Let’s talk Ike Boettger

gonzo1105

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Boettger is an RFA next year.  Put an original round tender for around $2.2M and you have him for the year.  Then figure out what to do about him/Ford/someone else.

Ike was an UDFA.  Doc or anyone else, do you know if there is an option other than the 1st/2nd round tender?

I didn't think there was.  If not they just got to deal with his agent and come up with a contract, correct?

It seems to me that guys like Ike are players the Bills definitely want to keep but they will cost some money.

Bojo and Wallace come to mind.

Note:  After signing the other bigger named UFAs I don't see the Bills having a lot of extra cash in the open market FA for

players from other teams once all the Bills FAs are signed.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ike was an UDFA.  Doc or anyone else, do you know if there is an option other than the 1st/2nd round tender?

I didn't think there was.  If not they just got to deal with his agent and come up with a contract, correct?

It seems to me that guys like Ike are players the Bills definitely want to keep but they will cost some money.

Bojo and Wallace come to mind.

Note:  After signing the other bigger named UFAs I don't see the Bills having a lot of extra cash in the open market FA for

players from other teams once all the Bills FAs are signed.

There are only 1st, 2nd and original round tenders.  Both 1st and 2nd are too high for Boettger.  So original tender means the Bills can only match any offers he gets.

As for Bojo and Wallace, I expect original for Bojo and 2nd for Wallace.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

There are only 1st, 2nd and original round tenders.  Both 1st and 2nd are too high for Boettger.  So original tender means the Bills can only match any offers he gets.

As for Bojo and Wallace, I expect original for Bojo and 2nd for Wallace.

Thanks, that's what I wasn't sure of in regards to an UDFA.

Had to look up 2nd round tender cost ($3.3M for the 2020 season).  I can see that or they sign him to a 3 year deal.

Wallace will be interesting.

On 1/20/2021 at 2:49 PM, Limeaid said:

Actually last year he had more of a reputation than actual penalties according to counts.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

He had a career high in 2019

https://www.nflpenalties.com/player/l-smith-buffalo-bills?year=2019 

But regardless of the amount it's fantastic that he has none this year, massive improvement.