The Donald Trump legacy

It will clearly be defined forever by his last year.

• Deadliest year in American history 
  • 400,000+ Americans dead from a Pandemic he completely botched responding to
  • 6.7% unemployment with 11+ million officially out of work looking for jobs and millions more who just stopped looking and dropped out of the workforce 
  • Twice impeached
  • No peaceful transfer of power... instead a violent one with what he incited on January 6th

Add in whatever else you think he's going to be remembered for 10, 20, 50 years from now...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I want to thank Trump for showing me how to deal with Trump supporters. You just say, "Have a good life" and then play YMCA.

Also, I can't think of a classier, more Presidential way for Trump to end his his term than walking off to the Village People.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Likely the first impeached President to be convicted as well. The Legacy building aint over!

That Bannon pardon may shift some votes. 
it was a tough call: Bannon knows waaay too much about the early Trump campaign and presidency,

and with his back against the wall he might have been tempted to take a deal for cooperation in another investigation. Hence the pardon. But it also makes him look like a guy who really should be barred from ever holding office again, so the impeachment got just a little more juice behind it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That Bannon pardon may shift some votes. 
it was a tough call: Bannon knows waaay too much about the early Trump campaign and presidency,

and with his back against the wall he might have been tempted to take a deal for cooperation in another investigation. Hence the pardon. But it also makes him look like a guy who really should be barred from ever holding office again, so the impeachment got just a little more juice behind it. 

The conviction will happen. Not because the Republicans all of a sudden have morals and ethics, but because it is in the Republican party's best interest to convict and ban him from ever running for office again.

If they do not convict, Trump will run in 2024 as an Independent. Where do you think his votes will comes from?

It would mean a LANDSLIDE Democrat victory no matter who the Dems ran. It would be 70M Dems, 50M Repubs, 15-20M Trump.

McConnell and Co. will definitely push to convict. Not because they care about accountability, but for the good of their own party.

And I dont mind if they do the right thing for the wrong reasons. America will be better off having banned Donny and not have him in the media anymore, and everyone move on. Disinformation on social media is already down 73% since his twitter was shut down. Bye!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Lol what?

Which 1st World Western Civilization country did and why did you say Sweden?

• 6.7% unemployment with 11+ million officially out of work looking for jobs and millions more who just stopped looking and dropped out of the workforce 

All self inflicted absolutely zero to do with underlying economic conditions 

• Twice impeached

Literally no one cares because the Ds made a circus out of it and only opened the door for anything to be impeachable which is the result of.......

• No peaceful transfer of power... instead a violent one with what he incited on January 6th

Trump exposing the enemies within this country as deranged lunatics that control all major media outlets and post 2016 used Silicon Valley to suppress all conservative opposition.  Google said post 2016 "never again."  

Add in whatever else you think he's going to be remembered for 10, 20, 50 years from now...

That he led a prosperous nation, was the victim of 2 coups, exposed the Deep State as real (props to Bernie Sanders and his supporters for selling out to it), and didn't start any wars or get us involved in any conflicts overseas.  No one remotely challenged us.  I wonder why.  

And, in 20 years, it will still be a conservative Supreme Court.   

Libs think that because they follow events in real time on low info Twitter, it means history has "judged" the event or individual immediately.

That's not how this works.  

Bill Clinton now officially looks like a conservative compared to these people.  Bush was a terrible president despite what neo cons told you at the time. 

And Barrack Obama is still the worst president in the last 100 years.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol what?

Which 1st World Western Civilization country did and why did you say Sweden?

All self inflicted absolutely zero to do with underlying economic conditions 

Literally no one cares because the Ds made a circus out of it and only opened the door for anything to be impeachable which is the result of.......

Trump exposing the enemies within this country as deranged lunatics that control all major media outlets and post 2016 used Silicon Valley to suppress all conservative opposition.  Google said post 2016 "never again."  

That he led a prosperous nation, was the victim of 2 coups, exposed the Deep State as real (props to Bernie Sanders and his supporters for selling out to it), and didn't start any wars or get us involved in any conflicts overseas.  No one remotely challenged us.  I wonder why.  

And, in 20 years, it will still be a conservative Supreme Court.   

Libs think that because they follow events in real time on low info Twitter, it means history has "judged" the event or individual immediately.

That's not how this works.  

Bill Clinton now officially looks like a conservative compared to these people.  Bush was a terrible president despite what neo cons told you at the time. 

And Barrack Obama is still the worst president in the last 100 years.  

Have a good life! 

• Eyeroll 1

The stock market finished at a record high today.

I won't be rooting for it to crash.  

I won't be rooting for high unemployment.

I won't be rooting for lockdowns and covid deaths and cases!

I'm glad the other half of the country will join us.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

You spent 4 years rooting for it and all the sudden you stop?

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

First ex-president to flee the country?

This is my guess! Moscow 

32 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The conviction will happen. Not because the Republicans all of a sudden have morals and ethics, but because it is in the Republican party's best interest to convict and ban him from ever running for office again.

If they do not convict, Trump will run in 2024 as an Independent. Where do you think his votes will comes from?

It would mean a LANDSLIDE Democrat victory no matter who the Dems ran. It would be 70M Dems, 50M Repubs, 15-20M Trump.

McConnell and Co. will definitely push to convict. Not because they care about accountability, but for the good of their own party.

And I dont mind if they do the right thing for the wrong reasons. America will be better off having banned Donny and not have him in the media anymore, and everyone move on. Disinformation on social media is already down 73% since his twitter was shut down. Bye!

This does make sense, to a point, but I suppose any GOP senator that votes to convict will have a hard reelection fight, a primary challenge and a whole bunch of right wing hate coming their way, though 

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

• Twice impeached

Great question.

I think the ultimate gift of the Trump presidency is clarity.  Oh, and a reimagined judiciary. 

13 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

How many would you estimate died because of his lack of leadership on Covid? Or do you not believe the virus killed people? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This does make sense, to a point, but I suppose any GOP senator that votes to convict will have a hard reelection fight, a primary challenge and a whole bunch of right wing hate coming their way, though 

Ehh, maybe, but they can get around it. They will look to make Trump the scapegoat for everything, completely throw him under the bus. And in 2 years, with the country out of the pandemic and a return to normalcy, folks will already forget about Trump. Even his most ardent supporters. Just like how it was almost impossible to find someone who voted for W. They'll all abandon him and move on.

• Like (+1) 1