How about the health of other guys? (Beasley, Breeland, etc.)

Rockee96

I know most of the attention has been on Patrick Mahomes's concussion this week, but I think the status of other key players (on both) teams will matter more than we think.

For example, does anyone know what the word is on Cole Beasley? He is healthier than last week? Gabriel Davis?

How about Bashaud Breeland? I think he's their #2 or #1 corner? If he is out, I think that will give us an advantage. 

I think cumulative effect of having Beasley and Gabriel healthy and having Breeland out will be huge. Thoughts?

Just now, Rockee96 said:

man, how many weapons do the Chiefs have? It's almost unfair lol. 

how many weapons do the Bills have. is better said ?

the answer is plenty

Only one football to go around

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

how many weapons do the Bills have. is better said ?

the answer is Plenty !

Only one football to go around

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

oopsies

32 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

man, how many weapons do the Chiefs have? It's almost unfair lol. 

And yet it seems like everyone here actually *wants* Mahomes to play in the game.

That's some messed up stuff right there.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rockee96 said:

I know most of the attention has been on Patrick Mahomes's concussion this week, but I think the status of other key players (on both) teams will matter more than we think.

For example, does anyone know what the word is on Cole Beasley? He is healthier than last week? Gabriel Davis?

How about Bashaud Breeland? I think he's their #2 or #1 corner? If he is out, I think that will give us an advantage. 

I think cumulative effect of having Beasley and Gabriel healthy and having Breeland out will be huge. Thoughts?

Stills needs to be active.  If Gabe or Beas or hobbled i can live with stills diggs and Brown.  🔥

5 minutes ago, dayman said:

Imo Cole and Smoke are hurt bad. They do nothing and I can't think of another reason why given how bad ass they used to be ...

They will both had surgery in off-season im guessing. 

The NFL doesn't require injury reports for a Sunday game until Wednesday

Tuesday is traditionally a "day off" and this season, I think the players are even barred from the facility Tues except for visiting the trainers for treatment.

So we're not gonna hear a thing about these guys until the coach talks tomorrow and the injury report comes out.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, dayman said:

Imo Cole and Smoke are hurt bad. They do nothing and I can't think of another reason why given how bad ass they used to be ...

John Brown had 8 receptions for over 60 yards against the Ravens. I agree he was invisible against the Colts, but that was not the case against Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, dayman said:

Do you actually WATCH the games? 

Smoke 8 receptions for 62 yards, including a 21 yd reception and one nominated for "Toe Drag Swag".

Also blocked to set up Diggs TD on the WR screen - good blocks by Brown and Davis.  "They do nothing" sheesh

If you watched the all-22 you'd see that the Ravens really played to take Beasley away, as they did last year.  Very physical handsy and bracketing him.  He had Humphrey on him a lot, one of the league's best slot corners.  But last week 7 receptions on 7 targets for 57 yds.  "They do nothing"

It's not an accident that one of them saw more action against the Colts and one against the Ravens.  The respective teams game planned to take one or the other of them away, but it's really hard to take away both while covering Diggs.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Smoke 8 receptions for 62 yards, including a 21 yd reception and one nominated for "Toe Drag Swag".

Also blocked to set up Diggs TD on the WR screen - good blocks by Brown and Davis.  "They do nothing" sheesh

If you watched the all-22 you'd see that the Ravens really played to take Beasley away, as they did last year.  Very physical handsy and bracketing him.  He had Humphrey on him a lot, one of the league's best slot corners.  But last week 7 receptions on 7 targets for 57 yds.  "They do nothing"

It's not an accident that one of them saw more action against the Colts and one against the Ravens.  The respective teams game planned to take one or the other of them away, but it's really hard to take away both while covering Diggs.

And covering Davis and Dawson....and finally even if you covered all of them, how do you cover the best of them all - Josh Allen.  Go Bills

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I swear some posts make me think the posters watched the game in an alternative universe where things played out differently than they did in this one.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And yet it seems like everyone here actually *wants* Mahomes to play in the game.

That's some messed up stuff right there.

Thats just fans picking up "coach speech" over the years. They hear this kind of answer all the time and are regurgitating it. I hope mahomes is healthy, but heck no do I want him to play. Guys won't bat an eye about key injuries on the lines, but they'll say it like they believe it about mahomies. Liessssssssss

• Like (+1) 1