The Donald Trump legacy

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Source?  

Because I see equivalent alleged death totals from state to state (although the deep lockdown states have more so thats odd) and from country to country.   

But yea masks.   

No source needed. Trump would not lead by example. He held super spreader events. This led to death. 

Source? Lol, ya, ignore the obvious truth. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No source needed. Trump would not lead by example. He held super spreader events. This led to death. 

Source? Lol, ya, ignore the obvious truth. 

I guess that's your truth and I'm not going to tell you otherwise.  

What I will tell you is that actual science doesn't work like that.  

How many of these superspreader events has he held in California because they aren't doing so well?   

Or how about in the UK?  Or Germany and Italy?  Or even New York.  Where Cuomo can't stop killing people.  Someone get that man his book.  

So you do you and use politics to try and solve the issue.  I'll try to follow science.  

Edited by Big Blitz

On 1/20/2021 at 3:13 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

It will clearly be defined forever by his last year.

• Deadliest year in American history 
  • 400,000+ Americans dead from a Pandemic he completely botched responding to
  • 6.7% unemployment with 11+ million officially out of work looking for jobs and millions more who just stopped looking and dropped out of the workforce 
  • Twice impeached
  • No peaceful transfer of power... instead a violent one with what he incited on January 6th

Add in whatever else you think he's going to be remembered for 10, 20, 50 years from now...

Actually I will remember his last chopper flight over Washington, no people, 25,000 troops, blockades, blood stains on the capital, and he was not invited to the big party. He created a wonderful scene that looked more like Mad Max than the MAGA he created in his own mind.

I also was thinking of the 73,000,000 who wanted more of this.

16 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Try harder to find some drama that isnt there. All that clip shows is some troops standing around, milling about, and keeping an eye on all angles. Big deal.

After the vetting and removal of extremists from their ranks, there were no "protests" of any kind from the Nat Guard troops yesterday.

Fake news.

Trump saved babies.  That's an actual legacy.  

Biden allegedly attends Church. 

Response should surprise no one.  He either hasn't had to answer any questions or he either has a 80s, 90s, 2000s, or BLM/Antifa Biden position on things we don't really know.  

Press Secretary Jen Psaki Dodges Questions About Biden Abortion Policy: He ‘Attends Church Regularly’

https://www.dailywire.com/news/press-secretary-jen-psaki-dodges-questions-about-biden-abortion-policy-he-attends-church-regularly

29 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Trump saved babies.  That's an actual legacy.  

Biden allegedly attends Church. 

Response should surprise no one.  He either hasn't had to answer any questions or he either has a 80s, 90s, 2000s, or BLM/Antifa Biden position on things we don't really know.  

Press Secretary Jen Psaki Dodges Questions About Biden Abortion Policy: He ‘Attends Church Regularly’

https://www.dailywire.com/news/press-secretary-jen-psaki-dodges-questions-about-biden-abortion-policy-he-attends-church-regularly

LOL!  If you believe that Trump "saved babies" for any reason other than it benefited him personally, you are an idiot.  Trump cares for nobody or nothing except himself, including his own children.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I guess that's your truth and I'm not going to tell you otherwise.  

What I will tell you is that actual science doesn't work like that.  

How many of these superspreader events has he held in California because they aren't doing so well?   

Or how about in the UK?  Or Germany and Italy?  Or even New York.  Where Cuomo can't stop killing people.  Someone get that man his book.  

So you do you and use politics to try and solve the issue.  I'll try to follow science.  

It is just the truth. Just because people died during a pandemic--ya know?--doesn't mean Trump's lack of leadership did not contribute to more deaths. 

He did. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

It is just the truth. Just because people died during a pandemic--ya know?--doesn't mean Trump's lack of leadership did not contribute to more deaths. 

He did. 

He saved 1.6 million.  

2 million projected dead.

200k dead by December "if we did everything PERFECTLY."  --Dr. Scarf Lady March 20, 2020

This is what we were told.  And all that happened.  So his legacy is saving 1.6 million and getting a vaccine that Amazon didn't offer to help distribute until Biden took office.  

These are the facts.  Amazon got people killed.  

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He saved 1.6 million.  

2 million projected dead.

200k dead by December "if we did everything PERFECTLY."  --Dr. Scarf Lady March 20, 2020

This is what we were told.  And all that happened.  So his legacy is saving 1.6 million and getting a vaccine that Amazon didn't offer to help distribute until Biden took office.  

These are the facts.  Amazon got people killed.  

No, his lack of any leadership, his lies and actions all spread death. 

