The Donald Trump legacy

37 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The conviction will happen. Not because the Republicans all of a sudden have morals and ethics, but because it is in the Republican party's best interest to convict and ban him from ever running for office again.

If they do not convict, Trump will run in 2024 as an Independent. Where do you think his votes will comes from?

It would mean a LANDSLIDE Democrat victory no matter who the Dems ran. It would be 70M Dems, 50M Repubs, 15-20M Trump.

McConnell and Co. will definitely push to convict. Not because they care about accountability, but for the good of their own party.

And I dont mind if they do the right thing for the wrong reasons. America will be better off having banned Donny and not have him in the media anymore, and everyone move on. Disinformation on social media is already down 73% since his twitter was shut down. Bye!

I think -- I hope -- you're right. Self interest usually prevails with our elected reps. Mitch McConnell is the ultimate Machiavellian operative and I suspect he's working behind the scenes to get those 17 Republican votes.

And I'm good with that. We need a functional, non-insane Republican Party as a counterweight to the Dem's worst policy impulses. Biden strikes me as a guy with a good sense of where the middle of America stands. I hope he has enough left in him to keep the party and America operating within the proverbial 40 yard lines.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ehh, maybe, but they can get around it. They will look to make Trump the scapegoat for everything, completely throw him under the bus. And in 2 years, with the country out of the pandemic and a return to normalcy, folks will already forget about Trump. Even his most ardent supporters. Just like how it was almost impossible to find someone who voted for W. They'll all abandon him and move on.

I hope you are right 

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It will clearly be defined forever by his last year.

• Deadliest year in American history 
  • 400,000+ Americans dead from a Pandemic he completely botched responding to
  • 6.7% unemployment with 11+ million officially out of work looking for jobs and millions more who just stopped looking and dropped out of the workforce 
  • Twice impeached
  • No peaceful transfer of power... instead a violent one with what he incited on January 6th

Add in whatever else you think he's going to be remembered for 10, 20, 50 years from now...

I was thinking of such a long list, was picturing Chevy Chase's Christmas vacation rant about his boss but think I will just go with:

1. Worst President ever.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

ql8yiysgzic61.png

I love it. And don't think for a minute that this isn't part of the reason he didn't go back to the Trump Tower. Same for his kids (by the way, where's Barron?). There are indictments coming, maybe even here but under seal in the State of NY. I really wouldn't put it past him to go hang out in one of his properties in the Middle East or somewhere else with no extradition treaty. Russia anyone?

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

How many would you estimate died because of his lack of leadership on Covid?

Well let's see.  The models said 2 million.  

Soooooo......he saved 1.6 million lives and cut the red tape to allow you to get your game changing Emergency Authorization Use vaccine we all will be compelled to get.  Because.....pharma.  

Or do you not believe the virus killed people? 

I don't "believe" anything.  I know it's killed people and destroyed lives.  400K dead.  So they say.  

330,310,000 lives being wasted Including the destruction of 50 million school kids.  

Going on year 2 of not being able to see them play an indoor sport.   

Edited by Big Blitz

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It will clearly be defined forever by his last year.

• Deadliest year in American history 
  • 400,000+ Americans dead from a Pandemic he completely botched responding to
  • 6.7% unemployment with 11+ million officially out of work looking for jobs and millions more who just stopped looking and dropped out of the workforce 
  • Twice impeached
  • No peaceful transfer of power... instead a violent one with what he incited on January 6th

Add in whatever else you think he's going to be remembered for 10, 20, 50 years from now...

Biden has already killed over 100 from corona virus since he took over. Killer!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

24 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Well let's see.  The models said 2 million.  

Soooooo......he saved 1.6 million lives and cut the red tape to allow you to get your game changing Emergency Authorization Use vaccine we all will be compelled to get.  Because.....pharma.  

I don't "believe" anything.  I know it's killed people and destroyed lives.  400K dead.  So they say.  

330,310,000 lives being wasted Including the destruction of 50 million school kids.  

Going on year 2 of not being able to see them play an indoor sport.   

No seriously, had Trump pushed for more people to take simple precautions, fewer people would of died. His lack of leadership was killer 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

It was nice of Trump to make that not much of a debate.

The ghosts of James Buchanan, Warren Harding, and Richard Nixon all say "thank you, Donnie!"

Edited by SoTier
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No seriously, had Trump pushed for more people to take simple precautions, fewer people would of died. His lack of leadership was killer 

Source?  

Because I see equivalent alleged death totals from state to state (although the deep lockdown states have more so thats odd) and from country to country.   

But yea masks.   

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

And Barrack Obama is still the worst president in the last 100 years.  

I was going to respond to more points you made.

But this one here makes you moron of the year.

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The stock market finished at a record high today.

Yep.  It knows the Trump Presidency is finally coming to an end.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Great question.

I think the ultimate gift of the Trump presidency is clarity.  Oh, and a reimagined judiciary. 

Clarity, huh?

For whom?   On what?

As for the judiciary... what's interesting is I think that even if the Democrats don't do something wild like eliminate the filibuster and pack the courts, any Trump appointee at any level is now going to understand that they were appointed by an insurrectionist who might become the first ever convicted President in an impeachment trial.

You conservatives don't like Roberts so much already.  We've already seen Gorsuch and Kavenaugh break ranks and vote for more "liberal" causes. 

I want Biden and the Democrats to do everything in their power to pack the courts at all levels at this point, honestly.  But even if they don't, Trump screwed his judicial appointees over with almost all future decisions in terms of objectivity.

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Great question.

I think the ultimate gift of the Trump presidency is clarity.  Oh, and a reimagined judiciary. 

And I find it odd that you respond to this one rather than the other much more elaborate post directly to you the other day.

I saw you responded to me, but when I clicked on it, it showed nothing.  Perhaps a second thought?