The Donald Trump legacy

Just now, daz28 said:

Yes I can.  He's not president.  Again, belief isn't enough to make something true.  If Trump honestly believed the Earth was flat, would I have to prove him wrong? 

You’re kinda dense aren’t you. If Tump truly felt there were little green men from Mars when we all know for a fact there are not is he, in fact, lying?   Insane?  Yes.  Lying? No. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re kinda dense aren’t you. If Tump truly felt there were little green men from Mars when we all know for a fact there are not is he, in fact, lying?   Insane?  Yes.  Lying? No. 

What's dense is you claiming I have to prove there aren't little green men from Mars.  

19 minutes ago, daz28 said:

What's dense is you claiming I have to prove there aren't little green men from Mars.  

Good Lord.  No!  You have to prove Trump in fact knows there aren't little green men from Mars but goes around saying there is.  That's a lie.  

Now we could put this whole silly debate to rest if you (and others) said "I think Trump is lying" or "I feel he's lying" vs "he's lying" or "he's a liar".  I always challenge that asserting when people call someone a liar because it's really hard to prove they are.  

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Good Lord.  No!  You have to prove Trump in fact knows there aren't little green men from Mars but goes around saying there is.  That's a lie.  

Now we could put this whole silly debate to rest if you (and others) said "I think Trump is lying" or "I feel he's lying" vs "he's lying" or "he's a liar".  I always challenge that asserting when people call someone a liar because it's really hard to prove they are.  

I've always felt that is someone claimed to have massive proof of something, but refuses to show you it, they are lying their ass off, because there's no reason they wouldn't prove it IF THEY COULD.  

• 2 weeks later...

NEW YORK — New York Attorney General Letitia James's investigation into the Trump Organization is now considered a criminal matter, James's office said Tuesday night, noting that officials with the former president's company were recently apprised of the development.

"We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the company is no longer purely civil in nature," said Fabien Levy, a spokesperson for the attorney general's office. "We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA. We have no additional comment at this time."

The attorney general's notification to the Trump Organization suggested a cooperative relationship has developed between investigators working for James and Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr., whose office has been heading a criminal probe into the company and its officers since 2018. Both officials are Democrats. A person familiar with the matter, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, said the district attorney was not specifically mentioned in James's letter to Trump's company.

Maybe Donald could "write" a book from jail? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-investigation-new-york-attorney-general-letitia-james/2021/05/18/cd2f1288-b0cf-11eb-a980-a60af976ed44_story.html

Democratic Georgia and New York prosecutors are planning to go after Trump with subpoenas and indictments.

But a Georgia attorney friend responds to this article:

“And in Georgia, Banzhaf said that Willis ‘is a Democrat in a heavily Democratic county. Therefore, most members of a grand jury, and of any criminal trial juries in this county, are likely to be very unfriendly to Trump, especially now that he has lost a lot of his clout and his ability to reach out easily on social media with most of his followers.’”

Here is what they’re overlooking:

DA’s don’t get to strike Grand Jurors. Grand Jurors are randomly selected. In 2020, Fulton County voted 26% for Trump. That means on a Grand Jury of 23 Fulton County grand jurors there would be about 6 Trump supporters.

So in normal times, Fani would have to present her “evidence” against Trump to (on average) at least 6 Trump supporters, who may ask questions, resist, push back, “punch back twice as hard”, call to subpoena additional witnesses, or take their complaints to social media.

But now, thanks to House Bill 635 signed into law by Governor Kemp, Fani has a 12-month window in which she can indict people without the pesky oversight of a Grand Jury.

“Rule of Law,” y’all. And note the (non-accidental) role of social media bans in making it harder for Trump to defend himself.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/signs-grow-of-trump-subpoenas-and-indictments-in-new-york-and-georgia

https://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/60047