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Clarity, huh?

Yes. 

For whom?   On what?

Really for just about everyone.  Liberals.  Conservatives.  In-betweeners.   We all saw how the last four (more accurately five I suppose) years played out, we all saw the other folks as the problem, and most folks walk away more emotionally entrenched in our positions than ever before.  

A couple examples:

Dems 2015-2020:  Russia stole our election.  Donald Trump is treasonous. Putin put a president in the WH.   The election was a sham, a coup ensued.   Trump supporters are irredeemable and deplorable.  The results of Russia investigation by elder statesman Mueller will reveal the truth and Trump will be gone.  Trump shaking down Ukraine is different than Biden shaking down Ukraine.  Trump is an incompetent boob who can't string a sentence together.  Trump is corrupt.  Trump doesn't respect woman and has assaulted many.  Kavanaugh is a rapist.  Trump is a liar. Conservatives are hypocrites. 

Rs 20220:  The dems stole the election.  Joe Biden has a sold us out to China.  Joe is corrupt.  The election was as sham.  Biden has a history of fondling and groping women and has been accused of violent sexual assault.  Mueller was a hack.  Pelosi and the dem leadership courted anarchists and encouraged violent uprisings across the country.  Biden shook down Ukraine on camera.  Biden was an incompetent boob before dementia set in, now his cranium is basically a bowl of cabbage soup. Biden is a liar. Liberals are hypocrites. 

Most people found what they were looking for.   Heck just the other day--in that other post, you talked about the couple posters on the other board being on the extreme side.  I agree with that, and avoid them like the plague.  Yet, just the other day, I heard comments made by chief architect of a non-peaceful transition of power J Comey suggest that the GOP beeds to be 'burned down or changed'.  There are scoodles of similar comments made by Messrs Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler and the like over the past five years--lots of hateful rhetoric that no doubt inspired violence, rioting and looting, attacks on law enforcement officials and federal facilities...and the tolerant left and faithful WaPo remains silent, guiding true believers  in the proper direction.  

As for the judiciary... what's interesting is I think that even if the Democrats don't do something wild like eliminate the filibuster and pack the courts, any Trump appointee at any level is now going to understand that they were appointed by an insurrectionist who might become the first ever convicted President in an impeachment trial.

Conjecture.  

You conservatives don't like Roberts so much already.  We've already seen Gorsuch and Kavenaugh break ranks and vote for more "liberal" causes. 

Roberts is considered in some circles to be left-leaning by conservatives.  In that regard, he's a disappointment. I'm not sure I'd compare it with liberal disappointment of RBG staying on way too long/not living long enough, but certainly it's a factor when things don't go your way.  On the other hand, liberals wailed at the thought of Kavanaugh being appointed and as you pointed out, he and Gorsuch have displayed that they are their own men. You should be pleased with that.  See your point that starts with ...as for the judiciary...

I want Biden and the Democrats to do everything in their power to pack the courts at all levels at this point, honestly.  But even if they don't, Trump screwed his judicial appointees over with almost all future decisions in terms of objectivity.

Of course you do.  You're simply the flip side of the extremist trump supporter.   I have no idea what your second point means in the context of judicial decision-making, but I'm comfortable that you don't either. 

And I find it odd that you respond to this one rather than the other much more elaborate post directly to you the other day.

I saw you responded to me, but when I clicked on it, it showed nothing.  Perhaps a second thought?

Yes, I responded and deleted my reply an hour or two later.  It seemed pointless, and you seemed to be getting more amped up (that's a Transpy thing)  and I saw no point in proceeding on the terms you felt compelled to attempt to dictate.  Your post was a hodgepodge of opinion  masked as fact that you believe exposes the hypocrisy of the support for Trump.  I don't see it that way, but good for you. 

The difference with this post is that you seemed to be reaching for some sort of big picture view, it wasn't a post about finding any sort of common ground, and it is an interesting point.  Does that offend? 

Peace out.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

19 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How many would you estimate died because of his lack of leadership on Covid? Or do you not believe the virus killed people? 

just as many as any other president.  i mean nothing as worked and looking back the only thing that might work is a vaccine.  states were open...deaths. states were closed...deaths.  mask mandates didn't seem to do much places still had to shut down. 

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

just as many as any other president.  i mean nothing as worked and looking back the only thing that might work is a vaccine.  states were open...deaths. states were closed...deaths.  mask mandates didn't seem to do much places still had to shut down. 

No, leaders lead. Had he simply showed leadership, not lied, not held super spreader events, fewer deaths would have happened.