How about the health of other guys? (Beasley, Breeland, etc.)

Rockee96

1 minute ago, Cruiserplayer said:

607A29B4-6E60-46B9-9E9C-763E5DFF7A1F.jpeg

The kids are out in force today, have a chat with your brother please, 😂

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you actually WATCH the games? 

Smoke 8 receptions for 62 yards, including a 21 yd reception and one nominated for "Toe Drag Swag".

Also blocked to set up Diggs TD on the WR screen - good blocks by Brown and Davis.  "They do nothing" sheesh

If you watched the all-22 you'd see that the Ravens really played to take Beasley away, as they did last year.  Very physical handsy and bracketing him.  He had Humphrey on him a lot, one of the league's best slot corners.  But last week 7 receptions on 7 targets for 57 yds.  "They do nothing"

It's not an accident that one of them saw more action against the Colts and one against the Ravens.  The respective teams game planned to take one or the other of them away, but it's really hard to take away both while covering Diggs.

They are gutting it out.  I think they are hurt too.  Smoke doesn't average 7 yards a catch when feeling good.  Beas definitely could shake Humphrey if he was 100%, IMHO. 

39 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

They are gutting it out.  I think they are hurt too.  Smoke doesn't average 7 yards a catch when feeling good.  Beas definitely could shake Humphrey if he was 100%, IMHO. 

They take what the defense gave us.  I don’t think a John Brown makes 8 catches if he is really hurt. 

Beasley is definitely hurt.  Another weeks rest should increase his production 

I think Brown is trending up, he definitely looked better vs Baltimore than he did against Indy. 

Beasley looked like he was in rough shape all throughout the Baltimore game. I'm sure the plan for him this week is rehab out the wazoo and just light practice reps. 

Davis looked like he tweaked something, I heard McKenzie was dealing with something as well. Wonder if they activate Stills... Or maybe Kumerow? I know he's just gotten back so I don't know the protocol or if he'd even be able to play. 

How's KC against tight ends? Maybe in addition to Knox have Kroft active as well and scheme up some stuff for them? We shall see, I guess. 

12 hours ago, Rockee96 said:

man, how many weapons do the Chiefs have? It's almost unfair lol. 

That's why I want the Bills to draft one of the two big tight ends and/or add an exciting WR. Pour it on. 

10 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I think Brown is trending up, he definitely looked better vs Baltimore than he did against Indy. 

Beasley looked like he was in rough shape all throughout the Baltimore game. I'm sure the plan for him this week is rehab out the wazoo and just light practice reps. 

Davis looked like he tweaked something, I heard McKenzie was dealing with something as well. Wonder if they activate Stills... Or maybe Kumerow? I know he's just gotten back so I don't know the protocol or if he'd even be able to play. 

How's KC against tight ends? Maybe in addition to Knox have Kroft active as well and scheme up some stuff for them? We shall see, I guess. 

Kroft might get active as remember Gilliam getting hurt. 

Seems like a good place to put some injury stuff.

First off, article by Dr Kyle Trimble up on Bangedupbills.com reviewing known injuries from the Bills win over Ravens

Butler

DT Vernon Butler (Left foot)

Butler exited the game briefly halfway through the 1st quarter, only observed limping off to the sidelines to get looked at by training staff. Upon video review, it appeared that he had his left foot stepped on during the play. 

Butler has been playing 40-50% of our snaps at DT since Week 10 and after a rocky start, has emerged as one of our best interior linemen this season, so having him unavailable or hampered would NOT be good news.

Notable that he appeared on yesterday's injury report as a "quad" injury, not a foot, and "DNP".  I'm sure we'll hear more about that from Bangedup as the week progresses.

Fundamentally any muscle strain involves stretching and tears to muscle fibers that can range from "painful but no big deal" to "functionally limiting for weeks".  If the quad injury occurred during the 1Q when Butler left the game, but returned and played 2+Q, the injury may be at the minor scale.  But, Joe Buscaglia reported Butler did not play during the 4Q, so it's possible he suffered a more serious injury at or near the end of the 3Q which kept him from playing.

Davis

Based on video, this could be a low inversion ankle sprain. He may have also jammed his ankle when his forefoot struck the ground. He was at times in obvious discomfort throughout the game and wasn’t as much of a factor for the remainder......I would expect him to be limited this week but play Sunday. Having the extra day to rest does help things but tape and toughness will help him get through this latest injury.

Allen

Does not show up on the injury report for Weds.  Phew!

Allen once again scared everyone when he went down late in the 3rd quarter, pounding the ground in obvious discomfort. Upon review, he injured his right leg in a similar fashion as to when he injured it in the Chargers game. The stress through his right leg is significantly less compared to the previous injury.

It looks like he stressed the knee more so than the ankle since the foot came up off the turf as he went down. He could be wearing a knee brace again next week or he may not need it. What might have helped was the previous injury to the area giving more flexibility to the tissue as it’s still remodeling and healing. 

Gilliam

Does not show up on the injury report for Weds. either.

Gilliam went down on kickoff following the Taron Johnson interception for a touchdown, quickly requiring the attention of trainers upon going down. His left leg was worked out on the field and left once the defense took the field. He missed the next offensive series before returning, lining up as a fullback.

Considering he came back so quickly especially after dealing with a hamstring injury earlier this season, it’s possible he was dealing with some cramping. He was moving without hesitation supporting that this may be the case. I don’t foresee that he shows up on the injury report and I expect that he’s available for Sunday. 

Two guys who show up on the injury report that were not noted by Bangedup:  Quinton Jefferson (ankle, limited) and Edmunds (hamstring, full).  We'll hope for the best there.

It's notable that Beasley did not appear on the injury report.  There was speculation at the time of the injury that it may have involved a meniscal tear.  A tear would likely need ongoing treatment and support and possible post-season surgery.  There are several other knee problems that could have a 3-4 week healing prognosis.  Sunday was 3 weeks since the injury, so if Beasley is off the report it's possible he had something like an MCL sprain that has healed (similar to Allen)

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/19/2021 at 11:09 PM, QLBillsFan said:

Smoke had 8 catches vs Ravens. Beasley looks banged up for sure. 

He looked fine Saturday, has no injury designation now, and said he felt much better heading into the Ravens game than he did a week before in Indianapolis (a game in which he caught 7 passes for 57 yards).