that educating or conversing. 

The 1776 commission was a government commission put together to help teach history in schools.

The commission featured no historians. The people who wrote the report for the commission did not even put their names on it. 

It’s not really a right wing look at history but more of a 41 page rant on things the right doesn’t like.

• Like (+1) 3