Trent Baalke is Jags GM

GunnerBill

Holy moly. Being useless at your job really is no barrier in the NFL if you know the right people.

I honestly and truthfully believe there are guys out there working on draft content for relatively unheralded websites who could do a better job with personnel than Trent Baalke. It is why I always rebel against the "if they were that clever they'd be working for a team!" Really? Maybe unlike Trent they are not buddies with the owner's son?

Frightening. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Who thinks NFL draft guys are "good" ??? They all make colossal mistakes every year.

So I agree, there are guys out there working on draft websites who could do as well.

Anyone can.  The information is out there and freely available to everyone.

38 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Who?

The Jags are an NFL team located in Jacksonville, FL. Their full name is the Jacksonville Jaguars. They have 37 registered fans. 

Urban Meyer’s checks will still clear, I’m sure, so no worries there. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Only the jags promote their failures. I thought for sure Marrone would land somewhere in the organization too. Good luck to Urban Meyer! 

Doug is off to 'Bama according to the grapevine. Now his buddy Bill O'Brien has got the OC job Doug is in line for offensive line coach. A real staff of superstars for Saban.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Doug is off to 'Bama according to the grapevine. Now his buddy Bill O'Brien has got the OC job Doug is in line for offensive line coach. A real staff of superstars for Saban.

saban just collects his buddies needing a career re-boot. What a soft landing spot. They will win a few national titles and those guys can move back into the NFL. 

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Jags are an NFL team located in Jacksonville, FL. Their full name is the Jacksonville Jaguars. They have 37 registered fans. 

Urban Meyer’s checks will still clear, I’m sure, so no worries there. 

Boy take a vacation from TBD for like 8 months and come back to see somethings never change...

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wouldnt that be tantamount to a triple demotion?

1. NFL to College (yes I know it is the Jags to Bama .. but still)

2. HC to OL coach skipping the Coordinator position totally

I am not one to usually applaud people losing their jobs or getting demoted but Marrone is among the very very few exceptions.

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

Wouldnt that be tantamount to a triple demotion?

1. NFL to College (yes I know it is the Jags to Bama .. but still)

2. HC to OL coach skipping the Coordinator position totally

I am not one to usually applaud people losing their jobs or getting demoted but Marrone is among the very very few exceptions.

Doug has only ever been an offensive coordinator in New Orleans for Payton and he was basically just responsible for the protection schemes. He didn't design the offense and he didn't call the plays. I think he would struggle to get an OC job. My guess is he sees a successful couple of years as the OL coach in Bama as a route back to being a mid level college HC. He might even win another Pinstripe Bowl.